Moabrubi's Rubicon - Page 24 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #346 of 825 Old 09-04-2013, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Moabrubi
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Well at the very least... get some kind of A pillar bar in there. Every flop or roll I see with out one, the windshield is instantly demolished and usually caving in towards the passenger compartment.
We'll see. I'd rather do it once then get something in there that I'll just end up tearing out later.

Moabrubi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #347 of 825 Old 09-04-2013, 07:28 PM
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
We'll see. I'd rather do it once then get something in there that I'll just end up tearing out later.
Good point! I wish it was an easier subject to figure out. Reading that TJ cage thread with Blaine's philosophy makes you just not want to do anything with it, or go all out so I understand where you're coming from.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gst95dsm is offline  
post #348 of 825 Old 09-04-2013, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Moabrubi
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Good point! I wish it was an easier subject to figure out. Reading that TJ cage thread with Blaine's philosophy makes you just not want to do anything with it, or go all out so I understand where you're coming from.
I talked to Blaine about cages a bit when I went over there to get my bearings pressed on. He makes some really good points which is why I'm skeptical.

I was feeling pretty confident about doing it but then I remembered all the problems with it. Lol.
Moabrubi is offline  
 
post #349 of 825 Old 09-04-2013, 08:07 PM
IEcrawlerTJ01
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: lake elsinore
Posts: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi

I talked to Blaine about cages a bit when I went over there to get my bearings pressed on. He makes some really good points which is why I'm skeptical.

I was feeling pretty confident about doing it but then I remembered all the problems with it. Lol.
I'm probably just gonna put a "glorified cb rack" in my jeep

Either ill go all out or leave it alone basically

Getting in and out of it all the time with door bars would get real old

Hanging out with Blaine, he really makes you think

SAVVY,CURRIE,GOODYEAR

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline  
post #350 of 825 Old 09-04-2013, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Moabrubi
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
I'm probably just gonna put a "glorified cb rack" in my jeep

Either ill go all out or leave it alone basically

Getting in and out of it all the time with door bars would get real old

Hanging out with Blaine, he really makes you think
Yea.. door bars, cross brace across the B pillar, harnesses, would make the Jeep a pain in a lot of cases.

I think I learned more in the couple hours I talked to Blaine then anywhere else! Really enjoyed going over there.


Are you going to be at the offroad expo this year? I talked to you last year @ the Savvy booth.
Moabrubi is offline  
post #351 of 825 Old 09-04-2013, 08:34 PM
IEcrawlerTJ01
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: lake elsinore
Posts: 1,215
I hear ya. I have learned alot from him


And not sure where I'll be at expo. But... I will be there

Maybe we can get a few guys together to meet up before the expo and convoy over there

SAVVY,CURRIE,GOODYEAR

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline  
post #352 of 825 Old 09-04-2013, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Moabrubi
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
I hear ya. I have learned alot from him

And not sure where I'll be at expo. But... I will be there

Maybe we can get a few guys together to meet up before the expo and convoy over there
Ill be checking everything out everything like always. Hopefully not spend any money or get any bad ideas

Thatd be cool to put some faces to the names on the forum.
Moabrubi is offline  
post #353 of 825 Old 09-04-2013, 10:51 PM
_KONG_
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eastvale
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Ill be checking everything out everything like always. Hopefully not spend any money or get any bad ideas

Thatd be cool to put some faces to the names on the forum.
Well i got you two covered already. But i'll be at the expo as well. What we need to do is get some trail runs going
_KONG_ is offline  
post #354 of 825 Old 09-05-2013, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Moabrubi
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post

Well i got you two covered already. But i'll be at the expo as well. What we need to do is get some trail runs going
The CA section here is pretty dead. the only reason I go to that other forum is because they have a lot more runs.

I think we need to do a little Socal JF Cougar Buttes run. Keep my number for these future trail rides.
Moabrubi is offline  
post #355 of 825 Old 09-05-2013, 10:31 AM
_KONG_
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eastvale
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
The CA section here is pretty dead. the only reason I go to that other forum is because they have a lot more runs.

I think we need to do a little Socal JF Cougar Buttes run. Keep my number for these future trail rides.
Lets make it happen once it cools off. I have 4 TJs in my group alone. I think we can get some fun runs going. Im going to need 35s asap
_KONG_ is offline  
post #356 of 825 Old 09-05-2013, 10:49 AM
IEcrawlerTJ01
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: lake elsinore
Posts: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_

Lets make it happen once it cools off. I have 4 TJs in my group alone. I think we can get some fun runs going. Im going to need 35s asap
No need for 35's at cougar buttes. 33's are just fine as well as 31's and some good driving and a locker or two

35's make the main trails there boring for me atleast. I'm always venturing off and playing on the awesome uncharted terrain

It is a great place. Lots of room to learn and it's much more forgiving than the hammers

There is a bypass for just about every obstacle and your not stuck in the middle of a big rock filled canyon so it's less stressful

One of my Fav places to mess around

You and your buddy Carlos have still yet to come play on the rocks by my house. I got lots of cool **** just like cougar buttes actually

SAVVY,CURRIE,GOODYEAR

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline  
post #357 of 825 Old 09-05-2013, 10:57 AM
_KONG_
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eastvale
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
No need for 35's at cougar buttes. 33's are just fine as well as 31's and some good driving and a locker or two

35's make the main trails there boring for me atleast. I'm always venturing off and playing on the awesome uncharted terrain

It is a great place. Lots of room to learn and it's much more forgiving than the hammers

There is a bypass for just about every obstacle and your not stuck in the middle of a big rock filled canyon so it's less stressful

One of my Fav places to mess around

You and your buddy Carlos have still yet to come play on the rocks by my house. I got lots of cool **** just like cougar buttes actually
Like I told Moabrubi. Once i finish this engine skid im down to try anything and everything
_KONG_ is offline  
post #358 of 825 Old 09-05-2013, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Moabrubi
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by _KONG_ View Post
Lets make it happen once it cools off. I have 4 TJs in my group alone. I think we can get some fun runs going. Im going to need 35s asap
I probably had the most fun in my TJ at cougar buttes when it was mostly stock. When I go back i am definetly doing some of the harder offshoots.

Yours would do just fine .




Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
No need for 35's at cougar buttes. 33's are just fine as well as 31's and some good driving and a locker or two

35's make the main trails there boring for me atleast. I'm always venturing off and playing on the awesome uncharted terrain

It is a great place. Lots of room to learn and it's much more forgiving than the hammers

There is a bypass for just about every obstacle and your not stuck in the middle of a big rock filled canyon so it's less stressful

One of my Fav places to mess around

You and your buddy Carlos have still yet to come play on the rocks by my house. I got lots of cool **** just like cougar buttes actually
Theres plenty of trails there that wouldnt be boring on a rig on 35s. Hammerdown and Hardrock come to mind.

Bullfrog is still fun for me even on 35s
Moabrubi is offline  
post #359 of 825 Old 09-05-2013, 01:37 PM
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,366
I'd like to join in on this when it happens.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gst95dsm is offline  
post #360 of 825 Old 09-05-2013, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Moabrubi
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
I'd like to join in on this when it happens.
Awesome. CB is a blast you won't be dissapointed.
Moabrubi is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome