Ok it is time to start documenting my build. I bought my 06 X last may. It came with a 3" BL and 31's. I know I know, just bear with me. I started buying my parts in Feb. to get ready for EJS 2010. That put me in a time crunch, so Idaho Jeep sugested I call my build "MOAB or Bust".
All parts are bought and sitting in my dads shop with the exception of my rear drive shaft. I cannot order it until I finish everything and know what length I will need, and of course the parts already installed.
A special thanks to my Dad (Howdy), and John (JMOX). Without their help it would have ended in a bust instead of MOAB. Thanks again.
This is going to be a 2 stage build since I could not complete the entire build before EJS.
Parts purchased (I may forget some and have to add as I remember):
1) Metal Cloake: Overline fenders, and 6" flares front and rear powder coated black, (()front aluminum bumper with stinger and mini caps), their rocker system with steps, and a set of their bullet led lights.
2) North Ridge 4X4: (Custom D44 with 35 spline chromoly shafts, disc break kit, 4.88 gears, ARB Locker and Riddler cover), (D30 chromoly shafts, ARB Locker, 4.88 gear set, and Riddler cover), the large ARB pump with air up kit, Cobra remote mount CB, 4' firestick, Litedot led tail lights, Liscense plate relocation bracket with 3rd brakelight, and ORO swaylock, sye kit.
3) 4wheel parts: Procomp rock crawler extreme rims, Smittybuilt XRC 10 winch with synthetic line, hard upper doors, 2.5 gallon air tank kit, 6 black .75" shackles, KC slimline 135w driving lights.
4) Genright: Legend extreme stretch coilover kit, rear antirock style swaybar, belly up skid, 1" MM, 1" BL, Chromoly high steer kit with pass knuckle, steering box skid, Aluminum stretch corner gaurds, EXT gas tank and skid, King 2" remote reservor coilovers.
5)LOD: rear expidition bumper and tire carrier.
6) TSC: Hobart mig welder.
7) Pitbull) 35x12.5x15 radial rockers.
Here is what my baby looked like before the build began (go ahead and laugh)