MO2500's '97 TJ Build up - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > MO2500's '97 TJ Build up

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-13-2010, 09:50 PM   #121
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Oh yea, this came in Install pics will have to wait till tomorrow because the girl said it was time to stop working on the jeep

What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2010, 09:55 PM   #122
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach06 View Post
I think you should leave that rear bumper off....it looks sexy all clean.
Pay attention Zach

Steel is already on the way. I'll be going through with my plan to replace the rear crossmember with something similar to the T&T replacement and then building a tub mounted tire carrier similar to the treks or Orfab carriers
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
Unread 07-14-2010, 08:27 AM   #123
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Antirock is installed and it took all of about 30 min Would like to flex it out to test for clearance and what not but It's raining here and the jeeps topless.

Very easy install. First you smack the bushings into the ends of the front crossmember using a hammer and block of wood.

Grease the inner diameter of the white bushings and slide the anti-sway bar through

Next you install the antirock arms so that they are parallel to each other. It's easier if you just install them pointing straight down so you get them both clocked the same on the bar. Then you tighten the bolts on the end to hold them in place.

Measure for the links and then put them together on the bench and make sure they are both the same length.

Install links and it's all done. At least for now as I'll have to check for clearance and determine if i need to change the length of the links.
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
Unread 07-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #124
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

currie looks nice, i have to get me one of those bad boys

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #125
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLIDJP44 View Post
currie looks nice, i have to get me one of those bad boys
Crappy, evening cell phone pic of the Antirock flexing

Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
Unread 07-16-2010, 04:42 PM   #126
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Received my order of steel today for the rear crossmember and tire carrier, as well as the bushing I'm using for the hinge. I know it doesn't look like much yet but I'v got the plan in my head. Still waiting on my d-ring shackle mounts but I probably won't start the build till after next weekend anyway. Thinking about going to Rausch Creek first ....

Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-

Last edited by MO2500; 07-16-2010 at 07:42 PM..
Unread 07-16-2010, 06:46 PM   #127
Jeep319
1997 TJ Wrangler 

MO 2500 - question for you...i run a similiar set up....97 4 banger w/ 33s. with that front bumper and wench how much more weight did that add to the front of your rig? did you notice any decrease in handeling / performance from the extra weight? like yours mine is also NOT a daily driver so i dont really care about speed...just wondering how the 4 banger holds up with the extra pounds. also, how much of a difference did the regear to 4.88 make? i am at 4.10 now and am thinking of regearing soon. thanks..
Jeep319 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2010, 07:39 PM   #128
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep319 View Post
MO 2500 - question for you...i run a similiar set up....97 4 banger w/ 33s. with that front bumper and wench how much more weight did that add to the front of your rig? did you notice any decrease in handeling / performance from the extra weight? like yours mine is also NOT a daily driver so i dont really care about speed...just wondering how the 4 banger holds up with the extra pounds. also, how much of a difference did the regear to 4.88 make? i am at 4.10 now and am thinking of regearing soon. thanks..
Quite a bit of weight. Don't know exactly how much but I lost roughly 3/4-7/8" of lift in the front with the bumper and winch combo. I plan to lose the steel line and go synthetic soon so that will help some. And may eventually cut my bumper down to be a little narrower also reducing the weight a bit more.
On my jeep, the added weight actually helped with on road driving IMO. Mine rode pretty rough and the added weight helped load the springs some so it's not so bouncy. It may differ with different lifts and different brand springs/shocks

The re-gear to 4.88 is one of the best choices I made. It helped a lot with on-road performance, especially on the highway (it sees a few highway miles every once in awhile on the way to the trails). Before, any kind of hill would have me downshifting to 3rd but now it can pull most hills unless there long steep grades, where you would be downshifting with the stock tires and gears anyway. The engine doesn't feel like it's lugging anymore trying to turn these heavy 33x12.50's and it stays in the powerband so fuel milage picked up as well, maybe 16mpg. I think before i was getting 12-13.
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
Unread 07-20-2010, 07:01 PM   #129
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

It appears I have a new problem. Went to start the jeep today and it didn't want to start at first. when it finally did it was sputtering and barely running for about 10-15 seconds...then it purrs like a kitten Shut it off and started it back up, starts immediately and runs fine It sat for a couple of hours and then i went to move it again and it had trouble starting again and was barely idling for about 15 seconds then it runs smooth again.

So it seems to have something to do with it being cold. I can't figure out what it would be that would make it run like **** for the first 10-15 sec and then run great the rest of the time, no miss or sputter or anything after the initial start up. The only thing i think it could be is bad gas possibly??? I just filled up yesterday so i'm wondering if that could be it
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
Unread 07-20-2010, 07:38 PM   #130
coolens98TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Throw some iso heet in it or some fuel stabilizer in it. Do you have a CEL on?

[SIZE="4"]SUPPORT JF[/SIZE]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f6/support-jeepforum-equipment-drive-963790/[/url]
coolens98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #131
kwkouki
2004 TJ Wrangler 

really looking forward to your tire carrier build. you do amazing work
kwkouki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2010, 10:38 PM   #132
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolens98TJ View Post
Throw some iso heet in it or some fuel stabilizer in it. Do you have a CEL on?
No CEL. I checked for codes with the key on key off trick and there are no codes recorded. I feel like i should be getting something for a misfire but nothing. Also cleaned the distributor cap and rotor but they were clean and dry so that didn't change anything. However, thats what it feels like. It runs like the distributor is wet for the first 15 sec then it's fine Leaning towards it maybe being a sensor somewhere but not sure where to start? I just recently cleaned the throttle body and all related sensors, changed the plugs, oil and air cleaner and it's been running great until today. Probably 200 miles since I did all that so I don't think i messed anything up. Not really sure. I'll try to start it in the morning and see if it's still having a problem starting when cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkouki View Post
really looking forward to your tire carrier build. you do amazing work
Thanks Looking forward to working on it myself. Hopefully next week I can get started!
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
Unread 07-21-2010, 09:14 AM   #133
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well started it up this morning and it fired immediately as soon as I turned the key and idled smooth as ever

Just a fluke yesterday? bad gas? Less than ideal humidity and barometric pressure messing with the ECU? Who knows, but it seems fine now. Always something with these jeeps
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
Unread 07-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #134
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Jeepitis!! haha. I've had that happen before man, barely started one day then the next day it started right up.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #135
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

All packed up and ready to roll. Me and my buddy are heading to RC tomorrow for a day of wheeling

Should be an awesome time and I'll be sure to have tons of pics when I get back. Stay tuned...
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-

Tags
4 link , air bags , coilovers , emc , jeep tj , koh , low rider , mid arm , pimp fabrimication , rock crawler , ultra4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.