MO2500's '97 TJ Build up - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > MO2500's '97 TJ Build up

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #61
WtrHamer97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep looks great man , just finished reading your build, great work , and really great writeup on the Aussie install. I also have the Red with tan soft top color combo always liked the look. Again great Jeep

Unread 04-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #62
Strokin87
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nice jeep, saw it today in person lol.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Classic - 6.5" Rock Krawler long arm lift, sye and shaft, 33" Baja Claws(soon to be 35" STTs), JCR Stage 3 front bumper, steel rear bumper with swing out tire carrier and Hi-Lift jack, rocker guards, Cobra CB, KC Daylighters. SOLD

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/x...assic-1113999/

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - 3" Rough Country full suspension lift, 31x10.50x15 Cooper Discoverer STTs. SOLD :(
Strokin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2010, 10:24 PM   #63
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firejeep97 View Post
Jeep looks great man , just finished reading your build, great work , and really great writeup on the Aussie install. I also have the Red with tan soft top color combo always liked the look. Again great Jeep
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbmx87 View Post
Nice jeep, saw it today in person lol.
Haha, yea today was a lot of fun. Sorta wished it had turned out better for my buddy but **** happens.

I'm glad the little bit of trouble i was having with mine ended up being an easy fix. still not sure how 2 vacuum lines pulled off. It's a weird feeling when all of the sudden you loose brakes and your engine idles at 2k rpm I'm gonna go through the engine compartment after i get it cleaned off and tighten and check all the hoses and connections to hopefully prevent any future issues. Ran great after i found those loose hoses
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #64
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Glad you could make it out today man. Sure was fun, now tomorrow can be spent cleaning **** haha.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #65
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
Glad you could make it out today man. Sure was fun, now tomorrow can be spent cleaning **** haha.
Very well could take all day to get it looking like it was when we headed out this morning But hey, I enjoy cleaning it just as much as i like getting it dirty

Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-

Last edited by MO2500; 05-17-2010 at 07:10 PM..
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:34 PM   #66
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Okay, been awhile since i'v had a update on my Jeep. Been really busy working the last few months so the "jeep fund" has really built up

Just took 2 of my 3 finals today and I have 1 more final wednesday before i can head home for the summer, then the fun can begin! Would like to do a lot of things to the jeep this summer so hopefully my build will be picking up a little now that schools ending

Ordered this today

Rubicon express hand throttle. Figured it was a cool little upgrade that I'v wanted to do for winching and those times when you find yourself needing 3 feet on the trail lol

Should be getting a healthy pay check next week and will be ordering the steel and supplies i need to build my rear bumper/ tire carrier so i can get started with that. Still havn't finalized what I want to do with that. Whether i go with the traditional swingout with trailer spindle or maybe a swing down design is still up in the air. Might do a double sheer heim setup for the tire carrier hinge as opposed to a trailer spindle. I'v been researching different designs for awhile so idk what i'll come up with

Will also be purchasing a tandem axle trailer to tow the jeep with (also for my landscaping business since the little 5x10 enclosed i have no longer fits all my equipment). I'd like the comfort of knowing no matter what happens on the trail, I can still get home. I'll be more comfortable cruising down the highway in my Duramax with the jeep behind it than I do now with my underpowered 4cyl I still enjoy cruising around in the jeep locally so it will stay street legal for a little while longer.
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:52 PM   #67
J-B
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Lookin Great!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/e...ammy-j-935630/
J-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #68
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

what kind of duramax you have? You cut yards in the summer?

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 08:32 PM   #69
karlo

It came out really great! The logo below the jeep badge looks really cool.
karlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #70
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbo711 View Post
Lookin Great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlo View Post
It came out really great! The logo below the jeep badge looks really cool.
Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuKon44 View Post
what kind of duramax you have? You cut yards in the summer?
Yea, I sort of created my own business a couple summers ago and it just kinda grew from there. I contract with a commercial home builder in MD and parts of northern VA and cut and trim all their models and inventory lots. It kicks my *** all summer long but it pays off. I work alone and don't deal with overhead and all that of a large landscaping business.

'04 2500HD CC w/standard bed (LB7 Duramax)
A few performance mods (turbo back exhaust, CAI, Tuner, wastegate, and a few other goodies)
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
Unread 05-17-2010, 09:48 PM   #71
ktwnxj
1987 XJ Cherokee 

nice jeep good build and nice write ups but that cheby, its killin me man lol.
not a fan of the Westin bull bar or that lil retarded visor over the windsheild. thats just my $.02
Unread 05-17-2010, 10:17 PM   #72
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

money must be good lol looks nice

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 10:20 PM   #73
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktwnjeep View Post
nice jeep good build and nice write ups but that cheby, its killin me man lol.
not a fan of the Westin bull bar or that lil retarded visor over the windsheild. thats just my $.02
Meh, your entitled to your opinion . The thing i dislike the most on the truck is the wheels which came on the truck when we got it. May upgrade when i need new tires. As for the visor, i don't think it's all that bad (also came on the truck). I'v thought about removing it but am afraid to see the holes drilled in the roof lol
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
Unread 05-22-2010, 11:22 PM   #74
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Anyway, got my hand throttle kit so will probably mess around with getting that installed tomorrow.

Also going to see if i can go get the wire and connectors i need to move my winch solenoid box under the hood. I think the front end will look cleaner and i can come up with a more permanent mount for the solenoid box. Right now it's just zip tied to the grill.
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
Unread 05-23-2010, 10:40 PM   #75
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Got the hand throttle installed and working today I think it's a pretty cool little feature that will probably get a lot of use offroad. Here's a little write up of the install.

Here is what came in the kit. It's a universal kit so not everything is used. The parts list said i should have had a barrel adjuster in my kit but for some reason that was left out. Not a big deal, i just pulled one off an old bicycle brake we had lying around and it worked perfectly.

So i started by removing the air box and intake to get some room to get at the throttle body. My throttle body was pretty dirty so I pulled it and cleaned the entire thing. Also cleaned all the associated sensors

Next, I popped the throttle linkage out of the bracket and removed the bracket from the jeep so i could drill and mount the L-shaped bracket from the hand throttle kit

Once i lined up the L-bracket and drilled the hole. I mounted it to the throttle linkage bracket with the supplied nut and bolt from the kit
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-

Tags
4 link , air bags , coilovers , emc , jeep tj , koh , low rider , mid arm , pimp fabrimication , rock crawler , ultra4

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.