MO2500's '97 TJ Build up - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > MO2500's '97 TJ Build up

Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!

Unread 03-16-2010, 11:01 PM   #46
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoked99 View Post
Looking good dude. Those rockers look pretty nice. I also love the tan top. You don't see a lot of them with that color combo, but I really like it.
Thanks man I too like the tan/red combo. I'll have to get those rocker guards installed sometime soon.

Well, today I got the flares all bolted back on. Came out pretty good IMO. Also removed my frame mounted rock sliders so i can sell them as they will be replaced with the new rocker guards soon. let me know what you guys think

And, in the spirit of Today's awesome weather, the top came off for a little cruising around town. Hope this weather keeps up so i don't have to put it back on. Is it summer yet

What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2010, 11:04 PM   #47
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Its gonna be top down/doors off weather all week in the MoCo area man. I LOVE IT.

Jeep looks great!
Unread 03-16-2010, 11:26 PM   #48
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
Its gonna be top down/doors off weather all week in the MoCo area man. I LOVE IT.

Jeep looks great!
Thats exactly what i wanna hear It's about time it starts warming up around here haha
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
Unread 03-16-2010, 11:31 PM   #49
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Kinda surprised I haven't seen you around rockville anywhere. You go to MC or UMD?
Unread 03-16-2010, 11:39 PM   #50
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I go to SU. I'm in rockville all the time, although I'm not always in my jeep. I plan on making that greenridge trip if we ever get some definite dates planned out haha... would also like to hit Rausch Creek with some other RC newbs sometime this spring, greens and blues to start
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
Unread 03-17-2010, 12:53 AM   #51
jms12490
1998 TJ Wrangler 

nice work, looks sick
jms12490 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2010, 01:10 AM   #52
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
I go to SU. I'm in rockville all the time, although I'm not always in my jeep. I plan on making that greenridge trip if we ever get some definite dates planned out haha... would also like to hit Rausch Creek with some other RC newbs sometime this spring, greens and blues to start
Good stuff. Im down for another greenridge run, i mean i just need to get the jeep off pavement again man. I'm gettin desperate. I wouldn't go with that huge group of people tho man. Me you, my buddy DiabloYj and my other bud pat should all roll in a group to keep things more condensed.
Unread 03-17-2010, 09:25 AM   #53
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yea man, I'm down for that. I can be free most weekends as long as i know ahead of time so just let me know if you guys wanna do a trip sometime
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
Unread 03-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #54
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

jeep looks really good however i would take an inch a half off of those flares it will make your jeep i think a lot better looking although it looks great as is. Im currently saving for a savvy gts and some real rock sliders for mine as well, id like to hit Rausch creek sometime in may, with a few guys from here let me know, check my build when you get a chance.

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #55
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Dude has more than enough room for those tires man. No need to trim just because you had to.
Unread 03-17-2010, 11:26 AM   #56
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravine44 View Post
jeep looks really good however i would take an inch a half off of those flares it will make your jeep i think a lot better looking although it looks great as is. Im currently saving for a savvy gts and some real rock sliders for mine as well, id like to hit Rausch creek sometime in may, with a few guys from here let me know, check my build when you get a chance.
Yea i'd definitely be down for a may trip if funds allow. Also, if it doesn't interfere with final exams. Let me know when you guys decide on a trip

I also appreciate the suggestion on the fenders. The tires actually stuff really well into the fenders though. This pic may help, don't mind my makeshift RTI ramp . This is with the axle sitting on the bumpstop and i can still fit my hands around the tires. If i do something with the flares it will be tube fenders or flat style flares, but i sorta like the look now

Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
Unread 03-17-2010, 11:30 AM   #57
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
Dude has more than enough room for those tires man. No need to trim just because you had to.
it was just a suggestion, relax my friend, i just never realized how much extra plastic there is to get rid of. I did it for looks however i really didn't need to with near 4" of lift though. anyway, we should go to rausch sometime this may? Get a few guys to go.

Unread 03-17-2010, 12:04 PM   #58
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I may have a friend or 2 that would like to go to rausch as well. I think we could get a pretty good group together. Have you been before Ravine? It would be the first time for my friend and I at RC so maybe we could get someone that has been before to join the group and show us around. I'm locked up front, my friend would likely bring his cherokee on 3.5" lift 32's and open diffs so i'm thinking a few green and maybe a few blue trails.
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
Unread 03-17-2010, 01:14 PM   #59
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
I may have a friend or 2 that would like to go to rausch as well. I think we could get a pretty good group together. Have you been before Ravine? It would be the first time for my friend and I at RC so maybe we could get someone that has been before to join the group and show us around. I'm locked up front, my friend would likely bring his cherokee on 3.5" lift 32's and open diffs so i'm thinking a few green and maybe a few blue trails.
im open and i have no problems drop er down in 4 lo and im golden then again i baby the **** out of my rig. I have never been there but from my house im about and hour and half from there. Id like to do the blues and greens there, nothing extreme, just to go meet a few guys and bull**** ya know, but for me the ride there is just as fun lol, providing we have good weather in may. I have been by it a million times but never wheel it. paragon use to be where the fun was at, that was a little over an hour from my house.

Unread 04-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #60
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got a chance today to finish mounting my new rocker guards. I'm pretty happy with the way they came out. They were a hair short so there were gaps between the rocker and flare that i touched up with a spray can, other than that they look solid I can't complain, sold my frame mounted sliders for $140 and bought these for $110 so a 30 dollar profit on an upgrade

Pics

Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-

Tags
4 link , air bags , coilovers , emc , jeep tj , koh , low rider , mid arm , pimp fabrimication , rock crawler , ultra4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.