not much work getting done so no more pics. loose fit the hood to check clearance and keep the motor dry, bolted in the brake booster, master cylinder, and pedal rack. bought a 25' coil of steel brake line, bunch of brake fittings. some flexible radiator hoses, and some zip ties for tidying up a few wires. pb blastered the front brake fittings and got them loosened so i can start bending up the front brake lines. i will be leaving the stock soft lines for the time being due to lack of funds to buy new ss hoses, besides they are in good enough shape to work so why replace them until i lift it.
i also started mocking up the rough shape and routing of the new radiator hoses. since the inlet and outlet are opposite on my 4.0 radiator to those on the 5.2 stock radiator some fabrication is in order. i have read that the 4.0 rad is plenty enough to cool the 5.2 if you drill a small hole or 2 in the t-stat. i think moparfreak just left it alone and has no issues cooling his la/magnum hybrid motor with the stock 4.0 rad.
on a side note... if anyone has any kind of rebuilding like mine planned i highly reccoment the totally stainless kits. holy crap what a time saver they are. no rooting through a box of nuts and bolts only to find 3 out of 4 matching bolts and substituting the 4th with one that has a different head. the kits are dummy proof, and besides they are stainless no more rusted bolts to contend with!!!
however the ma deuce is near and dear to my heart, even though it's a display replica, i would rather have the .50 bmg. i spent many a moon behind a bmg she and i have history.
i'm actually elbows deep in piecing together some dash components, the new power steering pump, getting ideas for exhaust (bot much room at all on drivers side i will need to find a very small cat to fit in there) i tore the vacuum actuator hoses for the front axle and plugged the lines at the x-case for a posi loc kit, have the air box back in, hood vent installed, most of the dash wiring plugged back in, and planning my brake runs. i also have the brake pedal hooked but nothing after the master cylinder. the clutch is 100% from the pedal to the t.o. bearing. next thing would be the throttle cable as far as the pedal rack goes and the controls are complete.
oh a co-worker gave me the idea to use exhaust tubing for the radiator run under the front of the engine and 2 rubber couplers one on either end, i am looking into the materials needed to make that happen aswell.
as soon as those fenders arrive next week and monsta hits the shelves i will be a liner spraying fiend if the weather holds out.
well break time is over, i have been up since 3pm yesterday worked midnight shift and just can't pry myself away from the jeep project, i'm getting as bad as magnet when it comes to calling it a day and sleeping for 1.36 minutes or so.
well the wife put her foot down, no more jeep for today.
well i have been awake for going on 25 hours, have only eaten once, and still reeling in my brain on what is next to do on the ole girl.
i sourced the throttle cable and power steering hoses from the zj i took the motor out of.
throttle cable, now all 3 pedals are fully functional.
power steering is fully operational.
brand new battery cables installed, i will be able to mount the battery damn near anywhere in the engine bay.
dash backing plate setting in place with light controls and gauges in place.
steering column is permanently affixed not just temporarily fastened in place.
seat bolts threaded into holes to keep threads clean when i liner the inside.
located a smaller catalytic converter for the drivers side
(don't worry i guarantee it there won't be any more flow restriction than the other side ).
i found the zj rear driveshaft that i will make a temporary shaft out of so i can at least move it around if needed.
cleaned up a few wires, found a few i have no idea where they go as well.
i'm sure there's more but i'm tired and need some sleep.
as the switch on an electric fan? i know it would only work on a single fan for a single speed and only on or off, but i am very short on cash and if it would operate a fan for the time being i will settle for it. i need to get this thing on the road by 4th of july and funds are tight. with brake lines, radiator, rad hose fittings, new tail lights, wiring for lights, exhaust, and the 3 gallons of to finish the job off, i need to keep it as low cost as possible.
ok so i decided i'm going to try to get away without running a cat. there just isn't any room on the drivers side for one. since the skid covers the dump for the headers by a good 6" i am going to try to get away without them. also cut a temporary rear driveshaft only to find out that xj diff u-joints and yj read diff u-joints are not the same. that's what i get for assuming. i can either take the yoke off hte zj or just wait till i get my sye, lift and new driveshaft to worry about it. i can get it inspected with just a front shaft.
more disappointment today. i wired a radiator in just for temporary, and got a temporary driveshaft made to try it all out. i had planned on a short drive around the property to see how it is all fitting together. well the new drive line angle is too steep for a stock shaft. to top all that off i broke a u-joint strap bolt off in the pinion somehow. it was 1/4" drive and barely tight, i was actually backing the bolt back out when it broke. i threw my hands up for the day around 4pm, went out to dinner and drank 2 pitchers of beer.