"mighty grey" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "mighty grey"

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 10-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
ctrim78
1986 CJ7 

"mighty grey"

Ok heres my project i have been working on for the past four years. Why it took so long you ask, two reasons.....im raising a 4 year old and i dont have deep pockets so bills and family come first. Anyways lets get this post goin here...

Here it is as i got it...

Inside the engine compartment you could tell the PO really went hacking and rigging **** up...

Time to start tearing her down. Im not gonna go into too much detail to keep this post to the point.

First thing was get the body off...

Next was engine and trans...

Gettin her down to the frame...

Only thing i had to do to the frame besides sand and paint was replace the rear crossmember. So after all that was done, time to start building her back up. Im gonna save the motor and engine compartment for last but that can all be done with it back together anyway so i put the 4" suspension lift on with 1.5" shackles and get the engine back in...

As you can see from this shot the pinion angle is ridiculous. Some shims will take care of that. I also installed a double cardan driveshaft from a stock cherokee to help in the rear as well...

Went with a plastic fuel tank to not have to worry about rust again....

Decided to go with an automatic so i had a tf999 rebuilt with a new shift kit and custom made torque converter. Also clocked the transfer case so i now have flush ground clearance all the way across...

Now lets take care of that body, time to herculine the undercarriage and inside...

Got the body back on...

Now the front...

Lets throw a B&M Megashifter in there...

OK getting there..tires look a little small so lets throw some 35's on there...MTR with Kevlars will do...

ctrim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
ctrim78
1986 CJ7 

Ok time for paint. Went with a primer with a built in rust inhibitor...

And now top coat...

Ok that is way to bright a color for me, lets add a little flat black to the mix and blackout that grille...

Thats more like it, lets get the rest back on...

Time to get started on that engine compartment but ill continue with those build pics in a little bit.
Unread 07-20-2014, 01:29 PM   #3
ctrim78
1986 CJ7 

wow no comments....i really feel loved
Unread 07-20-2014, 01:45 PM   #4
ctrim78
1986 CJ7 

Well anyways here are some more updates....

Weber carb with Holley Fuel Pressure Regulator

DUI distributor

Beefier steering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.