MG's 2000 2Dr Build "Greyhound" - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > MG's 2000 2Dr Build "Greyhound"

Huge Soft top SaleNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 03-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #61
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ
i would love to have a similar XJ for DD duty. i love silver XJ's with some dark tint though. looks good dude
I had to find a better dd, I'm heading out your way for school next fall. The green one couldn't handle heading across the country.

Utah Jeep Crew Member #119
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
mg2000xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #62
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

yeah i understand man. mine isnt an optimal DD really anymore. but it does the job until i graduate. where are you going to school out here?

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #63
makemusic116
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Love the Jeep man especially the color. If you don't mind my asking where did you pick up the factory fog light switch? I am looking to use the same setup with the factory switch to keep it looking clean on the inside.
Flowmaster Super 44

My Build Thread...Everyday XJ
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/e...build-1172798/

Build Total So Far: $1,738.87
makemusic116 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #64
2000BB6
2000 XJ Cherokee 

who made your BB???
Unread 03-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #65
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ View Post
yeah i understand man. mine isnt an optimal DD really anymore. but it does the job until i graduate. where are you going to school out here?
Not exactly real close but on your half of the US. Either U. of Utah or U of Nevada, Reno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemusic116 View Post
Love the Jeep man especially the color. If you don't mind my asking where did you pick up the factory fog light switch? I am looking to use the same setup with the factory switch to keep it looking clean on the inside.
Well I got one from a part out on here in the classifieds but it was shot. Then I found one locally on craigslist. I lucked out and got a brand new one for half the price of used ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000BB6 View Post
who made your BB???
Mix and match. Bought a set of brand new RC 1.5-2" shackles and then found a set of spacers on craigslist. Got it done for under $75
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
Unread 03-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #66
2000BB6
2000 XJ Cherokee 

i like how it sits, better than mine lol
Unread 03-18-2011, 10:02 PM   #67
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I need to get the rear up a little higher, its either just even or a little low in the ***.
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
Unread 03-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #68
OilTownXJ

Thats a clean looking 2Dr!
OilTownXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #69
2000BB6
2000 XJ Cherokee 

haha its funny because i have a spare tire in my XJ and its a moab with the MTR
Unread 04-08-2011, 11:22 AM   #70
4DoorXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Updates????
4DoorXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2011, 12:02 PM   #71
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Not a whole lot to update. Just been driving it a lot.

Took it on a major roadtrip trip to South Carolina, 16 hours roundtrip without a single issue.

Got some C4X4 tow hook brackets from 4DoorXJ, need to buy some hooks and Ill get them installed soon.

I'm quickly going broke so I have my spare axles up for sale, hp30, xj44 and I also have a set of eccos on 30x9.50s if anyone is interested.

I'm still looking for a hitch locally and that will be about it for a while. Still unemployed due to my surgery. Hopefully I can get back to work/find a new job soon.
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
Unread 06-20-2011, 05:00 AM   #72
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg2000xj
Logan, I just want it to be as cute as yours, that's my main goal for the build.

Started the stereo install tonight. I started with cleaning up the wiring harness from my other xj. It was all hooked up and ready to go but the wiring was a mess, this is what I ended up with.

My headunit has ipod controls built in so I can plug it in and never have to actually touch the ipod. On my other xj I ran the cable under the center console and cut a hole in the center console bucket and let it sit in there. I didnt like this because I wasnt able to lock it up without removing it and putting it in the glove box. So where did I run the cable on this one? The glove box of course. I ran the wire behind the headunit, through the dash and into the glove box from the back

To keep the cable from falling back into the dash I drilled two small holes for a zip tie.

Now I can leave the glove box locked while still being able to use my ipod.

I also use my droid for music which means I needed a 3.5mm headphone jack somewhere. In my old xj I had one ran under the center console to the ash tray and left the wire coiled up inside when not in use. I did this pretty much exactly as I had done before.

I drilled the hole in this position only to realize the cable wouldnt fit in the compartment where the ash tray drops into. I redrilled the hole in the rear of the try slightly offset to the left and it fit perfectly.

Put a zip tie around the cable to keep it from sliding back into the center console and we were good to go.

All installed

Next up will be speakers and most likely a new sub and amp. I will swap the Polk components from the old xj into this one and when Im done typing this Im buying a set of Polk coax speakers to match the fronts.

Im going to install the front speakers like I had them on the old xj but I will mount the crossovers inside the door. Like this,

Thanks for looking
That door is amazing
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2011, 05:03 AM   #73
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg2000xj
Alright guys, here are few more photos of the stereo install. I didnt take as many photos as I should have but you get the idea. If you have any questions let me know.

This is how the jeep looked for a week or two

New speaker wire ran under the trim at the rear of the headliner. Went through the back to the crossover which is now tucked up inside the soundbar behind the speaker

Ran the wires down the c pillar, behind the trim, to the amp mounted on the drivers side trunk wall

The front speaker wires were ran down the door sills under the trim pieces and up through the stock door grommets. The front component crossovers are mounted inside the door panels.

Completed

Rear speakers are covered by the stock grilles

I still need to pull the door panels off and check out what the tweeters are hitting. Something behind them is pushing them out not allowing the tweeter cups to sit flush. I will do this once the weather is nice and Im not on crutches and a leg brace.

I dont ever want to do another 4ch amp/new speaker wire/speaker install again. It was frustrating and a ton of work but I did actually get it to look nice and clean like I wanted.

Here is the trunk as of now, I plan on building a tool box that will match the dimensions of the sub box as well. Thats one of the next projects I will get to.

Id also like to get my windows tinted now that I have some expensive equipment in the jeep. The less thats visible the better.

On a slightly different note, I ordered a 2002 Suburban rear view mirror off ebay. It has a compass and temp sensor I plan on hooking up. should be here in the next few days.

Thanks for looking
Awesome wiring job! It looks good 2 thumbs up
Unread 06-20-2011, 05:13 AM   #74
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Haha you have like 100 jeeps man
Unread 06-20-2011, 10:43 PM   #75
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj View Post
Haha you have like 100 jeeps man
Only 1 now, I plan on keeping this one for a while.

I did get a hitch installed the other day and Im ready to throw down for my lift but I really need to save money for school. Priorities priorities
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.