MG2000XJ Build Thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > MG2000XJ Build Thread

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 01-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #61
justanotherjpr

Looking great. Have you locked your axles yet?

justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #62
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

nah no lockers, dont feel like I need them/really want them. I have a lot of fun with it w/o lockers, not going to be doing super hard stuff so I dont really need them right now
Utah Jeep Crew Member #119
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
mg2000xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2009, 11:55 PM   #63
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Well the t case is still broken and the tie rod is still bent, not worried though. The other day I found a marble sized hole in my head light so today I went out and bought some Silverstars. So much better than the old lights. No pics of them but they only took about 20 minutes to do, did it in between classes. Hopefully i will be getting a job shortly and start making some money... haha I think I have been saying that for a long time.
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
Unread 01-29-2009, 07:52 AM   #64
justanotherjpr

I've been thinking about getting a set of those, I may just have to. The stockers are so dim.
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #65
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Bump for a great build!!

Hope Ill see you around RC soon. Check out SIRA4x4.net its another club that covers our area.

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2009, 08:00 PM   #66
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thank you, I will definitely check out the site and try to catch up with you guys sometime at Rausch

I havent updated this thread in a while due to the lack of progress and moolah. I have been getting some plans together for this upcoming summer though.

A few things I want to do:
redo the roof, its peeling and flaking again
once I get my transfer case situation figured out I will most likely be going with a Novak Shifter
remove the axles and paint them along with the long arms and brackets
paint frame and other miscellaneous things
if money permits I would like to go with a different steering setup, most likely involving new knuckles and possible high steer
I also need to get my gears installed

Those are the plans so expect this thread to start back up in the next month and a half or so.

Cheers, MG
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
Unread 04-02-2009, 11:00 PM   #67
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

how's the 35s with 3:55s doing? I'll be 35s next week with 4:10s just getting your take on it.
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
broncofire75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2009, 12:46 AM   #68
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

They arent too bad, highway is good, around town sucks. Just gotta be mindfull of the 3.55's. Cant be driving lead-footed and you'll be fine.
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
Unread 04-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #69
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

So after reading my brother's build thread and him talking about u joints I went out and checked mine. I have been having a clunking from the rear when I let off the gas or acceleration so I figured it was a u joint. Checked it out and found my rearmost u joint in my RE driveshaft was completely toasted. 2 of the caps were wallowed out and all the needle bearings were gone. Went to autozone and got a replacement, completely quiet now and so much smoother.

Toasted joint:

Wallowed and rusted cap, notice the wear on the joint:

I guess thats what happens when you dont grease em:

Pretty new one:
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
Unread 04-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #70
TheEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg2000xj View Post
Pretty new one:
With those 35s and stock gears expect that ujoint to be dead soon as well. Too much stress on your driveline components. Also replace the next one with a spicer, you'll be happier in the long run. I just got done replacing my "new" autozone ujoints with spicers in both driveshafts.

Past Jeeps: 01 TJ, 97 TJ, 98 XJ, 2000 WJ
TheEddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #71
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEddie View Post
With those 35s and stock gears expect that ujoint to be dead soon as well. Too much stress on your driveline components. Also replace the next one with a spicer, you'll be happier in the long run. I just got done replacing my "new" autozone ujoints with spicers in both driveshafts.
Yea, I realize this, just gotta get it on the road. I have gears that will hopefully be installed this summer. Ill get the spicer next time for sure, just needed a quick fix.
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
Unread 04-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #72
TheEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg2000xj View Post
Yea, I realize this, just gotta get it on the road. I have gears that will hopefully be installed this summer. Ill get the spicer next time for sure, just needed a quick fix.
I hear ya. That's what I was thinking when i put 6 AZ joints in my driveshafts. Two wheeling trips and they were junk.

Past Jeeps: 01 TJ, 97 TJ, 98 XJ, 2000 WJ
TheEddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2009, 11:22 PM   #73
jakeWI
1996 XJ Cherokee 

that is a great looking xj

Jeep Buildhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...hwoods-958674/
jakeWI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #74
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Some up to date pics

Here are some pics from today, enjoy

Found these pics from earlier this year, 1 little Yota and a Land Rover, got a call that these kids were stuck, broke a C4x4 tow hook and bracket and snapped a chain and my strap trying to get them out. They ended up calling a towing service and he ended up breaking his truck in half. They were finally pulled out by a much larger truck.

Pretty sure both kids got tickets from the DNR and maybe trespassing tickets as well.
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
Unread 04-12-2009, 06:48 PM   #75
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Haha forgot about the rubicon stickers. Looking good, i'm repainting my rear bumper as we speak.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.