JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep Builds (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/)
-   -   Metal Mulisha WJ (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/metal-mulisha-wj-1382820/)

Maximus_Daximus 06-18-2012 07:03 PM

Metal Mulisha WJ

Well about three weeks ago we took on another under 10k project. Wanted luxury but able to perform offroad. So we stumbled apon a jeep grand cherokee. Its a 99 wj limited, v8, quadra, leather sunroof, with 1 owner, 80k miles, clean carfax. It came from canada. it was there for year then came down to florida. Got it for 5K. So the remaining budget is 5K. Started into the budget and got a lot of goodies, will post.pics soon.

Maximus_Daximus 06-19-2012 07:14 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well the wheels and tires came in, the tires were a nice craigslist find, 35-12.5-18 Dick Cepek mud countrys. The wheels are 18x9 procomp metal mulisha. Good deals on those as well. Total for those were $850.00.

Gave Nick at Kolak a call and ordered a lot from him.
Clayton 6" longarm kit
Blistins 6100 shocks
Wj shock adapters
Addeco Rear sway bar
Energy suspension bushings
Teraflex sway bar links
And all greaseable hardware.

Then I stubled apon a unique item on craigslist. Picked up a Trailblazer 8 lightbar. Used for less than 6 months and then was in.storage, even got the fabric cover for it.

Will post the pics of everything we have so far once I can get it to work.

Maximus_Daximus 06-19-2012 07:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Goodies

bigredhawkeye 06-19-2012 07:25 PM

Looks like this is going to be a pretty sweet build! Definitely will be watching this.

Maximus_Daximus 06-19-2012 07:52 PM

Thanks, have big plans, custom bumpers, grill, rocker guards, and.roof rack are in.the makes as well.

Maximus_Daximus 06-20-2012 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So cleaned the shop and had to load this up, gona.go sale them tomorrow, a little bit to add to our budget.

karlo 06-20-2012 09:15 PM

Those Metal Mulisha wheels look really cool. :droolie:

Maximus_Daximus 06-21-2012 06:30 PM

Okay sold the pallets, while they were unloading them I looked under the jeep to look what front drive shaft was there... But I have none... Guess the owner took it off... So now I need to find out what I need upfront.

Maximus_Daximus 06-28-2012 06:37 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well got the deal worked out on everything, I go tomorrow to fill out the contract for all the fab work, getting a grill, front bumper, rock sliders, and roof rack built. Borrow ideas that slightly look like these. Finished the roof rack design too. Grills gona be a surprise.

Maximus_Daximus 06-29-2012 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Went to the fab shop today. Seen a lot of cool equipment. We.played with ideas on the jeep, and got a final date. Everything should ne done by aug. 6th. I have to take the jeep there on Mondays and Thursdays. Not too bad I guess. I like the ideas we have. Then came home and brown santa came by and he left me a couple boxes. My rear swaybar and energy suspenions bushings. Love how brown boxes keep stacking up in my kichen.

Maximus_Daximus 07-03-2012 07:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Brown santa came by today and dropped off some gifts again, this time was the Jks adjustable trak bar and teraflex endlinks for the rear. They keep teasing by sending pcs at a time.

Tomorrow morning I take the wj to the.fab shop and.we start the tear down to start mocking the bumper, grill, roofrack and sliders.

Maximus_Daximus 07-04-2012 02:38 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well today since the tube bender hasnt come in yet, we tore the jeep down. No bumper, grill, roofrack, or stock rocker steps. Set the light bar ontop to get a feel for it. The nbars gona be mounted to the finished rack.

Maximus_Daximus 07-10-2012 07:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well brown santa showed up and brought my JKS quick.disconects. Talked to nick and turns out my Clayton kit is on hold. Theyre waiting on the front blistins to come off back order. Good news is the tube bender showed up, the dies will be here friday, and all the DOM will be in saturday, so we can atleast get something started...

Maximus_Daximus 07-15-2012 10:14 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Well got off work last night and went over.to.the.fab shop, the dom came in so we started on my roof rack. Its extreamly overkill but I like it. We made full length base

Attachment 433312

Since were make the cage around the light bar we had to mount that first. Used leftover bar stock, 1/8" thick. Then used rev-nuts to make mounts on the lightbar itself.

Attachment 433316

Attachment 433317

Once we mounted that, we got to play with the new tube bender. Only about 1/4 short, so cut a pc and welded it in.

Got the first one done then made some feet for it. Attached all that.and called it a night.

Maximus_Daximus 07-15-2012 10:26 AM

5 Attachment(s)
So far todays been pretty productive, got the cross braces cut and picked up a notcher.

Attachment 433321

Attachment 433323

Top loop is going much quicker, came out perfect this time. Got all the middle braces cut and tacked down, doing all the finishing welds now.

The time now is 11:36 AM.