McCloud's WJ "Build" Thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > McCloud's WJ "Build" Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 10-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #46
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Finally got around to making a new switch panel. Ultimately, the three switches across the top will turn the subwoofer amplifier, the radar detector, and the aux lights on and off. The three switches on the bottom will be tied into a multimeter. When I switch those on, I want to be able to see how much each of the is drawing; current and voltage.

This is one that I made last winter out of a piece of scrap wood:

Out with the old:

The old one was just "press-fitted." There was nothing physically holding it still except friction

Had to make some more room in the back, as I plan on running way more wires to the new panel:

Facing off the edges on the milling machine:

The "finished" product. It still needs to be sandblasted and deburred at this point. Note the little tabs on the top and bottom:

I marked where to cut recesses for the tabs:

Final test fit. Verdict? Well... It fits!

And a ****ty night time pic put back in the dash:

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #47
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Did some work on the switches. The panel still needs to be sandblasted and painted. Don't hate on the ****ty soldering. I did it while my roomate was napping by the light of my computer screen.

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
Unread 11-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #48
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Gave her a bath and prepped her to show her to a potential buyer tomorrow

Unread 11-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #49
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Worked on it a little bit in preparation for selling it this weekend. The first order of business was getting this whole fog light thing sorted out for the new switch panel.

Stripped all of the old wires out.

New leads going to the switches inside.

Everything is all tucked up and away from anything that might get hot

Through the grommet in the firewall:

Pulled through the grommet (I'm colorblind, so don't hate on the color of the wires. Even if they were all red and white or red and black, I couldn't tell)

All taped up and ready to be put into the plug. I'll finish these guys up tomorrow

I was also getting some rattling from the cutout hitting the crossmember. So... I pulled the middle section that goes from the headers to the tailpipe out.

Welded all of the joints and painted it with high-temp enamel. It's 40 degrees outside right now, so don't make fun of the ****ty welds.
Unread 11-09-2012, 05:21 AM   #50
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Got the drivers' seat reupholstered at Kings Custom Interiors in Roanoke, VA. The Jeep looked a little out of place in a huge warehouse full of '32 Fords and '68 Impalas. The guy let me come back and watch. He even let me do some of the stitching.

Unread 11-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #51
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Any pictures of the finished product?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #52
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Any pictures of the finished product?
This is the best I have right now. The batteries in my real camera were dead, so I'm waiting to do something better than the cell phone pics. More pictures of the final product to follow...

Unread 11-12-2012, 09:42 PM   #53
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

In addition to chasing down a couple of electrical gremlins, I finished the switch panel and the lights The headlights are Silvanias brightest 9006's. The fog lights have retrofitted 9004's. The spot lights are some halogen WallyWorld specials.

The switch panel:

The tint on the headlights and fog lights might reduce light output a little bit, but they're still hella bright.

Here's some pictures as proof:

I swear I'm going to take a picture of the new seat cover...
Unread 11-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #54
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Maybe I will see the Jeep around the Roanoke/Blacksburg area one day if the buyer is around here. Haha, okay man, looks like you have been really busy.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #55
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Teaser pic of what's to come...

Unread 11-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #56
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

The Fun Continues. The is the BUILD THREAD for the new Jeep.
Unread 11-30-2012, 08:16 AM   #57
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

My girlfriend saw the old WJ on her way to work this morning. She took a picture and sent it to me

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.