A Mass/Maine XJ - Page 4 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 52 Old 08-09-2012, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
VTEK1
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Here's the rear......it's shy one bolt under neath. I should have order the bumper with a receiver and been able to sell the hitch that's on it. And the biggest issue is Nates welded the two 4-bolt plates that attach at the back of the Jeep wrong. Have to cut it off bumper weld it in closer 1/4 of an inch to get it to fit properly. It wasn't an easy install but I like the bumper. Going to have to think about adding a receiver myself to it and I'll have to re-do nut strips since I think I cross threaded a bolt on the passenger side.

Attached Thumbnails
image-1265719501.jpg   image-54267690.jpg  

Only in a Jeep

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MΘΣΝΔ ΚΘΒΦΘΡ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 52 Old 08-17-2012, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
VTEK1
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Well I guess I should put the final product pics up but I wanted to wash and wax the XJ before I did that and the time/weather just haven't worked out. I think I'm done putting money into the Jeep......in 16 months I should have my RN license and I might start doing more things or I might go get a TJ. I love my XJ but would really like to take the top off and doors. Unfortunately, I broke another clockspring this weekend, I think I messed something up while installing bumper and taking steering gear box out and moving column. I'll get pics up here in a few hours. going to try and get some sleep. I am going to do the LED conversion for the cluster and the OHC, and the rest of the interior lights, most likely stick with the blue theme I have going. Thanks for all the kind words and "thumbs up" lots of hard work and hard earned cash have gone into my Jeep just like the rest of us.

Only in a Jeep

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MΘΣΝΔ ΚΘΒΦΘΡ
post #48 of 52 Old 08-19-2012, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
VTEK1
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Heres some pics, sorry for how big they are, iPhone takes some big pics.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0157.jpg   IMG_0158.jpg   IMG_0159.jpg   IMG_0163.jpg   IMG_0161.jpg  

IMG_0164.jpg   IMG_0165.jpg  

Only in a Jeep

MΘΣΝΔ ΚΘΒΦΘΡ
post #49 of 52 Old 07-27-2013, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
VTEK1
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Since I put the bumpers on, I finally got around to the LED conversion. all interior lights, the marker lights, even installed one of those tailgate light bars under the rear hatch following a write-up (i forget who's, sorry). Also dropped the money on a set of Truck-Lite LED headlights. Found a guy down in RI who somehow get them wholesale so I saved $80 which still was a lot of money. I changed the fuel injectors to Neon injectors, put a 136 amp alternator in from a 99 Dakota 2.5L. Ordered this cool knucklebone rear tire carrier from Detour's. Should be here at the beginning of August. I think this might be it for "Sheila" (my jeeps name). at 178,000 miles I don't really want to put anymore money into it.

I need to replace the LCA axle mounts so one of these weekends when I get back up to maine that will be my last project. Might do a Ford 8 or 9 inch swap but not sure yet.

Only in a Jeep

MΘΣΝΔ ΚΘΒΦΘΡ
post #50 of 52 Old 03-23-2014, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
VTEK1
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have recently added the tire carrier, new rear lift, SYE, and did some general maintenance. At about 191,000. New Rough Country rear driveshaft. Everything fits great and no more vibes while driving on the highway.
Attached Images

Only in a Jeep

MΘΣΝΔ ΚΘΒΦΘΡ
post #51 of 52 Old 03-24-2014, 08:23 AM
96CherokeeXX

First of all great looking jeep man, I was wondering what kind of fender flares you got on it ?
post #52 of 52 Old 03-24-2014, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
VTEK1
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks man! These are the flat bushwhacker flares.

Only in a Jeep

MΘΣΝΔ ΚΘΒΦΘΡ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.