Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 97 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #1441
84_Fiero

1966 FSJ Wagoneer 

Dr. Marneaus,
Just had to say I spent the last few days catching up on your thread and that your Wagoneer is looking awesome! Especially with the white rims, can’t wait to see it with the front axle swapped out too. Thanks in part to you I’ll be looking at a ’66 Wagoneer for myself tomorrow morning, hopefully there will be another build thread for a Wagoneer of my own here soon! But I digress… The thing that really says a lot about your Jeep and yourself as well is the quality of work that you are putting into what you are doing here. Keep it up!
Nick

84_Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #1442
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84_Fiero View Post
Dr. Marneaus,
Just had to say I spent the last few days catching up on your thread and that your Wagoneer is looking awesome! Especially with the white rims, can’t wait to see it with the front axle swapped out too. Thanks in part to you I’ll be looking at a ’66 Wagoneer for myself tomorrow morning, hopefully there will be another build thread for a Wagoneer of my own here soon! But I digress… The thing that really says a lot about your Jeep and yourself as well is the quality of work that you are putting into what you are doing here. Keep it up!
Nick
Thank you, sir.

Good luck on the 66, it'd be sweet to have one that old!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 01:03 AM   #1443
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

So how did the road test go?!
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #1444
84_Fiero

1966 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Thank you, sir.

Good luck on the 66, it'd be sweet to have one that old!
Got the '66!! I'll be starting my own build thread now...
Unread 03-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #1445
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewe02
So how did the road test go?!
Seeems mostly fine.

After getting my shocks on, and my exhaust moved I got I the highway and wound her up to 70. I started getting some vibes when I was on the gas, nothing crazy but it was there. I also heard a crazy noise as I was getting off the highway.

Well turns out my exhaust shifted again and was touching the drive shaft haha. It was ringing like a bell when the shaft was spinning up against the muffler.

On my way home I yanked he exhaust over a little by hand. And it was fine so I hopped on the highway and got up to speed again. Very minor vibes, seems alot less than before so it likely had alot to do with rubbing in the muffler. Ill get the exhaust fixed 100% tomorrow and report back again.

So, even if it vibes like it did this afternoon it was so minor at 65-70 that I'm not really worried about it. Ill rock it. It was minor to the point tha I doubt my girl or anybody would have noticed it, but obviously I do.

We made these neat little shock mounts:

image-4126635198.jpg

Actually used part of the original ones to line it up and space it:

image-2566241216.jpg

Mounted:

image-1130785642.jpg

But here's the problem. My buddy gave me a set of shocks that were about 1.5" shorter than my shocks because we were concerned. Even sit the SHORTER shocks, this is what I'm working with:

image-509780943.jpg

I only have about 1.5" travel haha. I need to pick up some shorter shocks

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 03-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #1446
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Glad to hear it worked out. Those axle shock mounts look kinda dinky. Build some beefier ones and lower them by about 1/2" or something. Obviously that won't solve the issue but I thought it was worth mentioning.
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #1447
84_Fiero

1966 FSJ Wagoneer 

Looks to me like they'll get the job done, I assume the angle got welded to the original mount, and the axle tube?
Unread 03-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #1448
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewe02 View Post
Glad to hear it worked out. Those axle shock mounts look kinda dinky. Build some beefier ones and lower them by about 1/2" or something. Obviously that won't solve the issue but I thought it was worth mentioning.
hardly dinky dude, did you see what the original ones looked like?

This was some beefy arse angle iron, about 3" per side.

Quote:

Unread 03-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #1449
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84_Fiero View Post
Looks to me like they'll get the job done, I assume the angle got welded to the original mount, and the axle tube?
Yup, you can see we hacked the original mounts off and used them as a base to mount the new ones.

They actually turned out crooked, haha, one is a little higher than the other one, we didnt exactly "measure" haha.

Wont matter once i get the shorter shocks.

I'll be ordering a set of 12" collapsed skyjacker hydros. That should work.

Quote:

Unread 03-22-2013, 05:19 AM   #1450
84_Fiero

1966 FSJ Wagoneer 

Measuring is overrated anyways... (Don't tell any of my engineering professors I said that...) How mush shorter are the shocks you're getting from what is on there now?

"Anything that is complex is not useful and anything that is useful is simple. This has been my whole life's motto." –Mikhail Kalashnikov

“And note that it behooves a good Workman to hammer his Work as true as he can; for one quarter of an hour spent at the forge, may save him an hours work at the vice.” Josheph Moxon “Mechanick Exercises” from the year 1703

Nick’s 1966 Wagoneer Build
Unread 03-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #1451
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

amassing parts...

got new u joints, ball joint kits, spindle bearings, etc.

shined up the dog dishes too and stuck em on the truck.

Quote:

Unread 03-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #1452
84_Fiero

1966 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
shined up the dog dishes too and stuck em on the truck.
It might be just me, but they don't look like they're on the truck...

"Anything that is complex is not useful and anything that is useful is simple. This has been my whole life's motto." –Mikhail Kalashnikov

“And note that it behooves a good Workman to hammer his Work as true as he can; for one quarter of an hour spent at the forge, may save him an hours work at the vice.” Josheph Moxon “Mechanick Exercises” from the year 1703

Nick’s 1966 Wagoneer Build
Unread 03-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #1453
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84_Fiero

It might be just me, but they don't look like they're on the truck...
Happy? Haha

image-3662380084.jpg

Also installed my copilot

image-3219965983.jpg

Quote:

Unread 03-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #1454
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Also installed my copilot

Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #1455
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol View Post

Hey, the pip boy rode on the dashboard of the magnum for 3 years! Now he has taken up residence in the waggy (3 years after i bought it).

Quote:

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.