Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 89 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Steinjäger photo contest!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 08-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #1321
408Chevelle

Easily my favorite Jeep on this site! Coming from the vintage muscle car scene and being new to Jeeps, the simplicity of this Wagoneer is its biggest attraction to me. If they had better gas mileage I'd ditch my XJ in a second!

Not to hijack your thread, but what are the specs on the red XJ in the pics of your wheeling trips? Is he a member on here? That size looks about where I want to be.

408Chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #1322
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408Chevelle
Easily my favorite Jeep on this site! Coming from the vintage muscle car scene and being new to Jeeps, the simplicity of this Wagoneer is its biggest attraction to me. If they had better gas mileage I'd ditch my XJ in a second!

Not to hijack your thread, but what are the specs on the red XJ in the pics of your wheeling trips? Is he a member on here? That size looks about where I want to be.
He was a member but sold it, or it was for sale on CL last i heard (not sure if its sold) Long arm, 35's locked, etc etc. it was pretty dern built.

And thanks for the compliments!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #1323
408Chevelle

One more question for you. I see you have the same problem I do, guns taking Jeep money or vice versa. Have you rigged up a gun rack yet? Your M1A has me considering putting my lift on the back burner a little while longer!
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #1324
SparkyPowers
1979 FSJ Wagoneer 

Hey Doc,

I need a landscape architect, not landscaper, are you open for business. I live here in Vegas and as you know, most new homes here don't come with landscaping so I need some help.

I dig your Waggy. It's always good to see vintage iron still flexing it's muscle.

Thanks,
Steve
SparkyPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #1325
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Update!

Well, I came to find out that Mr. SparkyPowers who posted above this had a tent trailer for sale. A vintage tent trailer....Well, we came to a deal that afternoon and I just towed it off today!

1980 Jayco

From when I went to look at it:

From today. Roobicon helped me tow it over to my company storage yard since my truck is still tucked up in storage.

I'll be starting a build thread for the trailer. plans right now are just to clean it up, but eventually I'll get a solid axle and 5 lugs, along with soem other mods im sure. However, at this point in time, its literally 100% ready to go, needs nothing.

Thanks again for the good deal, Steve!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-31-2012, 07:11 AM   #1326
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I love older Jaycos popups We use to have a mid-late 90s jayco. So simple to operate and maintain. Does it have electric crank or just a handcrank?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #1327
408Chevelle

Replace the blue stripes with the leftover woodgrain!
Unread 08-31-2012, 11:45 AM   #1328
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
I love older Jaycos popups We use to have a mid-late 90s jayco. So simple to operate and maintain. Does it have electric crank or just a handcrank?
None of that electric mumbojumbo! This baby is hand powered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408Chevelle View Post
Replace the blue stripes with the leftover woodgrain!
It'll be getting a gloss tan paintjob, as close to the color of the wagoneer as I can get, and then it'll get wood grain. Dont worry, I have plenty left over

Quote:

Unread 08-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #1329
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

So, with That, I present to you, in all its glory

Marn's 1980 Jayco Jayfinch6 Pop-up Build Thread

Quote:

Unread 08-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #1330
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Man, my neighbor just picked up one of those. He got it for $450 because the crank mechanism is in need of repair. I was so jealous when I found out...

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #1331
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

My wife bought a '77' Coleman poup this summer because she was tired of waiting for the waggy to be ready to pull the hardside. Yours looks to be in a little better shape, although hers is in pretty good shape too. We have been using it all summer. It sits up on the mountain waiting for us, along with the two 4-wheelers on their trailor, as we speak. I have spent many a camping trip in my life in a pop-up camper of some kind or another. They are simple to operate and simple to fix. They will skin your knuckles now and then, but seldom let you down. I'll check out your new thread.
What's this gossip the Ape is spreading about you ?
73pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #1332
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just flew into South Dakota today. In less than an hour I've already spotted 5 Waggies, 2 J trucks, and an old Willys wagon....

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #1333
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73pumpkin View Post
They will skin your knuckles now and then,
Yeah, it already drew blood.

Quote:

Unread 09-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #1334
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

Unread 09-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #1335
That1guy
2007 WK 

I think u need a little bit of a drop hitch.

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.