Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 88 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 08-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #1306
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

you fancy rubicons with your lockers!

I was definitely slipping and sliding and digging in, had to get a little heavy on the skinny pedal to maintain forward momentum, and being fairly deep into the throttle is what kept me running since it was flooding.

I've got an order in for spring loaded needles (to help with the bumps), I'll lower my floats (to help with the sloshing fuel), and I'll be installing a section of rubber fuel line in the vent at the reat of my carb, which will decrease the ability of the fuel to pass from one bowl to the other through the vent area, which will help the off camber issues.

Thats as close to a truck avenger as i'll get without dropping $400 haha.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #1307
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I envy your truck so much. I love older trucks a whole lot more than new trucks. Id even trade ya my TJ for ur waggy+cash.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #1308
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The Holley TA is nice, but I have had some sudden shifts in inclination and such cause my Cherokee to stall out. Not that you drive like I do, but... It can happen.

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #1309
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

i may have a line on most of a holley pro-jection kit. we'll see.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #1310
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Lookie what I got!

Quote:

Unread 08-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #1311
Srfr4God

Dr, been out in vegas for about a month now, first time really cruising around this site, have a 73 waggy myself. Is there a way to get involved in those trips? Thanks n loved the picks.
Srfr4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #1312
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srfr4God
Dr, been out in vegas for about a month now, first time really cruising around this site, have a 73 waggy myself. Is there a way to get involved in those trips? Thanks n loved the picks.
Hey welcome! Cruise on over to the nevada section of the forum I have two threads in there. One is for chit chat one is for wheeling trips. Go on over and post an introduction! Post some pics of your ride too!

Quote:

Unread 08-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #1313
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

A preview of things to come:

all the well nuts look like they're usable, so all i need to do is get some machine screws to mount it.

I'm going to start removing the old, hard baked on wood grain this afternoon. Hopefully the stuff I have on order actually exists, and will be shipped. Otherwise, I may just paint the wood area the same color as the body (the faded wood grain actually looks kind of close in the picture).

Quote:

Unread 08-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #1314
Paragonchris
2007 JK Wrangler 

LOVE wagoneers!! Great looking truck
Paragonchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #1315
Hashbrown
Blissfully Unaware

1980 CJ7 

Hey Marn This waggy belongs to the same friend that owns the black jeep truck. I thought you might get a kick out of seeing his wagoneer "Tank." It's used at Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch as a rescue vehicle.
0327121914.jpg  
Unread 08-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #1316
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashbrown View Post
Hey Marn This waggy belongs to the same friend that owns the black jeep truck. I thought you might get a kick out of seeing his wagoneer "Tank." It's used at Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch as a rescue vehicle.
that right there is pretty damn awesome...even though there aint a whole lot of wagoneer left haha.

Quote:

Unread 08-15-2012, 11:54 PM   #1317
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

K, backstory..sorry its a little long.

I had purchased JC whitney wood grain in something like a 12"x8' roll to redo my side strips on my 73' the other year. It's held up well so far. I recently purchased a rear wing from a member, and needed to add wood grain to match.

The product was made by Spartan Decal, and is a walnut wood grain, heavy vinyl. Worked well on the outside application i had already used it for, and is still holding strong and looks like new! Not bad for like $35

I tried JC whitney and they only had a 24"x20' roll listed. Thats enough to do 2 grand wagoneers! and it was $80 plus shipping! Screw that.

I found another site that had it listed for $60 bucks more or less, plus shipping....the description said it was 24"x20'.....but the specifications part of the webpage told me it was 24"x8' which made more sense. An online chat with a service rep (if you could call him that) told me it was indeed 24"x8'....and it was out of stock so they could not price match another website I found...

Enter site number 3. They had the product listed for $42, which is about what i paid for my small roll from JC whitney. It had the same listing discrepancy as the previous website. I just ordered it anyway since they were the last place on the internet to have this product. I assumed because of the price it was maybe 24"x8', enough to redo my side strips if I want to a few years down the road, do my spoiler, ad do most of my interior too if so inclined.

Well, i placed the order and waited (not the most reputable site).

It arrived today and I instantly though "this is a little heavy"

I opened the package and though "this is a little thick"

Rolled out my supposed 24"x8' roll and this is what i saw:

Lolz....

that aint no 8' I ever seen! Woo!

I've got enough do do the side strips and interior and wing like 4 or 6 times over! Heck, I could even do a grand wag or two!

Not to bad for $63 shipped!

And here's a close up of the actual product, I'm aware its by no means OEM, but it seems like a good quality. the vinyl is pretty dang thick, and it actually has a wood grain texture to it, its not just smooth like it was printed. Hard to see in the pics tho.

Sorry, just thought I'd share, I'm all psyched. I was worried about not being able to get it anymore i9n the future because the supply seems to have dried up, I couldn't find it anywhere on the web!

Quote:

Unread 08-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #1318
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Who cares about the before pictures, lets see it installed!
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #1319
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Never knew wood grain came in a roll. Also never knew there was a place to get more of it to replace the factory faded stuff you see more than often on FSJs. Hope the instal goes as well as your normal quality of work, WHICH is immaculet by the way. Also just wanted to say good call on the Deep Purple quote in your sig. Just so happens to be just one year older than your Jeep by the way 72 vs 73... So good chance that song was playing when the first owner drove it off the lot.

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #1320
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewe02 View Post
Who cares about the before pictures, lets see it installed!
I'm off to oregon for a week, so, maybe a weekend or two from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuzeppelin View Post
Never knew wood grain came in a roll. Also never knew there was a place to get more of it to replace the factory faded stuff you see more than often on FSJs. Hope the instal goes as well as your normal quality of work, WHICH is immaculet by the way. Also just wanted to say good call on the Deep Purple quote in your sig. Just so happens to be just one year older than your Jeep by the way 72 vs 73... So good chance that song was playing when the first owner drove it off the lot.
thats not even OEM wood grain, which is literally impossible to find. I know of 2 people that actually have a stash of factory woodgrain, and they will not part with it for any price. Mine is just cheap stuff. Not even 3M.

And thanks for the compliment. I promise the install will be clean.

Quote:

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.