Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 71 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 02-01-2012, 07:48 AM   #1051
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I bet when you get things sorted out, you'll be pleasantly surprized on your braking and quite worrying about discs and axles.

73pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #1052
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

that would be nice, huh?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #1053
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I cant wait to own an older vehicle once I sell my TJ and buy my lady a decent 90s 4dr honda for the grocery getter and buy my late 70s model RamCharger for my DD to work, only 5 miles so It wont be bad on gas.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #1054
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
I cant wait to own an older vehicle once I sell my TJ and buy my lady a decent 90s 4dr honda for the grocery getter and buy my late 70s model RamCharger for my DD to work, only 5 miles so It wont be bad on gas.
I hope you realize the difference in the ride quality between the TJ and Ramcharger will be HUGE. Believe me, I have a TJ, and a Cherokee. Both put a smile on my face, but man is the ride different...

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #1055
contdevelop
2003 TJ Wrangler 

By the time you get done, you will have a brand new 73 Wagoneer! Awesome thread!
contdevelop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #1056
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

WOOOOO!!!!

New wheel cylinders, new hardware, new brake fluid new master cylinder new shoes....but wait, whats that there???

Napa sold me a self adjuster cable THATS WAY TOO ******* SHORT.

The par number is correct, but the description of the part online says the cable is supposed to be 11-11/16"....this one is only like 10" WTF!

Thats the only thing keeping me from having the rear buttoned up. Other than that, its all done back there, and i'll do the fronts tomorrow. God thats frustrating.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #1057
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I know robert. I loved driving my 89' Ramcharger though. Keep going on the FSJ Dr. Now just crank out that 2'' body lift to stuff some 35 km2s since they run small.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #1058
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

My! that is pretty under the hood. Can't wait to see if the stopping is much better. They still won't be discs, but people stopped on drums for many a decade. It just takes some adjustments to driving style. Try not to drive through puddles when you might have to stop in the near future. pump them a little to dry when you can't avoid the water.
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #1059
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73pumpkin
My! that is pretty under the hood. Can't wait to see if the stopping is much better. They still won't be discs, but people stopped on drums for many a decade. It just takes some adjustments to driving style. Try not to drive through puddles when you might have to stop in the near future. pump them a little to dry when you can't avoid the water.
Generally there ain't a whole lot of water in Vegas!

Quote:

Unread 02-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #1060
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well then your problems will all be solved.
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #1061
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

the world may never know, i got one front wheel finished up, and then was going to do the second one, but then drama ensued and somebody blew up at me because they changed their plans 2 or 3 times for the night and i was already into my plans (which i made based on their flip flopping), guilted me into believeing the fact that i guilted them into coming home and cooking me dinner, so now the next wheel will wait.

Sigh. Cant live with em, cant shoot em.

Quote:

Unread 02-03-2012, 02:19 AM   #1062
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Sigh. Cant live with em, don't get caught shooting em.
Fixed.
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #1063
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

You need the Chilton Manual from the restricted list entitled Old Jeeps and Young Women. It also can be found on Amazon next to Secretive Gun Buying While Married. That Jeep's been around 40 years. Sounds like that girl's hung around for a couple of years with it in her garage, so you'll have to invest some time in her. It might even be fun.
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #1064
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73pumpkin View Post
You need the Chilton Manual from the restricted list entitled Old Jeeps and Young Women. It also can be found on Amazon next to Secretive Gun Buying While Married. That Jeep's been around 40 years. Sounds like that girl's hung around for a couple of years with it in her garage, so you'll have to invest some time in her. It might even be fun.
that post is just pretty much pure awesome.

Quote:

Unread 02-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #1065
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Thank you. I must confess that I fiddle around with some creative writing as a hobby. This is why the BS that I inflict upon other people's blogs sometimes has a little more exotic smell about it. I,ve had a few little things published by some small press desperate to fill up space for an issue. Hpoefully domestic harmony has been restored in your world so that you can get back to work on the Jeep and fix all of those things - with pictures - which I will need to get to in the Spring on my back yard ornament.

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.