Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 07-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #91
-Shoey-
2003 KJ Liberty 

At least you know throughout this whole process that your skills as a mechanic will increase like hell.

Awesome Jeep man.

USN Jeep Club #115
-Shoey- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #92
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
If you ever find yourself a couple hours down the I-15 let me know, and depending where you're at we can work something out.
Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbo-Slice View Post
Go to Barnes and Noble and buy a book on the carburetor thats in the Jeep. I did that for the Quadrajet on my truck.
I'm already on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Shoey- View Post
At least you know throughout this whole process that your skills as a mechanic will increase like hell.
Thats what everyone is telling me, haha. I'll be a pro before I know it.

Still waiting on the shop to get their smog machine fixed. My jeep is so bad *** that it choked out the machine when they tried to test the emissions!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2010, 08:36 PM   #93
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Still no jeep.

Guy finally found a working smog machine, he said it was alot closer but still no pass. 2 problems. Jets are WAY huge for that motor, so its still running rich, and its heat soaking a ton, because its so damn hot out (116) it just heats up and stays hot.

He's ordering new jets, and is gonna put a spacer in to insulate the carb a bit so the gas doesn't boil in it...He's also hooking me up on labor because he felt bad it's taken so long. I guess I can go the weekend without the beast.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-16-2010, 09:13 PM   #94
AlTheKillerr

that sucks its taking so much for it to pass. theres a waggy for sale here locally on 1 tons 37s with a mildly built up 360. id be all over it since they are only asking 2800 but the body is pretty beat.

yours looks like one hell of a machine though. cant wait to see more of it
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2010, 09:40 PM   #95
MA88XJDude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Sweet waggy. My buddy is building one with a 360 in it. He is planning on around 7" inches of lift or something like that. Enough to flex 33's.

Keep it old school.
Build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/s...build-1066682/
MASSKRAWLERS.COM
MA88XJDude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2010, 12:09 AM   #96
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlTheKillerr View Post
that sucks its taking so much for it to pass. theres a waggy for sale here locally on 1 tons 37s with a mildly built up 360. id be all over it since they are only asking 2800 but the body is pretty beat.

yours looks like one hell of a machine though. cant wait to see more of it
Yeah, its all good though. First time I called the shop I told them I figure this carb had never been properly calibrated to the motor. No big deal. In all reality all it needs to pass are the correct jets and a tune up. Something that should have been done when the carb was installed, haha.

I'll have it back in business before too long. Prolly get better fuel economy too! Can't complain about that.

I wanted it back for the weekend, but it really doesnt matter, seeing as we have an "excessive heat warning" in effect this weekend. Supposed to be like 112+ all weekend, so I wouldn't be driving it much anyway!

Unread 07-25-2010, 05:46 PM   #97
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well,

I picked it up from the shop it sat at for 2 weeks because they didn't do a damn thing to it. I paid for an oil change and thats it.

Brought it home, drained the t-case and filled it back up...that's about all I've got to report this weekend. Still making noise and still not smogged.

Unread 07-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #98
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Emissions suck.. move
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2010, 11:10 AM   #99
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo Deere View Post
Emissions suck.. move
Other states suck. I'll stay.

Unread 07-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #100
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Other states suck. I'll stay.
I think if you lived in California you wouldn't have to worry about emissions. IIRC Your Jeep is old enough it doesn't have to have a smog test.
Unread 07-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #101
USAFRecon

Awesome Marn. Next on my list for my Jeep collection is a FSJ but I think I'ma swing towards Cherokee Chief
USAFRecon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #102
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

So, turns out the noise I've been hearing is most likely a bad flexplate. Gotta get that figured out ASAP.

Unread 07-28-2010, 07:45 PM   #103
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So, turns out the noise I've been hearing is most likely a bad flexplate. Gotta get that figured out ASAP.
Want me to walk you through the process? It's not something that's very hard, it just takes some time. Regardless of who does it, it takes time. You don't need any special tools either. Most any basic tool kit would have what you need.
Unread 07-29-2010, 01:19 PM   #104
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
Want me to walk you through the process? It's not something that's very hard, it just takes some time. Regardless of who does it, it takes time. You don't need any special tools either. Most any basic tool kit would have what you need.
This is what I hear. My biggest issue is I have nowhere to work on it. My roommates (landlords) use the garage for a 86 accord, and a pool table that has never been used. Only time I ever have access to the garage is when they arent there, and I have to get my work done in 1 day so they can have it back. Heaven forbid I get it stuck in there with the tranny unbolted for a day or 3...

I have the tools and the ability, just not the location. Oh well...I'll make sure the girlfriend buys a house with a fat garage!

Unread 07-29-2010, 10:19 PM   #105
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
This is what I hear. My biggest issue is I have nowhere to work on it. My roommates (landlords) use the garage for a 86 accord, and a pool table that has never been used. Only time I ever have access to the garage is when they arent there, and I have to get my work done in 1 day so they can have it back. Heaven forbid I get it stuck in there with the tranny unbolted for a day or 3...

I have the tools and the ability, just not the location. Oh well...I'll make sure the girlfriend buys a house with a fat garage!
If my Jeep wasn't stuck in our shop, I would say drive it down here and we would try and knock it out in a day. We have the tools needed and then some.

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.