Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 66 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 01-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #976
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Trust me, it'll be a vast improvement.

Maybe not so much on modern rigs where everything is wired correctly, but even now I'm still used to driving with my horrible old wiring system (the headlight switch would get burning hot, i could smell it if the lights were on for more than 15 minutes).

I wired in some relays to take the load off the switch and get the power alot closer to the headlights and that alone made a big difference. I'm sure adding the H4's will be wayyyyy better than the original 7" sealed beams before i did the relays.

Also, the cost was hardly anything. I paid 40 bucks shipped for the bulbs and housings. it's all plug and play seeing as i did the relays.
Lemme know how that turns out. I may do the same thing when I finally get around to putting round headlights in my rig...

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #977
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Nope, i'm not gonna tell you.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #978
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm going with a 1" Body lift.
Well good luck to ya but more lift=better and us dodge people with ramchargers put 2'' body lift on and its not that big of a deal. Look into Borgeson steering shafts they might make a kit for your FSJ. Plus you could probably fit some 35'' KM2s since they run small.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #979
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Well good luck to ya but more lift=better and us dodge people with ramchargers put 2'' body lift on and its not that big of a deal. Look into Borgeson steering shafts they might make a kit for your FSJ. Plus you could probably fit some 35'' KM2s since they run small.
Not in my world. I dont want more lift, i just want my tires to fit.

I also dont want to install something new or modify my steering, i'd rather rub.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 01-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #980
LilSteve97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I like this build a lot. My dad had 2 wagoneers while i was growing up, i'd love to get another and slowly restore it like you've done.
LilSteve97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2012, 03:21 AM   #981
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nope, i'm not gonna tell you.
You leave me no alternative, but to send my attack cat after you... If he doesn't purr you to death, then he will claw your stomach to ribbons as you try to pet him!

[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
Unread 01-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #982
treyladut

waggy

i have a 77 waggy that i am thinking about buying a 91 or 92 grand waggy for body parts.do yall know if body parts interchange like the doors and fenders thanks
treyladut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #983
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyladut View Post
i have a 77 waggy that i am thinking about buying a 91 or 92 grand waggy for body parts.do yall know if body parts interchange like the doors and fenders thanks
They should fit but i think the latches and whatnot will not match and will have to be interchanged on the doors.

other body panels should fit just fine.

Unread 01-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #984
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
There are a few threads about that topic over on IFSJA.org

The front floor pan is slightly different. The latches on the doors and tailgate are different. The wiring, trans, tcase, axles are all different. the front valence is somewhat different. the taillights are different, so the rear is slightly different for the mounting. The side markers are different, but that shouldn't affect the body. Pretty much everything will swap with some modification, though.

Unread 01-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #985
treyladut

Waggy

I really just need the doors off of it.I would have to make custom hinges to fit it?I have one door on my waggy rusted on the back drivers side.and he is selling it for just parts.this is my first time with a waggy I had a yj and tj before.would it be a pain in the butt to swap doors.
Unread 01-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #986
treyladut

I sorry for being a pain with the ? About the waggy.my wife is not to happy with me going to bring another one home.
Unread 01-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #987
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

No worries about asking questions, i'm glad to help where i can but im not sure about fitting the parts and the hinges. go join up over on IFSJA.org. they have a lot more technical info over there. I stick around here for the crowd and i keep my build thread on this website vs. ifsja.

Unread 01-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #988
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I really just need the doors off of it.I would have to make custom hinges to fit it?I have one door on my waggy rusted on the back drivers side.and he is selling it for just parts.this is my first time with a waggy I had a yj and tj before.would it be a pain in the butt to swap doors.
I am not 100% certain on this, but I believe the hinges will work. It's the latches that may well be different. I know Jeep changed the latch design once or twice, but I cannot tell you what years.

Unread 01-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #989
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Got a line on another set of reverse lenses (so they match) and also got 2 matching window cranks to install. One of mine the knob is no longer chrome and another one has no knob.

Also apparently the correct gas cap connector for my new filler neck is being forwarded on to me so thats cool! I shouldnt have to use the plumbers special.

Waiting on a shipping quote as well for a 78 gas tank skid.

Robert, do you have a gas tank skid?

Unread 01-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #990
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Robert, do you have a gas tank skid?
I only have the factory one. You can see it in the many pics on my picasa page. I keep saying (to myself) I'm gonna move my tank up, and fab up a nice heavy duty skid, but that may never happen.

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.