Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 64 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 01-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #946
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Doing a killer job marn.

Sorry, I didnt really read much, but any plans to put something down on the int. floor? Monster liner?

RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #947
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Yeah. Going to roll on some Al's Liner

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #948
That1guy
2007 WK 

I've seen pictures of the Duplicolor bed armor on here and it looks pretty nice. You can get it at part stores in cans or rattle cans.

They also got this trunk paint. http://www.duplicolor.com/products/trunkSpatter/

Only down fall its not tan
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #949
iansavesday
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Things gnarly
iansavesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #950
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by That1guy

Only down fall its not tan
Then its no good for me.

I ordered a gallon of al's liner that I will roll in (not spray). It'll be ready for pickup at 4wheel parts tomorrow. Tonight my goal is to find a material to make the rear interior panels.

Thinking either Masonite or some type of ABS sheet maybe 1/8" thick.

ABS would be preferable because it would be easier to cut and not require a jigsaw.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 01-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #951
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Then its no good for me.

I ordered a gallon of al's liner that I will roll in (not spray). It'll be ready for pickup at 4wheel parts tomorrow. Tonight my goal is to find a material to make the rear interior panels.

Thinking either Masonite or some type of ABS sheet maybe 1/8" thick.

ABS would be preferable because it would be easier to cut and not require a jigsaw.
men in black on IFSJA.org sells some really nice 1/8" interior panels. He does ABS, masonite or diamond plate I believe.

He quoted me $60 for both front doors, and $60 for rear panels in ABS with $20 shipping. I seem to think his are CNC machined.

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #952
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_hollis View Post
men in black on IFSJA.org sells some really nice 1/8" interior panels. He does ABS, masonite or diamond plate I believe.

He quoted me $60 for both front doors, and $60 for rear panels in ABS with $20 shipping. I seem to think his are CNC machined.
Saw that, but i need something in my hands by the weekend, i dont feel like waiting around and paying shipping.

Also, not worried about them looking nice on the outside because they're just gonna get bed linered!

Quote:

Unread 01-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #953
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Fair enough.

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #954
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

then again...this could be a good opportunity for me to pick up a nibbler or some air shears.

Quote:

Unread 01-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #955
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Marn, if you decide to go with masonite or plywood I would advise you use plywood. The points around the edge that hold the part in will hold up a bit better in plywood than it will in masonite. If you can get a nibbler and a couple of sheets of sheet metal to cut it out of you will be so far ahead it will amaze you, specially if you are going to cover them with bedliner.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
Grape Ape is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #956
treyladut

Waggy

What lift you have on the waggy and what size tires? I have a 77 which is a basket case right now but going to restore.
treyladut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #957
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

You might go to a heating and air conditioning contractor and ask for one of two things. First, they often have scrap leftover sheet metal you can get real cheap or free. I have saved the acess doors off of roof top units and old furnaces because they are nice heavy guage metal and it is often got a nice baked on enamel coating. these same HVAC outfits may be able to get you some of those. i am going to do my floors with some of this metal. as for the nibblers, real sheetmetal workers don't use air niblers. Eat your Wheaties and buy some new sharp aviation snips. Maybe for a six pack of PBR, a tinner will cut your metal for you with his snips. His coworkers will make fun of you though.
73pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #958
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

2'' body lift time cough cough... I would go with Monstaliner. How are you going to color ALs liner? You should post some of your Landscape Architect designs too, I would love to see them. I majored in Horticulture.
MountainMan864 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #959
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
Marn, if you decide to go with masonite or plywood I would advise you use plywood. The points around the edge that hold the part in will hold up a bit better in plywood than it will in masonite. If you can get a nibbler and a couple of sheets of sheet metal to cut it out of you will be so far ahead it will amaze you, specially if you are going to cover them with bedliner.
I ended up getting a sheet of 1/4" plywood, I kind of thought the same thing about the masonite, how it kind of flakes and tears eventually. I looked at diamond plate and some sheet metal, but figured a few things.

1. I'm trying to stay on a budget. I dont want to do things "wrong" but I dont want to go the most expensive route either.

2. If the cardboard/vinyl panels lasted 40 years, im sure my plywood/bed liner ones will last at least 5 or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyladut View Post
What lift you have on the waggy and what size tires? I have a 77 which is a basket case right now but going to restore.
BJ's 4" spring lift, 33x10.50's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73pumpkin View Post
You might go to a heating and air conditioning contractor and ask for one of two things. First, they often have scrap leftover sheet metal you can get real cheap or free. I have saved the acess doors off of roof top units and old furnaces because they are nice heavy guage metal and it is often got a nice baked on enamel coating. these same HVAC outfits may be able to get you some of those. i am going to do my floors with some of this metal. as for the nibblers, real sheetmetal workers don't use air niblers. Eat your Wheaties and buy some new sharp aviation snips. Maybe for a six pack of PBR, a tinner will cut your metal for you with his snips. His coworkers will make fun of you though.
Hahaha, not a bad idea. I'd just pick up a set of air shears at the ole Harbor freight if need be.

I ended up just getting a roto-zip type bit for my dremel which made short work of the plywood as you will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
2'' body lift time cough cough... I would go with Monstaliner. How are you going to color ALs liner? You should post some of your Landscape Architect designs too, I would love to see them. I majored in Horticulture.
1. I realized something awesome. My body bolts are not within the tub. They have access caps that remove that were under the rubber bed mat, and are under the carpet. I can EASILY install a 1-2" bl now, but i think its gonna wait untill the truck is finished and running well on the gas tank and brake systems.

2. I'm going to color it with the tan color it comes with

3. Ive posted some in the show your artwork thread in the art section.

Quote:

Unread 01-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #960
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I grabbed a roto-zip type bit for my dremel at lowes, and grabbed a sheet of 1/4" plywood, and went to town.

Took a while, i had to make 1 that came out horrible, remake another that fit well but didnt come close enough to the wheel well, then spend a ton of time sanding and grinding one to fit just right, and then used that one to make the template for the other side.

After maybe 2 hours and all this:

I had 2 perfectly shaped side panels!

These will get covered with Al's Liner when it arrives.

Then moved on to an additional project that I'm not entirely sure how to proceed with. I picked up some el cheapo lights for the truck, not that I do alot of night wheeling, but when setting up camp and whatnot you can never have too much light i figure. I knew i wanted to mount a set on the rear of the truck, but I grabbed a second set and thought maybe I could put them on the front.

I fiddled around with them but couldnt find anywhere that I really liked. They fit fine and would work well on the bumper, but they hang down and kind of just look out of place to me.

Any suggestions? Maybe i could mount them up further behind the bumper on the frame so they are less in view? I could easily weld up a little bracket for that.

The ones on the back are going to be installed as such:

Nice and out of the way, but will provide plenty of light for setting up behind the wag (i tend to back into campgrounds to unload) and they will be good for hooking up my future trailers as well! They are mounted to the rear frame crossmember, so they are behind the bumper and out of the way, looks a little deceiving in the pic, but they are behind the bumper.

Anyway, thats all I did tonight. time for a beer and some TV!

Quote:

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.