Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 62 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #916
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

The chute pack would look way stylish!

73pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #917
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMud View Post
Is ur d30 closed knuckle?
Yah, it's closed knuckle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73pumpkin View Post
The chute pack would look way stylish!
an you do me a big favor?

Can you get pictures of how your gas tank mounts to the truck? There should be 3 mounts. One on the front at the skinny end of the tank, one on the passenger side of the tank that has a bracket coming off of the crossmember, and one down at the fat end of the tank, just to the driver side of the filler tube on the tank.

Those are all the mounts, 3 in total. One at the front, one at the back, and one on the side next to the driveshaft.

Also can you try to get some pictures of the whole thing, so i can kind of see how it supposed to be positioned?

Thanks so much.

Those are all the mounts, 3 in total. One at the front, one at the back, and one on the side next to the driveshaft.[/quote]

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #918
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I'll take some pictures and post them. If they are not descriptive enough, I'll take more.
Unread 01-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #919
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I took some quicky pictures. Some are not so good. My jeep does not have any lift and i have 4" of snow around it. I'll try to take bette ones if you need them later. i may have to jack it up a bit. Here is the rear mount first.
rear-gas-tank-mount.jpg   rear-gas-tank-mount-2.jpg  
Unread 01-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #920
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Here is the side mount. I don't see any bolts on this one. It seems to be just a wide strap maybe tack welded fast or wraped.
side-gas-tank-mount.jpg   side-gas-tank-mount-2.jpg  
Unread 01-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #921
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Here is the front mount. These are especialy blurry.
front-gas-tank-mount.jpg   front-gas-tank-mount-2.jpg  
Unread 01-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #922
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Here are two views of the entire tank. I may have a minute leak in my tank or it may be just grime from the rear differential. I'll check it out more thoroughly later. Can a person get a new tank for a 73 Wagoneer? I have also taken pictures of the fill hose arrangement.
rear-view-gas-tank.jpg   front-view-tank.jpg   fill-hose-rear-tank.jpg   fill-hose-over-rear-frame.jpg  
Unread 01-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #923
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Can you get pictures of the side mount and the rear mount?

I've discovered that i have the front mount.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 01-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #924
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Lovely

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #925
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Some dumb guy with a cherokee replied over on IFSJA but he only got me crappy pics...not nice ones like these.

Just kidding bob....

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 01-13-2012, 12:15 AM   #926
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I just hope it was an XJ. That's the only REAL Cherokee...

[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
Unread 01-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #927
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

That Vegas sand does a nice job of scouring away mud and grime. We get a nice undercoat of bentonite mud here in Wyoming. It makes a good glue. I asked if new tanks for 73s were available. Does anyone know if they are?
Unread 01-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #928
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That Vegas sand does a nice job of scouring away mud and grime. We get a nice undercoat of bentonite mud here in Wyoming. It makes a good glue. I asked if new tanks for 73s were available. Does anyone know if they are?
bjsoffroad.com sells a poly tank for around $200. I believe it will look different, but fit in the same space. Or, if you plan on modding and wheeling it, you may want to go with an aftermarket (or even old suburban) tank that fits in the spare tire spot. Several guys have done that.

Unread 01-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #929
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
they are avail, but they;re slightly different, mount differently, and need some sort of rigging to get the fill hole connected to the fill tube, but yes. like 225 shipped.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 01-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #930
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

on another note...

Saw this 79 j-10 honcho this morning and called the guy, told him i'd have him cash by noon....

he said it was already sold.....

Wait for it....

for $1300.

Interior was PERFECT had a clean looking 360 under the hood, q-track, but needed a new th400 (new, not rebuilt, the front DS let go and broke the hell out of the transmission case). Body was pretty decent, only damage was right there on the front fender and the missing bumper.

Sad. So sad, i pounched on it but just missed it.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.