Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 60 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #886
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

A person might resell a set of springs, but it is none of my business. I wouldn't want to cut fenders on such a nice body either. You could, dare I say it, run smaller tires? By the way, where did you find the information on the various differential ratios on 73 Wagoneers? My Chilton does not list them. What is the biggest tractor ratio that AMC put in them in 73? I'll be sorting out my three heater hoses this morning and I'll post the results for anyone else who might need it. thanks, Brian

73pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #887
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZJ

How do those body bolts look? Im sure they haven't been touched sinceI factory.
They look fine but they are slightly loose (I can turn some of them) and most of them have busted loose from the body, which is why I need to cut and tack weld

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #888
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73pumpkin
A person might resell a set of springs, but it is none of my business. I wouldn't want to cut fenders on such a nice body either. You could, dare I say it, run smaller tires? By the way, where did you find the information on the various differential ratios on 73 Wagoneers? My Chilton does not list them. What is the biggest tractor ratio that AMC put in them in 73? I'll be sorting out my three heater hoses this morning and I'll post the results for anyone else who might need it. thanks, Brian
no smaller tires! Haha. Its not enough of an issue at the moment to deal with, I've got to get the gas tank sorted out first, then ill worry about trail performance.

I got the info on IFSJA and I'm pretty sure 3.31's were as deep as they got...as I said, that's the tow package. Stock was 2.73 methinks? Or 2.9something? I dunno haha.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 01-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #889
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Thanks Marns, I joined that outfit, but forgot about them as an information source. The Pumpkin now has defrost, heat, and a working AM radio. Areciever hitch and floor boards are the next projects. The actuators were just sticky. They work fine now.
I was wrong about BJs having a set of 6" lift springs. They have two different grades of 4" lift springs, one standard ride set and one heavy off road set. Good luck with the body lift.
Unread 01-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #890
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Gee, this thread got chatty... I vote for the BL whenever Marn has the time and beer to do it.

My Cherokee has a 3" BL, and it looks fine. And no, I'm not a fan of big BLs on most vehicles...

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #891
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Some of the chattyness is my fault. I should have been asking questions on my own thread. So many smart people follow Marn's thread that I ended up horning in a bit. He has more pictures with pretty girls on his too.
Unread 01-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #892
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

hahahaha, no worries, im happy to answer questions or provide pics of whatever for anybody who needs answers.

took it out again today to go shooting. drove great.

I got a guy to hook me up with a set of NOS tail light lenses for free, im buying a new gauge cluster from another guy, and I got 2 window cranks on the way as well to replace mine (one has no knob and one has a black knob...the other two are fine).

Also, I recently replaced the throttle cable,after getting the correct one sent to me by BJ's

the original one was badly frayed at the carb, and at the gas pedal:

Anyway, heres the right part:

Unread 01-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #893
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Also just got a decent raise, and my rent went down (added a roommate to our house), so, that should mean more jeep money!

Or more gun money...just bought this the other week:

Unread 01-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #894
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quit buying guns and mod the jeep. Or buy a 2012 wrangler =).
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #895
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

no. MOAR GUNS!

Unread 01-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #896
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well, the guns will hold their value better than the Jeep will. Is that your first .45 ACP/ I have an old 1911A1 military (Remington built actually). It was acurized by my father a long time ago. Is there a manufacturer's name on the blade?
Unread 01-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #897
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Quit buying guns and mod the jeep. Or buy a 2012 wrangler =).
Ew, no JK...

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #898
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73pumpkin View Post
Well, the guns will hold their value better than the Jeep will. Is that your first .45 ACP/ I have an old 1911A1 military (Remington built actually). It was acurized by my father a long time ago. Is there a manufacturer's name on the blade?
I used to have a springfield 1911A1 a few years ago, just the standard GI style 1911.

I also have a smith and wesson .45acp titanium/scandium airlite revolver that is currently for sale. One of the coolest revolvers i've ever see, but i need to sell it because i bought the new sig 1911.

The blade is actually made by Rock Creek, they are owned by Han-Wei out of china , who make high quality reproduction swords out of their own proprietary high-carbon steel. Trust me, im not proud that its chinese, but its a damn fine blade. T'was a gift from my lady last christmas, she felt the same way about it being chinese, but the quality was way above and beyond the american blades in the same range.

Unread 01-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #899
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Yeah, my 1911 is the standard issue for the most part. I've got lots of Chinese stuff, who doesn't. It is hard to find good American stuff that a person can afford. This post could lead off into a whole political dissertation that this site is not at all about. Enjoy your good looking knife. Now if I start seeing Iraniian or Pakastane stuff on the store shelves, I'll walk on by, no matter how cheap it is. I wish that I wasn't putting Arabic stuff in my fuel tank.
Unread 01-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #900
Subaruski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Also just got a decent raise, and my rent went down (added a roommate to our house), so, that should mean more jeep money!

Or more gun money...just bought this the other week:
I hope I get to play with this next time I'm back in town
Subaruski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.