Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 57 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 12-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #841
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

I think you can make that work

I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #842
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

possibly, but why ghetto rig it when I can have the correct one from BJ's in a few days? Unless mine was some super random production and there is no cable that fits it, i'll just wait.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #843
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I didn't see any beer and band-aids in that truck seat a couple of posts ago. So is the shop doing all of your Jeep work now?
73pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 04:42 PM   #844
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

hahahah, nooooo.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 12-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #845
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Got a hold of BJ's Offroad yesterday, and they handled it like a pro. 73 is a bit of a cusp year, and that was when they were transitioning from the old school floor mounted pedals to the new required firewall mounted pedal.

Regardless, the folks at BJ's sent me off a new (correct 1974-1976) cable with a return label for the first one. I should have it here in a day or three and get the part swapped out!

Big thumbs up to BJ's for awesome customer service again. The first one I ordered shipped that same afternoon and was on my doorstep 3 days later. These guys are great.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 12-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #846
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Flew into Burbank last night from Houston. Had a brief stopover in Vegas. I have to say, as the plane was nearing Vegas, and I could see dirt trails branching off the roads, and up into the hills and mountains, I got an itch to be down there driving my Jeep.

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 11:22 PM   #847
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

roll out some dan and i'll take you for a desert ride.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 12-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #848
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

My TJ could make the drive, but My Cherokee might break the bank just on gas... I might could make it as far as El Paso, though. Some nice mountains out there. No clue about trails.

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 02:52 AM   #849
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_hollis
I have to say, as the plane was nearing Vegas, and I could see dirt trails branching off the roads, and up into the hills and mountains, I got an itch to be down there driving my Jeep.
X2 to this statement...

Id have to find jobs every 2 states in order to afford gas.

Sent from my
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #850
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Yeah, i took the waggy on that 500 mile round trip....that was like 150 bucks.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 12-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #851
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Merry Christmas from The Beast

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 12-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #852
DrGrand
2003 WJ 

Just read the whole thread start to finish. This thread has confirmed my choice to get an old Wagoneer at some point. Great job
Unread 12-27-2011, 12:17 PM   #853
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

glad to hear it! Go get one!

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 12-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #854
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice thread Dr. Marn. We had a wagon like that when I was a pup.. We all loved it, the body was rusted everywhere though.
Unread 12-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #855
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

That would be DR. Marn to you!

Haha, thanks though. Its a blast, I took my girlfirends dad and an older buddy of mine shooting this weekend in the wagoneer, and they both just kept commenting about how it feels like it's the mid 70's again cruising around in that thing.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.