Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #826
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Heck my TJ doesnt get 14 mpg lol.

MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #827
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

14 highway!

Haha. Best I have gotten in the waggy was about 12mpg and that was between Las Vegas and Alamo, NV. I got closer to 13 on the way home from Ely though...but that was all down hill.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 07:00 AM   #828
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hahah. I hear ya. I had an '89 Dodge Ramcharger that got 8mpg in the city and a 75 GMC k15 on 33s that got like 6-7 I swear. 10 bucks a day in gas and thats when gas was cheap.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #829
SuperMud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Even a 1987+ would be a turrable DD.

These things had issues with vapor locking from the factory...brand new. The newest you could get would be a 1991, which is still carbureted, and will get about 14mpg....
My plan was to swap the entire drivetrain out of my 87xj (8.8 rear, lockers and stuff) into a waggy like this to get the reliability, efi, mpg and stuff but for now I can only wish my xj looked as good as this waggy. Though I still like it alot more than any 80's grand wag so that helps me feel better about my choice of vehicle lol.
SuperMud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #830
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

no updates...just felt like posting in my thread to clear out the tumble weeds....

I've got a new sticker that I may put on the truck here soon...

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 12-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #831
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well, I felt bad about the jeep being so neglected, never getting driven, etc etc, so I decided to do something about it.

Last night I Fired it up, and took it out to do what it was TRULY made for.

Quote:

Unread 12-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #832
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I don't see no bacon! Back to the store with you!

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #833
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_hollis View Post
I don't see no bacon! Back to the store with you!
there is actually a pack of bacon in there. Not just any bacon either..."Thick Sliced Bacon"

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote:

Unread 12-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #834
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
there is actually a pack of bacon in there. Not just any bacon either..."Thick Sliced Bacon"

mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Good. Now wrap the bacon around some chicken, some asparagus, and somes burger patties, and grill it up! And don't forget the jalapenos!

[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
Unread 12-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #835
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, I felt bad about the jeep being so neglected, never getting driven, etc etc, so I decided to do something about it.
Last night I Fired it up, and took it out to do what it was TRULY made for.
You are getting old.
oldtime_ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #836
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Good. Now wrap the bacon around some chicken, some asparagus, and somes burger patties, and grill it up! And don't forget the jalapenos!
I bought jelepenos as well and we had bacon wrapped chicken 2 nights ago for dinner, baked in a cream of chicken soup based sauce.

Bro, I'm way ahead of you!

Anyway, got my newest mod done! Big time work done tonight!!

IFSJA sticker

Quote:

Unread 12-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #837
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

hmmmph... BJ's never sent me a bumper sticker...

Unread 12-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #838
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
hmmmph... BJ's never sent me a bumper sticker...
they be free, but you need to "add" one to your cart before you check out.

Quote:

Unread 12-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #839
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

For the first time in a few months I bought a jeep part!
forumrunner_20111217_205811.jpg  

Quote:

Unread 12-18-2011, 12:34 PM   #840
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I think we have a problem....

Overall the cables look good...

the carb end matches up just fine..

but the pedal end..uh-oh!

Also, the hole in the firewall is square, not round. I'm guessing that seeing as 73 was somewhat of a cusp year, I got a later model accelerator cable, as the one I ordered was for a 70-73

Back to BJ's it goes.
img_1627.jpg   img_1629.jpg   img_1630.jpg  

Quote:

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.