Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 55 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-12-2011, 01:12 AM   #811
2006LJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Who needs a destination when you're in a Jeep! The best wheeling and cruising in general I've done is when I have nowhere in particular to go!

Unread 11-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #812
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Drove it to the store and back, no issues, threw a lil more gas in it.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 09:55 PM   #813
SuperMud

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006LJ View Post
Who needs a destination when you're in a Jeep! The best wheeling and cruising in general I've done is when I have nowhere in particular to go!
True. It's about the fun per gallon, not miles per gallon.

Edit: Actually it should be smiles per gallon haha

Last edited by SuperMud; 11-21-2011 at 10:08 PM..
SuperMud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #814
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Okay, well, drove across town today, then drove back on the highway...she's purrin like a kitten. Next step is a short off road trip tomorrow to go shooting.

Oh and...washed her!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 11-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #815
jeepdog5
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Love that trim/color package on the waggy
jeepdog5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 08:43 PM   #816
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

marn, moar.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #817
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I know I know. I've been dumping ALLLLL my spare cash into guns and gear lately...with good reason....but anyway, now that I know THE BEAST is running right again I'll get working on some stuff.

Short order will be to replace the throttle cable, then the next big project will be the gas tank.

Quote:

Unread 11-26-2011, 09:50 PM   #818
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

In the past few months I have bought/traded to get the following:

as well as a bunch of ammo, and some other goodies. Also, just did all my christmas shopping....and have a trip to disney land in 2 weeks, then a trip to Frontsight the next week....so, lots of expenses lately!

Quote:

Unread 11-27-2011, 11:18 AM   #819
2006LJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

If there is a zombie apocalypse between the beast and your gun collection I think you will do just fine marn
Unread 11-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #820
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Yeah, thing is...those are just the "fun" guns. I've got others for when I mean business...haha.

Anyway....

Quote:

Unread 11-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #821
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quit stockpiling, and get back to modding, damnit!

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #822
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

The trip to Costco today was not very conducive to the Modding process either...

However...I went shooting and drove the jeep around in the dirt a bunch today...

Confidence is officially restored. Now I can get back to working on it and wheeling it in between!

Quote:

Unread 11-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #823
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Great now find time to put the 2'' body lift on. Quit being lazy and cut those bolts out lol. Welding practice man. I want one of these beasts for my DD soooo bad.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #824
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Great now find time to put the 2'' body lift on. Quit being lazy and cut those bolts out lol. Welding practice man. I want one of these beasts for my DD soooo bad.
Even a 1987+ would be a turrable DD.

These things had issues with vapor locking from the factory...brand new. The newest you could get would be a 1991, which is still carbureted, and will get about 14mpg....

Quote:

Unread 11-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #825
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Found some previously unposted pictures from a bit of a ledge climb back when I headed out to the dunes in the Waggy with YOJIK.

The ledge is nothing crazy, but has several steps.

Quote:

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.