Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 47 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 07-31-2011, 09:31 PM   #691
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

What.... no Kodachrome film for the full effect?

Edit: Ok, I should note that I do know that you can't find anymore, and if you can, it physically can't be processed.

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #692
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
What.... no Kodachrome film for the full effect...

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #693
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Isn't kodachrome color?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #694
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yes it is.

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #695
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Isn't kodachrome color?
yes, but I was just dinkin' around to give it some effect

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #696
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, Kodachrome is color and has real unique look:

Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 08-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #697
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

that is not a picture of my jeep, and therefore does not belong in my thread!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #698
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Went wheelin a little this weekend with Yojik and Vegas matt.

an all too familiar scene...

The one hill on this trail that 4wd is a good idea. LAst time i went up it in 2wd but was slipping all over the place and digging in.

some views:

A sepia one...happy?

Lil video of me goin' up that hill.

Well, sad news is that this thing definitely isnt going to pass smog, and my registration is up this coming thursday, so unless i get a bunch of money or time to get things figured out, it's gonna have to be immobile for a bit. It kills me though, it's running so well just reeks like gas. drove up at 6 mile grade at about 50 mph in the 105 degree heat and the truck didnt even hit 200 degrees.

Quote:

Unread 08-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #699
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Does your state have a law that lets you get exemption, if you can prove you spent a certain amount of money trying to get it to code?

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #700
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_hollis View Post
Does your state have a law that lets you get exemption, if you can prove you spent a certain amount of money trying to get it to code?

Yes, need to spend $450 in emissions related repairs on a vehicle...however, that does not include the cost of a catalytic converter, or air injection system

Also quote from the DMV...

Waivers will not be issued to:

* Vehicles eligible for warranty coverage.
* Smoking Vehicles - The vehicle must be repaired with no limit on cost.
* Emission Device Tampering The vehicle must be repaired with no limit on cost.

All my emissions crap has been removed by owners past, so I'd have to put it back on to pass. Chances are that I can squeek it by with some carb tuning, and timing, I would think.

I may just end up picking up a carb rebuild kit and diving in there to get it freshened up, make sure my floats are adjusted, and chenge out my jets.

Quote:

Unread 08-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #701
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

2:50 in

Unread 08-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #702
suddendeath
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Hey Marn, wanted to let you know that your truck is probably the best looking "Used for trail rides" Wagoneer I've ever seen. I've kept eyes on your threads here and on IFSJA, and I think it's brilliant.

Other's may perform better off road, others may look better. But your Wag combines the off road and looking good in a way that is just pure awesome

SOA/SF. 33 MTs, D44 4.10 F/R Locked Rear, Eddie Intake, Holley TA 670, HEI, OBA, 12k Winch, Beefy Bumpers F/R.
suddendeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #703
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
haha, okay! do they absorb carbon monoxide too? That's my issue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suddendeath View Post
Hey Marn, wanted to let you know that your truck is probably the best looking "Used for trail rides" Wagoneer I've ever seen. I've kept eyes on your threads here and on IFSJA, and I think it's brilliant.

Other's may perform better off road, others may look better. But your Wag combines the off road and looking good in a way that is just pure awesome
Thanks for the compliment! That's what i'm going for, just trail riding, camping trips, etc. As I've said before, if i wanted to crawl i'd have bought a CJ or another wrangler.

Quote:

Unread 08-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #704
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Marn, according to the monitor, there is only Nitrogen and Oxygen coming out.
Unread 08-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #705
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Jusr ordered a boat load of carb parts to get the ball rolling on emissions...at least to make sure the CARB isnt the issue. I need to open it up anyway to check what jets its running and figure a rebuild and cleaning will do it some good. Also because my choke sticks open once its warm, so it starts hard the next day.

Ordered:
Complete Rebuilt kit
New accelerator pump
stock size jets and rods (Need the stock ones to have the full range of calibration offered by my calibration kit)
1" Phenolic spacer
Spacer gaskets

Should be a fun weekend project, picked up this book:

I'll try and get good step by step pictures for reference. Should be fairly simple.

Quote:

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.