Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 46 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Building a Bumper?

Unread 07-24-2011, 08:24 PM   #676
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Denatured alcohol my friend.

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #677
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Emissions? hah, here my 79 is old enough to be emissions exempt. Also, the place I take it to will pass it without question, if I slip the guy $20.

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #678
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Thats great and all, but I don't live where you live, and they cannot fudge a test here, so I dont care. Yes it sucks that in Clark County 1967 is the cut off date, even the Nova has to pass smog.

I cant stand when people just say "that sucks! no emissions testing here!" I dont live there. Just like the price of gas in europe has no bearing on the fact that 4 bucks a gallon sucks here.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 10:55 PM   #679
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, that sucks man. I never would've gotten my old Nova to pass emissions either. Of course, I haven't had that car for about 7 years...

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 01:36 AM   #680
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Just do what I do, drive down the street with headers and O2 sensors. Who needs a downpipe, cats, and mufflers?

Really though, I need to get some pipes put on it. I'm afraid to drive it because I'm sure I'll get pulled over with as loud as it is.
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 10:35 AM   #681
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

the one day I have to drive the jeep it decides to rain in this god forsaken desert. Yay for losing the back end of a 5500 pound truck on every corner I take!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #682
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Something weird just happened. The jeep was running beautifully on Monday, I drove it all over the place, and after a day of driving i retarded the timing a little to eliminate some pinging I heard, then parked it after a test run.

Timing was set at 12 degrees, doubt that matters though.

Went to start it, it woudnt fire. I kept cranking, but no go. I couldnt smell hardly any gas either with the air cleaner off, but figured it'd be reeking at that point.

I shot some starting fluid into it, and VROOM it ran for a few seconds and i shut it down.

K, so it's not getting fuel. I put some more gas in the tank in case it was lower than i thought, no go.

I then pulled the fuel line from the carb (edelbrock performer) and a little bit came out, as is normal, and a little flooded back out from the carb nipple. I put the line in a can, and cranked the truck to see if i had fuel pressure. The thing fired up instantly and ran, so i shut it down. It ran without the fuel line, and the can had a bunch of gas in it.

I put the fuel line back on, and it ran like normal.

What could have caused that? I don't see how there could have been a vacuum strong enough to keep the truck from getting fuel, even though it was super hot when i shut it down, and its alot cooler...but it's 4 days later. This seems impossible especially seeing as the fuel came back out of the carb when I pulled the line, the tank venting system is hooked up and i had the gas cap off.

Ideas? Is my carb just being funky?

Quote:

Unread 07-30-2011, 07:48 AM   #683
turtlerace
Best taken in small doses

1979 J-Series Truck 

might have just been a piece of trash in the fuel line.
Unread 07-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #684
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlerace View Post
might have just been a piece of trash in the fuel line.
Could be, but there's a filter about 1.5' from the carb.

I guess it could have evaporated the fuel out of the bowls if the carb is leaky and because of the heat, apparently those eddy's have massive bowls that take a while to fill up if they drain out.

I probably need a rebuild anyway.

Quote:

Unread 07-31-2011, 12:13 AM   #685
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

A rebuild that includes fuel injection?
Unread 07-31-2011, 12:09 PM   #686
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

no, lol. Im not spending $2000 so i can get 1mpg better, lol.

Quote:

Unread 07-31-2011, 02:08 PM   #687
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

1 mpg better, and no more headaches!
Unread 07-31-2011, 03:14 PM   #688
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Still gonna get the 2'' body lift?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 07:08 PM   #689
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewe02 View Post
1 mpg better, and no more headaches!
No, lots more head aches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Still gonna get the 2'' body lift?
Eventually, but the nuts on the body bolts have broken loose so i need to get a 2" hole saw and cut holes in my tub from the inside to re-weld the nuts...so, maybe.

Quote:

Unread 07-31-2011, 07:09 PM   #690
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I was going out to try to smog the jeep with my retarded timing and after getting it heated up, but the smog station was closed, so I took the jeep and my girl on a little ride, out to the Kodachrome area. Real pretty colors out there. Maybe thats why its called Kodachrome?

Snapped 1 decent pic with my cell, and just thought I'd share.

A few others that are not as good. It started raining so I figured I better go home, seeing as i drove through like 5 washes.

Quote:

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.