Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 46 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

RCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% offNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 07-24-2011, 08:24 PM   #676
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Denatured alcohol my friend.

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #677
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Emissions? hah, here my 79 is old enough to be emissions exempt. Also, the place I take it to will pass it without question, if I slip the guy $20.

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #678
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Thats great and all, but I don't live where you live, and they cannot fudge a test here, so I dont care. Yes it sucks that in Clark County 1967 is the cut off date, even the Nova has to pass smog.

I cant stand when people just say "that sucks! no emissions testing here!" I dont live there. Just like the price of gas in europe has no bearing on the fact that 4 bucks a gallon sucks here.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 10:55 PM   #679
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, that sucks man. I never would've gotten my old Nova to pass emissions either. Of course, I haven't had that car for about 7 years...

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 01:36 AM   #680
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Just do what I do, drive down the street with headers and O2 sensors. Who needs a downpipe, cats, and mufflers?

Really though, I need to get some pipes put on it. I'm afraid to drive it because I'm sure I'll get pulled over with as loud as it is.
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 10:35 AM   #681
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

the one day I have to drive the jeep it decides to rain in this god forsaken desert. Yay for losing the back end of a 5500 pound truck on every corner I take!

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #682
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Something weird just happened. The jeep was running beautifully on Monday, I drove it all over the place, and after a day of driving i retarded the timing a little to eliminate some pinging I heard, then parked it after a test run.

Timing was set at 12 degrees, doubt that matters though.

Went to start it, it woudnt fire. I kept cranking, but no go. I couldnt smell hardly any gas either with the air cleaner off, but figured it'd be reeking at that point.

I shot some starting fluid into it, and VROOM it ran for a few seconds and i shut it down.

K, so it's not getting fuel. I put some more gas in the tank in case it was lower than i thought, no go.

I then pulled the fuel line from the carb (edelbrock performer) and a little bit came out, as is normal, and a little flooded back out from the carb nipple. I put the line in a can, and cranked the truck to see if i had fuel pressure. The thing fired up instantly and ran, so i shut it down. It ran without the fuel line, and the can had a bunch of gas in it.

I put the fuel line back on, and it ran like normal.

What could have caused that? I don't see how there could have been a vacuum strong enough to keep the truck from getting fuel, even though it was super hot when i shut it down, and its alot cooler...but it's 4 days later. This seems impossible especially seeing as the fuel came back out of the carb when I pulled the line, the tank venting system is hooked up and i had the gas cap off.

Ideas? Is my carb just being funky?

Quote:

Unread 07-30-2011, 07:48 AM   #683
turtlerace
Best taken in small doses

1979 J-Series Truck 

might have just been a piece of trash in the fuel line.
Unread 07-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #684
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlerace View Post
might have just been a piece of trash in the fuel line.
Could be, but there's a filter about 1.5' from the carb.

I guess it could have evaporated the fuel out of the bowls if the carb is leaky and because of the heat, apparently those eddy's have massive bowls that take a while to fill up if they drain out.

I probably need a rebuild anyway.

Quote:

Unread 07-31-2011, 12:13 AM   #685
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

A rebuild that includes fuel injection?
Unread 07-31-2011, 12:09 PM   #686
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

no, lol. Im not spending $2000 so i can get 1mpg better, lol.

Quote:

Unread 07-31-2011, 02:08 PM   #687
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

1 mpg better, and no more headaches!
Unread 07-31-2011, 03:14 PM   #688
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Still gonna get the 2'' body lift?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 07:08 PM   #689
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewe02 View Post
1 mpg better, and no more headaches!
No, lots more head aches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Still gonna get the 2'' body lift?
Eventually, but the nuts on the body bolts have broken loose so i need to get a 2" hole saw and cut holes in my tub from the inside to re-weld the nuts...so, maybe.

Quote:

Unread 07-31-2011, 07:09 PM   #690
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I was going out to try to smog the jeep with my retarded timing and after getting it heated up, but the smog station was closed, so I took the jeep and my girl on a little ride, out to the Kodachrome area. Real pretty colors out there. Maybe thats why its called Kodachrome?

Snapped 1 decent pic with my cell, and just thought I'd share.

A few others that are not as good. It started raining so I figured I better go home, seeing as i drove through like 5 washes.

Quote:

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.