Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-29-2010, 12:18 AM   #46
EugeneTheTJ
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS...

2003 TJ Wrangler 

love it and welcome back. I still want to but my great aunts GW off of her son. I need to do that soon before it is too late...

EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 01:30 AM   #47
Haik
supaJEEP

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Really nice project jeep Marn, I regret selling mine too but like you said, everything for a reason and I sure had reason, lol. I'll be looking for a project too eventually...
How far are you going to go with it? What is your scope of work? Restoration build-up or making it a crawler? Hybrid of off-road and mall crawl?

-SOLD- White Jeep Club Member #8675309

Rubicon Express 5.5" Long Arm Lift Kit - Advance Adapters SYE w/ Custom driveshaft
35" SuperSwamper Boggers - SMF rear bumper w/ swingout tire carrier
Cobra 75 WX ST - Firestick II 5' - PIAA 520 - PIAA 525 - 488 Gears - Detroit Locker
SMF front
bumper w/ bull bar - Warn 9500ti winch
Haik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 11:46 AM   #48
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJoeDavola View Post
She's got a nice *** Can't wait to see where this goes Marn. Oh and how many miles does this thing have?
Odometer reads 86k.....judging by the interior I'd say thats about right? I dunno though, guy said he didnt think it's rolled over, guy before him said he didnt think its rolled over, guy before him said he didnt think it's rolled over....etc.

Who knows, it runs well and is straight, i guess it doesn't really matter if its 186,000 or 86,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik View Post
Really nice project jeep Marn, I regret selling mine too but like you said, everything for a reason and I sure had reason, lol. I'll be looking for a project too eventually...
How far are you going to go with it? What is your scope of work? Restoration build-up or making it a crawler? Hybrid of off-road and mall crawl?
Haik my friend! Good to see you.

Plans are hybrid off road and mall crawl. In all honesty, It'll be a nice SHTF rig...when it's time to Get out of Dodge, I'll have something to book it down the streets and head for the hills.

Its about where i want it lift and tire wise, maybe a 1" BL, for a little extra clearance, eventually just bumpers and winch and all the "extras"

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 11:51 AM   #49
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Odometer reads 86k.....judging by the interior I'd say thats about right? I dunno though, guy said he didnt think it's rolled over, guy before him said he didnt think its rolled over, guy before him said he didnt think it's rolled over....etc.

Who knows, it runs well and is straight, i guess it doesn't really matter if its 186,000 or 86,000

Haik my friend! Good to see you.

Plans are hybrid off road and mall crawl. In all honesty, It'll be a nice SHTF rig...when it's time to Get out of Dodge, I'll have something to book it down the streets and head for the hills.

Its about where i want it lift and tire wise, maybe a 1" BL, for a little extra clearance, eventually just bumpers and winch and all the "extras"
I was thinking the same thing, but wasn't sure how worried you were about that. Lots of room for gear and supplies. I guess that means you won't be selling any of those guns to pay for Jeep mods.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #50
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
I was thinking the same thing, but wasn't sure how worried you were about that. Lots of room for gear and supplies. I guess that means you won't be selling any of those guns to pay for Jeep mods.
Lets just say.....I'm a little worried.....and leave it at that.

And no, I wont be selling the guns for jeep mods...bahaha. Note that there is a specific reason and use behind every gun I own. Not a single one was bought "just because." They all cover a base.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #51
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well, whoever run the wiring and tubing on this jeep was an idiot.

PO mentioned past problems with vapor locking, and having had it fixed....well, the fuel line still ran up and down and around all sorts of vacuum lines, was resting on a valve cover...and it was also resting on the Throttle Cable (D'OH!). I took care of that, rerouted it.

Then i bumped against a section of split tubing...and sparks flew everywhere. WTF?! Turns out the tubing had cracked away...because it was resting on the intake manifold (read: hot), and one of the many wires in it had melted...and was shorting on the block. Wrapped those up and repositioned the run of wires so it was away from the block.

Then I leaned out the fuel mixture. Mixture screws were out about a full turn too much. Smells less like gas now, and seems to start up better and smoother.

So, thats good! Also cleaned the carb lightly.

I'da taken pictures but...i put my camera through the wash, waiting for it to dry to see if there is any hope.

I'm getting her ready for her maiden voyage! Gonna go for a ride on monday. CB gets installed tomorrow, hopefully my jerry can has arrived at 4 wheel parts, and gonna get the spare tire mount back in it.

Quote:

Unread 07-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #52
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like you had some fun with small things.

Put the camera in a bowl of rice. It will dry quicker, and it has saved many electronics here at my house.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #53
mg2000xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Hey Doc, I saw a few days ago that you had joined IFSJA as did I, my name is ThePartyWagon over there. Your rig is looking great and I will keep a close eye on this thread for ideas. I just picked up this beauty yesterday but she's staying stock for quite a while.

Utah Jeep Crew Member #119
My Webshots
New Build
Old Build
mg2000xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #54
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Sounds like you had some fun with small things.

Put the camera in a bowl of rice. It will dry quicker, and it has saved many electronics here at my house.
It's mostly dry now, a little moisture left somewhere in it that i can see on the LCD. IT TAKES PICTURES PERFECTLY...but the flash doesnt work....yet. Cannon ROCKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg2000xj View Post
Hey Doc, I saw a few days ago that you had joined IFSJA as did I, my name is ThePartyWagon over there. Your rig is looking great and I will keep a close eye on this thread for ideas. I just picked up this beauty yesterday but she's staying stock for quite a while.

Awesome! The more FSJer's the better!

Quote:

Unread 07-03-2010, 12:10 PM   #55
Douglas S.

You have no idea how lucky you are to live in Nevada vehicle-wise. People here would kill for a FSJ in that kind of condition.
Unread 07-03-2010, 11:01 PM   #56
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I bet they'd kill for our winter weather, too.

People say I'm "lucky" for where I live. No. I'm smart for where I live. A few things that are important to me: Vehicles, nature, the desert, lack of snow, entertainment, and outdoor life. Am I "lucky" that Vegas is perfect for all of that? No. I'm smart. Those are the reasons I chose to move here.

Anyway...Did a bunch of stuff today. Got the CB almost all installed, but bought too short of a cable. My buddy also had a brand new in the box edelbrock flow-pro air cleaner sitting around, that happen to fit perfectly, so he gave it to me and we installed it.

Quote:

Unread 07-04-2010, 12:03 AM   #57
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

People say I'm "lucky" for where I live. No. I'm smart for where I live. A few things that are important to me: Vehicles, nature, the desert, lack of snow, entertainment, and outdoor life. Am I "lucky" that Vegas is perfect for all of that? No. I'm smart. Those are the reasons I chose to move here.
This. I have kind of grown used to where I've grown up. Desert. Close to off road, desert (dry and warm) and my area is growing and getting bigger, but used to have almost no people at all.
Unread 07-04-2010, 12:35 AM   #58
Douglas S.

Quote:

Canada doesn't have a Vegas I can move to.

Don't hate on snow and winter, I'll take all four seasons please.
Unread 07-04-2010, 12:09 PM   #59
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas S. View Post
Canada doesn't have a Vegas I can move to.

Don't hate on snow and winter, I'll take all four seasons please.
Nope, but the USA does!

I do hate snow, its why I'm here. I like my 4 seasons.

Warm, Blazing Hot, Warm, and Cool

Quote:

Unread 07-04-2010, 02:13 PM   #60
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nope, but the USA does!

I do hate snow, its why I'm here. I like my 4 seasons.

Warm, Blazing Hot, Warm, and Cool
In the winter, that god damn wind chill there makes it so even the heaviest jacket can't keep you warm.

FTW I miss Vegas...
vindicated is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.