Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 38 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #556
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Looks great to me. I think mild body lifts are always good. The ones that replace the old worn mounts and add a little height, not the hard plastic pucks.

The stabilizer bushing is key. The nut stripped off mine and every time I started out in first gear the shifter would shake really bad, to the point that it hit that bone on the outside of my wrist and it hurt like no other.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #557
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Heck yeah slap a 2'' body lift doesnt even cost a bill. Make them replace that bushing.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #558
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

My 79 Cherokee had a 3" BL on it when I got it. I'm not a BL fan, but yeah, you can't tell it's there unless you actually look for it. I'm leaving it on until I finally have the spare cash to replace my current setup with a 6" spring lift from BJ's Offroad.

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 11:46 AM   #559
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_hollis View Post
My 79 Cherokee had a 3" BL on it when I got it. I'm not a BL fan, but yeah, you can't tell it's there unless you actually look for it. I'm leaving it on until I finally have the spare cash to replace my current setup with a 6" spring lift from BJ's Offroad.
kick *** chero, by the way!

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 11:47 AM   #560
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

So, I called the shop and this is what the guy who did all the work said

"The bushing? Oh yeah, I found that the other day! When I put it back together, I couldnt remember if there was a bushing there. I THOUGHT there was, but I couldn't find it. I found it, so just come on down and I'll put it back on for you"

Hey, thanks....WERE YOU GONNA TELL ME!?! Or just wait until I screwed up my drive line or cracked my bell housing and made you replace the whole transmission?

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #561
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Also, I correctly hooked up my fuel venting system.

I was having problems because the PO removed the whole system, when they removed the stock gas tank.

my aux tank was a closed system with no vent, so the gas cap was vented. I was having issues with the tank bloating, and tons of vapor escaping from the gas cap, and thus dripping dirty gas down the side of the truck in the 95* weather.

I ghetto rigged it, but i think it works. It hasnt been as hot, but we'll see how it performs when it heats up again. Just put the two vent lines into the breather tube, so the vapor will rise and have a way to escape, as well as being sucked away by the carb when the engine is running.

Quote:

Unread 05-10-2011, 12:00 PM   #562
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I don't think I'd be going back to that guy.

[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
Unread 05-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #563
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

The owner was the good guy, real knowledgeable, but he didnt do the work.

So I got it home the first day, parked it, walked into the house, walked back out for something and was like "wtf is that?!"

Turns out one of the cooler lines from the tranny was hanging down and resting on the drag link....it was so low it was hanging on my steering. They said "sorry bring it back real quick"

The guy was under it for a minute, I figured he'd bend it and adjust the fitting at the transmission to re-align it. He fixed it and i drove home.

There are about 6 or 8 zip ties holding the lower line to the upper line.....

Quote:

Unread 05-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #564
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_hollis View Post
Yeah, I don't think I'd be going back to that guy.
Also, looking at your cherokee just gave me an idea.

The back of my rig is kinda trashed, the rubber floor matt is all ripped up, the side panels arent in very good shape (ripped vinyl, etc). I wanted to herculine at least the back of the truck, but this would be a problem clashing with the vinyl panels...

I saw your truck looks to have some wooden side panels in the back, with speakers in them.

Good idea! Just cut some thin plywood to shape, screw it in, and herculine right over the wood. I could also add some speakers VERY easily back there....It's no fun having 1 speaker in the center of my dash, haha.

Quote:

Unread 05-10-2011, 01:01 PM   #565
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Those were the factory plywood panels in mine. I'm planning on replacing them with 16g metal, and monstalining the entire inside. I just haven't done it yet, due to laziness. Also, I am considering mounting some slim 8" marine subs in those panels when I do that.

Unread 05-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #566
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

"stock plywood" haha

Kinda like the "stock duct tape wire splices" in mine....man, AMC was way ahead of their time.

Quote:

Unread 05-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #567
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Drives a bit better now :-)

But, the fool stripped the stud for the torque arm, and my transmiossion mount is a lil messed up looking (squished and out of place)...

i'll handle it myself, ordered new ones.

Quote:

Unread 05-10-2011, 11:16 PM   #568
jeepdog5
1993 YJ Wrangler 

sweet GW! keep up the good work.
jeepdog5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2011, 06:51 AM   #569
tj98
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Great to hear it's back on the road!
14 JK Unlimited - Wife's
tj98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #570
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

vibes are still there, still kinda crazy. it's going back to the shop.

Quote:

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.