Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 06-27-2010, 06:00 PM   #31
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

damn I miss my old 1984 waggy.

***** was beast. subscribed and will be following.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #32
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
we shall see! I've had the damn thing for a day, hahaha.
hahah this is true. As soon as I got mine I had no money to mod so I resorted to stickers just so I could at least have something to put on it! lol.
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2010, 07:20 PM   #33
jtpaintball70

Quote:
Did you ditch the CJ too?
Tranny blew right before I moved to CO and I didn't have the money to get it fixed, so I sold it for $1800 (bought it for 2k 9 months before) and picked up a $700 F150 to get me moved up. Trying to save for a J-truck, MJ, or any type of cherokee right now.

NREMT-I/85
89 K1500
jtpaintball70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2010, 08:06 PM   #34
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice waggy. I wouldn't mind having one myself, but I've got my LJ.

As far as a CB goes you can get a Wilson Mag Mount antenna. No holes or anything if you do it right. If you put the antenna on the roof you'll have a pretty good ground plane too. That will cover some distance.
Unread 06-27-2010, 08:13 PM   #35
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You could also do what we used to do when we convoyed to Hershey every year (a group of 4 familys totaling 17 people). We all had CBs with massive magnetic mount CBs. They looked pretty funny on 1 Chrysler LeBaron, 1 Dodge Spirit, 1 Chevy Venture, and one Dodge 2500 Van.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2010, 08:33 PM   #36
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Just wired in a new switch for the tailgate window. Not the ideal switch, but it'll work for now until i can find a nicer one, or an oem one.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #37
-Shoey-
2003 KJ Liberty 

Awesome Waggy, Marn.
USN Jeep Club #115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Fuzz View Post
On a 1-10 scale, I give it.... Tits.
-Shoey- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #38
DJdave
1995 YJ Wrangler 

A true beast.
DJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2010, 10:56 PM   #39
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

looks good man! i have a big soft spot for older wagoneers and cherokees..cant wait to see what you do with it!
Unread 06-28-2010, 06:46 AM   #40
Jetscuh
O rly?

Spring over the *****.

Well, actually, it's fine the way it is. I just have some weird obsession with spring over on every leaf sprung vehicle.

I do like the color and the one strip of the wooden type paneling.
Jetscuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 07:33 AM   #41
woodkrawler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

That's a bad ride Great find on a awesome vehicle. I'm looking forward to this build.
woodkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 08:53 AM   #42
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

Subscribed. Im jealous of your new found "toy"... Cant wait to see your final product.

Shameless plug: www.davidisabeersnob.com

My CJ7 Build Thread
AustinCJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #43
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Marn, if you decide to upgrade the stereo, before you cut the dash up to fit a DIN style stereo check out vintage vibes classic car stereo They make stereos, that fit the opening with new controls for MP3, and remote CD players. Very cool. I found them the day after I cut the dash on my ford for a stereo. Now I am looking for a dash to fix my ford and go to vintage vibes to make it look original.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 06:27 PM   #44
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
Marn, if you decide to upgrade the stereo, before you cut the dash up to fit a DIN style stereo check out vintage vibes classic car stereo They make stereos, that fit the opening with new controls for MP3, and remote CD players. Very cool. I found them the day after I cut the dash on my ford for a stereo. Now I am looking for a dash to fix my ford and go to vintage vibes to make it look original.
Nice!!! Girl needs one for her nova.

I dont feel like putting a pricey system in though, seeing as i dont lock the doors.

Picked up a temporary movement permit for the jeep today, seeing as the PO took the plates.

So, I guess I'm official now, too....

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Last edited by Dr. Marneaus; 06-28-2010 at 06:46 PM..
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 12:16 AM   #45
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Nice!!! Girl needs one for her nova.

I dont feel like putting a pricey system in though, seeing as i dont lock the doors.

Picked up a temporary movement permit for the jeep today, seeing as the PO took the plates.

So, I guess I'm official now, too....
She's got a nice *** Can't wait to see where this goes Marn. Oh and how many miles does this thing have?
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.