Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 02-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #361
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

My general HF philosophy is to read reviews, and if I'm still nervous, buy the 10 dollar warranty, haha.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #362
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

well, made the plunge. Picked up a compressor, a better regulator with moisture filter and oiler, a goodyear hose, and some high flow fittings.

Took off the stock regulator and coupler, and installed the new reg/filter/oiler with the high flow fittings. Hooked everything up.

Broke in the compressor as directed in the instructions. and tested it out. Pulled a few lug nuts off the nova, filled the tires, and filled the air shocks. Works fine.

Compressor kicks in at 95psi, runs for about 90 seconds to bring it back up to 125, then kicks off. Its loud, sure, but no louder than any other portable compressor i've ever use before.

size comparison.

My garage is starting to look like an advertisement for Harbor Freight though...but hell, i've yet to buy something from them that failed? (knock on wood)

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #363
That1guy
2007 WK 

Nice.....
Unread 02-18-2011, 10:37 AM   #364
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

should make for faster/more fun/louder repairs!

Quote:

Unread 02-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #365
That1guy
2007 WK 

My buddy has a mine service truck that he works on heavy equipment. He has one hell of a air system on his truck. All his air tools and hand tools are snap on. It so awesome, but he uses them everyday for hours so he needs best of the best. For guys that need it once a month harbor freight is nice.
Unread 02-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #366
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

got some plans this weekend.

Picked up a sander/polisher, some 3m polish, fine polish, wax...

Also should have my new vinyl woodgrain arriving on saturday as well.

Waggy is hopefully gonna get a makeover this weekend! Gonna try to bring the paint back to life!

Quote:

Unread 02-24-2011, 02:15 PM   #367
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I hate you and everybody else out west with a nearly rust free jeep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 02:33 PM   #368
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussler View Post
I hate you and everybody else out west with a nearly rust free jeep.
I've got a hole the size of a nickel on the rear floor in the cargo area, and one the size of a lime on the rear quarter panel.

FYI that much rust is unheard of around these parts. I have a rusty vehicle for las vegas.

Quote:

Unread 02-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #369
ujehed
1996 XJ Cherokee 

my waggy has probably lived a very well maintenanced and clean life. But it for sure has ohio written on the floor pans and a quarter so sad.
ujehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #370
freakinheep89
1995 ZJ 

I've been thinking about picking up a 88 waggy, rust free in decent shape for 1500 bucks just needs some motor work. How are they as a daily driver? I have a motorcycle if it gets horrible mpg but as far as drivability how are they?

[QUOTE=slayercr23;12630497]How would i go about Stroking it?[/QUOTE]
freakinheep89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #371
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakinheep89 View Post
I've been thinking about picking up a 88 waggy, rust free in decent shape for 1500 bucks just needs some motor work. How are they as a daily driver? I have a motorcycle if it gets horrible mpg but as far as drivability how are they?
The late model grand waggys are amazing for DD's.

Leather bucket seats, AC, center console, all the amenities, ultra cushy ride, and plenty of power.

1500 is good if its in decent shape. For the record, my running motor was 225 bucks if you need to source a replacement, and they are super easy to work on.

Mine is lifted 4", on new springs, and its way older, but if i could get the AC going, I'd drive it daily. still rides pretty well.

However, I get like 9mpg.

If I was in the market for something like that, I would not hesitate to buy myself or my woman a late 80's-91 grand wagoneer.

Quote:

Unread 02-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #372
freakinheep89
1995 ZJ 

Nice, this one is still in good shape body wise, all the wood panel vinyl stuff looks good, interior is ok, and it does run just not very good. I'm assuming they are just a 2bbl carb and it needs to be rebuilt because it sat in a garage for 6 months without running. I'm probably gonna try to go look at it this week.

Unread 02-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #373
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Do so, and report back!

Quote:

Unread 02-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #374
freakinheep89
1995 ZJ 

Ok that thing was a total POS. It looked ok from the outside but it was butchered on the inside and it was missing the front DS.

But I'm in the works right now to pick up a 1986 grand waggy with a 360/auto/ power options/ good shape and working AC

Unread 02-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #375
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Okeyyyy, its getting there....results thus far....

Some teasers...

Before:

Comparison after about 15 min of work:

Another lil area for comparison:

This thing is gonna SHINE when I'm done. All that has been done thus far is the rubbing compound, it has not been polished yet.

Quote:

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.