Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 11-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #241
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Isn't it gorgeous? I wanna get a copy of the full res version.

weird, that picture makes the jeep look like it's nice.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 02:53 PM   #242
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

The Shaggin' Wagon looks good in that picture. I'm sure it's nice having the daily driver back. I wouldn't be able to get anything done on my jeep if I had to drive it everyday.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2010, 02:01 AM   #243
jeepdog5
1993 YJ Wrangler 

great snap of the waggy! if your photography friend has a website...facebook page post it up
jeepdog5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2010, 08:34 AM   #244
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

www.shirakiphoto.com

Blog:
http://shirakiphotoblog.com/?p=245

Bunch of me and my magnum in that blog, haha. There are other entries too. Helping him out always comes with perks...

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 11-18-2010, 11:48 AM   #245
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

Um, if your buddy has any shoots coming up that require models AND the use of a lifted red TJ, or in the near future a CBR 600....I could probably accomodate that. Just sayin'

Also, how's that radiator treatin' ya? I've noticed on mine recently there may be a slow leak where the lower hose clamps on the the pipe....thinking about throwing some sort of high-temp plumbers putty or possibly roughing up the exterior of the pipes with some sandpaper to help with that.
VegasMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #246
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMatt View Post
Um, if your buddy has any shoots coming up that require models AND the use of a lifted red TJ, or in the near future a CBR 600....I could probably accomodate that. Just sayin'

Also, how's that radiator treatin' ya? I've noticed on mine recently there may be a slow leak where the lower hose clamps on the the pipe....thinking about throwing some sort of high-temp plumbers putty or possibly roughing up the exterior of the pipes with some sandpaper to help with that.
i notice a few drips every couple days on the top of the radiator under the overflow hose...so the cap might not be sealing too well, but its minimal. I also noticed a few drops on the ground under the jeep this morning, so I'll check my hose connections. There is always some wet behind my water pump, so its likely that the pump is goin bad...maybe thats the noise I hear?

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 11-18-2010, 02:12 PM   #247
freakinheep89
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
i notice a few drips every couple days on the top of the radiator under the overflow hose...so the cap might not be sealing too well, but its minimal. I also noticed a few drops on the ground under the jeep this morning, so I'll check my hose connections. There is always some wet behind my water pump, so its likely that the pump is goin bad...maybe thats the noise I hear?
what kind of noise do you hear? water pumps whine and whistle when the seals blow out. basically the coolant gets in the bearings and it sounds like a PS pump whine just quieter.

[QUOTE=slayercr23;12630497]How would i go about Stroking it?[/QUOTE]
freakinheep89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2010, 03:11 PM   #248
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I'm hearing a rattle noise...sounds like it could be the bearings on the pump.

Anyway, the jeep is going in storage next week, for god knows how long, so....who knows how much i can work on it anymore.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 11-18-2010, 03:25 PM   #249
freakinheep89
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
I'm hearing a rattle noise...sounds like it could be the bearings on the pump.

Anyway, the jeep is going in storage next week, for god knows how long, so....who knows how much i can work on it anymore.
stupid HOA and their rules

it could be the pump, i haven't worked around a pump style that old in a while. have you checked the harmonic balancer? my friend's K10 rattled like all hell when his balancer was shot.

Unread 11-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #250
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakinheep89 View Post
stupid HOA and their rules

it could be the pump, i haven't worked around a pump style that old in a while. have you checked the harmonic balancer? my friend's K10 rattled like all hell when his balancer was shot.
Nah, i dont know how to check one...isnt it just a solid hunk of metal?

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 11-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #251
freakinheep89
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Nah, i dont know how to check one...isnt it just a solid hunk of metal?
kinda, but not really. on most motors, its an inner metal pulley with a balanced metal disc pressed on over a sheet of rubber. sometimes the rubber goes bad and the disc tries to separate and it vibes like crazy. on some older motors, its bolted, not pressed on, but it varies by make. you can generally tell when they are bad because they cause nasty vibes at idle.

my method of checking for rattles is to take the belt off and wiggle each pulley one by one until you find one with some play.

Unread 11-18-2010, 11:27 PM   #252
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Yeah, i jerked around with the HB tonight, no play in it, it wasnt wobbling either. Lol, there goes 1 more easy fix out the window.

So, New mod....not 100% for the jeep, but you get it.

Epoxy coated the garage in my new house.

All for Mr. Drippy and Ms. Leaky here...

Sad thing is....the nova will be in the garage 99% of the time, and the jeep in storage. We have 5 cars between the 3 of us living in the house...and girl's dad says the nova gets the garage 100% of the time. So...I'll only be able to bring the jeep home on some weekends and rarely a week while we sneak the nova into storage. Damn thing never gets driven or worked on...where as i wrench on the jeep daily and drive it several times a week.

OH well...cest la vie....brand new garage i'll never get to use. So close but so far.

I guess I better just pick up a 360, cause i can fit an engine stand in the garage. Might as well rebuild a new motor if I cant drive the jeep.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 11-19-2010, 07:21 AM   #253
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Oh a freshened up roarin 360. Ramp them numbers up. Do I hear 800 CFM 4 barrel double pumper?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 10:56 AM   #254
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Oh a freshened up roarin 360. Ramp them numbers up. Do I hear 800 CFM 4 barrel double pumper?
Yeah, I figure since it's gonna be machined and hot tanked and everything, might as well have it punched out. Perhaps the standard .030 over. I can get a master rebuild kit for about 450. After shop labor and the cost of a junk yard motor I should be in around 1200 or 1400 bucks for a brand spankin newly rebuilt motor.

I've never rebuilt anything before, and always have wanted to learn, so, why not now?

and by now i mean tax return season.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 11-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #255
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Why not just yank the motor out of ur waggy and build that up? Its a 360 right? Or just find a 440 big block and go balls to the wall. Those engine compartments are huge.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.