Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 10-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #211
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97tjeff View Post
Hey Marn....I have an idea for your waggy.... why not!!! - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

Holy freakin canoli....

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #212
97tjeff
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Holy freakin canoli....
Well, it USED to be a waggy anyways.... he also posted another thread a few days ago - apparently he cracked the housing on his front rockwell
97tjeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #213
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Hot a whole lot going on with the waggy these days, I havent been driving it too much since I have my car back.

I tightened the alternator belt to stop the squeel, and started to install rear seat belts from a 77 cherokee, but then realized they wont fit right.

So, thats about it...it currently just sits around dripping all over the street.

Oh and, here's the sad thing...this is its soon-to-be home.

Parking spot in a storage unit. I'm moving and wont have room to park it at the new house for a year or so....sad.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 10-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #214
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ouchies, how much is that gonna cost you.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #215
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I'm splitting it with my girl (we'll store the nova when i wanna work on the jeep or go wheelin for a weekend) but its like $40 bucks a month. Whoop de do! 20 bucks a month each is fine by me, considering i'm moving into a new house that's way bigger and my rent is going down like 150 bucks a month.

Unread 10-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #216
offroadzombies
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I've read in your build where you reference things that were repaired by a "redneck".
But I have to say, by the way you repaired that plastic oil pressure guage line. You may have some redneck genes in you......
offroadzombies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2010, 10:08 PM   #217
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadzombies View Post
I've read in your build where you reference things that were repaired by a "redneck".
But I have to say, by the way you repaired that plastic oil pressure guage line. You may have some redneck genes in you......
There's a difference between a trail fix and a permanent fix, haha.

Redneck: all the ghetto wiriring and whant not.

Trail fix: crimping a burst oil pressure line in the first 15 mintues of a trail run, so I could complete the next 3 hours of it and repair it at home correctly. Which I did the next morning, with a copper line.

Unread 10-28-2010, 11:56 PM   #218
offroadzombies
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I was not aware that there were "rednecks" on the west coast.
And you are the first person i've ever heard of to reference the word redneck and ghetto in the same sentence.

not trying to start anything, but I guess i'm what you'd call a redneck and i'm more than capable of repairing my jeeps properly.

And oh yeah, if I was you i'd take that POS foam air filter off the top of your carb and replace it with a round paper filter and housing.
Unread 10-29-2010, 12:51 AM   #219
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
And you are the first person i've ever heard of to reference the word redneck and ghetto in the same sentence.

not trying to start anything, but I guess i'm what you'd call a redneck and i'm more than capable of repairing my jeeps properly.

And oh yeah, if I was you i'd take that POS foam air filter off the top of your carb and replace it with a round paper filter and housing.

I'm glad you can repair your jeep, but the ghetto rednecks from the west coast who previously owned my jeep at some point in the past 40 years couldnt, and I have to deal with their wonderful wiring every time I go under the hood or dash.

Stop trolling my thread. It doesnt need to be bumped to the top because someone disagrees with my wording.

Unread 10-29-2010, 01:31 AM   #220
freakinheep89
1995 ZJ 

I would consider myself redneck and I take no offense at that i use the term redneck-rigged regularly.

[QUOTE=slayercr23;12630497]How would i go about Stroking it?[/QUOTE]
freakinheep89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2010, 08:34 AM   #221
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2010, 10:12 AM   #222
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

Quote:

Someone needs to call a wahmbulance and get mbj on the phone, cause someones butthurt...

Shameless plug: www.davidisabeersnob.com

My CJ7 Build Thread
AustinCJer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2010, 01:20 PM   #223
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

This is a build thread and no one cares about what you are or what you think. Please kindly do not post in this thread any longer, so we may continue to watch Marns beautiful Jeep grow into a monster. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #224
offroadzombies
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I never once said anything negative towards Mr. Marn or his beautifull Jeep.
Only questioned his reference to shotty repairs as if a "redneck" is not capable of doing it correctly.
Yeah, this is his thread and the comment was made to him and I quoted " I do not want to start anything".

Carry on........................
Unread 11-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #225
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Had some starting problems this past weekend.

Drove the jeep out to dinner, then 2 hours later it wouldnt turn over, lights wouldnt really come on, radio clock would go out when i turned the key.

Tried to jump it with the girls T-Bird, but no go. Just a click and nothing.

I figured my solenoid was shot or the starter was drawing way to much current or something. Called AAA to get it towed and he showed up, tried to jump it first, and what do ya know, started up after just a second. This was the 2nd time that happened to me.

I drove it home, and shut it off, then instantly tried to start it again. No go. No headlights, no interior lights, no nothing. I figured the battery was shot or there was a problem with the charging system. But the alternator had to be fine, because the truck drives fine when it was started. Weird. And...the battery tested fine at auto zone the week before. I went to bed and stopped worrying.

Woke up and went to work, was gonna bring in the battery and get a new one but first I figured even though the terminals werent corroded I'd give them a clean up. Used a terminal cutter/reamer to scrape them clean. Turns out the positive post had some greasy coating all over it, and so did the positive terminal. As soon as i cut them clean and hooked everything up, it started instantly.

So, kids, even a little bit of grime on the terminals can cause some big problems. I thought my FSJ problems were over for the weekend.

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.