Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 101 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 05-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #1501
73pumpkin
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Hello Marn. Long time no contact. I went back to work for somebody else and have had little time. You may remember that i fiber glass coated my gas tank. so far, it has held up well. This forum has LOTS of good advice for fixing tanks, if you have not looked yet.

73pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #1502
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Alrighty.

Got it welded up.

image-184947176.jpg

Guy so soldered up the frot tube where it has been leaking for years.

image-3161944669.jpg

Got new pickup and sender.

image-3014441315.jpg

The pickup has a hole in the top though, so I had nother buddy weld that up for me real quick.

Since the new pickup has a nipple for a return line, I installed a return line and a new filter with a return nipple obviously.

image-3917189894.jpg

Got everything l back into the truck. Unfortunately my gas gauge still doesn't work :-(

image-172224682.jpg

image-2963312843.jpg

Now to wait for my brake parts to arrive so I can wrap this all up!

Oh and I did some mods on the lil jeep...installed wood grain.

image-837273562.jpg

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 01:42 AM   #1503
gixxerphil
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Oh and I did some mods on the lil jeep...installed wood grain.
Where'd you get this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
can you get a good pic of your muff set up ?
gixxerphil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #1504
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerphil

Where'd you get this?
eBay. They came out this year.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #1505
84_Fiero

1966 FSJ Wagoneer 

Gas tanks are my favorite repair... er make that favorite repair to get behind me... to do to a vehicle. Don't know why but there's always a nice, safe feeling after getting a tank sealed, with new sending units and whatnot. Might be just me... Looks good though! I counted 3 tank sealer puttied-up spots on the bottom of my Waggy's tank.

"Anything that is complex is not useful and anything that is useful is simple. This has been my whole life's motto." –Mikhail Kalashnikov

“And note that it behooves a good Workman to hammer his Work as true as he can; for one quarter of an hour spent at the forge, may save him an hours work at the vice.” Josheph Moxon “Mechanick Exercises” from the year 1703

Nick’s 1966 Wagoneer Build
84_Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #1506
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Still struggling with this brake conversion.

I need to make a new line all the way to the back. Waiting on a proportioning valve to arrive. May hit the junk yard this weekend.

Also I get to drop the tank again to replace that brake line. Oh joy

Unread 05-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #1507
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

I hope you only filled it halfway!
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #1508
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

yeah only 5 gal.

Unread 05-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #1509
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

tank is down again, im going back to my OLD pickup, with no return line, because the new one leaves like 2 gallons in the tank. I put the only one in and tested it and it pulled another good gallon or so.

got the brake line to the rear pulled so i can copy it with 1/4" line. should be pretty easy to make a new one now that i have a template.

Unread 06-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #1510
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well, a little bit of an update. Here's where we are at

Parts are on their way (brake pedal, brake pedal mounting bracket (the steering column mount thing), and the spacer for the brake booster are all on their way, out of a 78 cherokee I think.

Here's where my truck is at:

I started making new brake lines, but I used the incorrect combination of lines that I bought (bought 3, used them in the wrong order) and I kinked the 6' long one while bending it with a pair of tube bending pliers. So much for that tool. I then went to bending the tubes with my hands and that worked about 10x better. I got one tube bent up all perfect (the one that is on the rear cross-member) but I need to add maybe 8" to it, and then I need to re-bend the long one that runs along the side of the frame and stops at the prop valve. Then, I can mount up the prop valve, connect the front lines to that, and then make new lines from the MC to the PV.

I just ordered an MC/Booster combo for a 77 J20, so it's the dual diaphragm booster. That was the cheapest way to do it since I dont have a core to return.

So, maybe maybe maybe next weekend I'll have a truck that can drive and stop.

Unread 06-17-2013, 11:39 PM   #1511
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

progress!

bent all the lower lines and mocked everything up. need to cut the long 1/4" line and the short 1/4" line and re-fare.

Also need to cut and switch fittings on the lower line on the front.

I'll be welding a bolt to the frame to hold the prop valve in place, but all the "out" connections to it are mocked up.

So, after making the aforementioned line cuts/flares, i just need to mount everything thats on its way in the mail, and then make the 2 lines going from the MC to the frame. Easy peasy!

Unread 06-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #1512
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well, Last September y'all may remember I posted a lot of pics from our trip up to Ely, NV for Labor Day. I took a ton of video with a little action camera I bought specifically for the purpose of recording jeepin' adventures.

Well, I never sat down and made the video.

I finally did. 8 months later. This took a while to make, and it's my first try at doing anything like this. So, please, I welcome feedback.

It's a little long, 12 minutes, but has a good soundtrack and some nice scenery! You all know how i post the full 'story' of any of my trips, and i attempted to do the same thing with this video.

I hope you enjoy, and again, please feel free to offer feedback so I can do better next time.

P.S. As usual, youtube butchered the quality, but its not too bad.

Unread 06-19-2013, 01:53 AM   #1513
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

1974+ brake pedal.

1974+ brake pedal/steering column mount bracket thing:

1974+ J20 dual diaphragm booster, mounted to a 1974+ booster bracket (had to drill holes in firewall)

The end is in sight. Now all of the parts i needed are here and installed. just need to finish the lines.

Unread 06-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #1514
84_Fiero

1966 FSJ Wagoneer 

Nice to see some solid progress happening on the Jeep! Having good brakes will be nice, I will have to tackle a brake project on mine one of these days... Watched your video as well, it made my girl and I antsy to take the Wagoneer out camping!! Just think, where you are once you get those lines done you'll never have to touch them again. The same can happen here, but we get (have) to use stainless...

"Anything that is complex is not useful and anything that is useful is simple. This has been my whole life's motto." –Mikhail Kalashnikov

“And note that it behooves a good Workman to hammer his Work as true as he can; for one quarter of an hour spent at the forge, may save him an hours work at the vice.” Josheph Moxon “Mechanick Exercises” from the year 1703

Nick’s 1966 Wagoneer Build
84_Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #1515
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Got one of the lines made....

image-1423587824.jpg

image-2311468360.jpg

image-3545712844.jpg

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.