Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - Page 100 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 05-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #1486
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I'm cheap/poor/dont care, so, oem chevy parts it is.
Use whatever works, says me.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #1487
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

the chevy parts will work because they are exactly the same in every aspect other than the fact that they are about 3" longer, which is desirable. also, they arent in some catalog under "jeep" so they cost about 1/3rd as much.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #1488
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

might as well do something cheap and "fun" in the midst of all this seriously negative crap.

Now i can yell at people when i'm driving.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #1489
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Nice. Train horns next?
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #1490
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Old steering:

image-3154128566.jpg

It was so mucked up I couldn't get the sleeves to budge even with a 2' pipe wrench.

Got new sleeves.

All done. Ready to go under the jeep.

image-1929575464.jpg

image-578522955.jpg

Quote:

Unread 05-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #1491
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

before:

After:

Quote:

Unread 05-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #1492
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hah, I did the same thing with my truck in HS.... great stress relief in walmart parking lots...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
might as well do something cheap and "fun" in the midst of all this seriously negative crap.

Now i can yell at people when I'm driving.

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #1493
balzer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Great looking axle all shiney and black parts.

I am trying to buy an old 2 door cherokee wide track with the 258 and a 4 speed.........
Unread 05-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #1494
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

imageuploadedbyag-free1368381784.760981.jpg
imageuploadedbyag-free1368381803.294111.jpg
imageuploadedbyag-free1368381820.485354.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quote:

Unread 05-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #1495
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

That looks better and nicer than any factory pics I have found yet man. Granted their photos are in lower quality but that is not lost when looking at an iconic piece of American history that is NOT hacked up n jacked up.

Just be glad you're not up in the rust belt, you would have given up the ghost after first getting into it.

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #1496
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Drag jeep?imageuploadedbyag-free1368475436.403289.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quote:

Unread 05-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #1497
06_footy
1977 J-Series Truck 

Dude every time I see your updates. I think to myself "I love this guys jeep".
06_footy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:19 AM   #1498
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

So, last night this happened.

I inadvertently removed a blob of rubbery gasket material (with a jack stand) that was apparently sealing up an existing hole from a previous owner.

Great, these tanks are not available, and the poly tanks are not a "direct" fit, they require quite a bit of effort to get em to work.

Quote:

Unread 05-17-2013, 12:19 AM   #1499
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well, internets, what do we do?

Do I adhere to the "oh noes! your tank is teh old! It must have teh rusts and holeses!"

Or do we go with EVIDENCE?!

Okay, this took 18 minutes (yes, i timed myself)

Once it was on the ground i did a lil inspection.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE HUMANITY! THERE IS RUST EVERYWHERE!

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay but seriously, there was rust. (the chunks you see are remnants of an old fuel sock that is down in the bottom there, i didn't have any tweezers long enough to get it out)

Man, thats bad. How it stays held together in the parking lot is a wonder, forget about on the trails!

Alright, so about an hour and 3 cans of brake cleaner later(who needs beer when you're huffin' that stuff all night), we have a mostly clean tank.

I pumped it full of water to rinse it out, it's getting dropped at a friend's mechanic, who is a freelance type guy. He said he's repaired many a tank, and will clean it up and fix the 2 leaks (the crack and the broken weld at the vent tube) for me for 2 hours labor, at the "friends and family" rate.

So, i should have a repaired tank by Friday night. I'm dropping it off in the AM.

Then it'll take 18 minutes to bolt back up once my new sending unit arrives.

Quote:

Unread 05-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #1500
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yea tank woes!

Keep at it, man.

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.