Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 06-25-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Marn's 73 Wagoneer Thread - Back in action!

Hello!

My name is Dr. Marneaus. You may remember me from such threads as the original "100,000th post wins" and "97 TJ's 'Build Up'" as seen in my signature.

This was the little jeep that could. It inspired many, and gave me many good times. I have kicked myself every day since selling it almost 3 years ago...but everything happens for a reason.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/9...ild-up-335660/

Today I'm coming to you with something a little bit different. I'm no longer a poor college student who daily drives his mildly built TJ.

I'm now a poor college graduate who daily drives what used to be his mom's station wagon, but rolls weekends in a slightly different style.

I picked this up today.

Introducing "THE BEAST" as it has been named by my friends and family.

1973 Wagoneer. Epic.

Okay okay, it's still a station wagon! But I'll be doing more than grocery getting in this beast.

Here's the low down...

The good:
-Part Time 4wd with Warn Hubs up front
-BJ's Offroad 4" Spring lift. Still SUA. Less than a year old.
-33x10.50 BFG KM2's...less than a year old with warranty paperwork.
-It drives fantastically. Had it on the highway all day in he 100+ degree -heat doing 75 keeping up with traffic.
Seats and most of interior is in awesome shape

The bad:

-It has a ton of leaks from what I can tell...but doesn't look like anything too serious.
-Has an auxiliary fuel tank installed, and the original tank is in my back yard. So, I have no idea how big this fuel tank is (only the aux. is in the jeep). There's a switch and whatnot, but I dont know how any of that crap works.
-A little bit of rust, but I'll be trimming it off to fit the tires.
-Bumper rubs tires, i'll put it on and trim it this weekend.
-Buncha gauges don't work. Speedo and fuel and oil work though.
-Headliner is ripped and falling...oh well, gravity happens.
-All weather stripping is dry rotted to hell.
-AC stopped working this past year...I dunno why or what to do.

I'll keep this thread going as I advance down the list.

It already feels GREAT to be back in a jeep. I'm psyched to have this bad boy at my disposal. I think it'll be a lot of fun.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Last edited by Dr. Marneaus; 06-25-2010 at 08:15 PM..
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
Barrows
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nice score! It is good to see you back in a jeep. I have a big soft spot for the old wagoneers and jtrucks. You might want to check out this link for fender trimming tips...http://www.jpmagazine.com/projectbuild/154_0906_project_1973_jeep_j20_pickup/photo_08.html.
Barrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Turns out the bumper fits 100% fine? I'm working on grinding out the front mounts right now to fit some left-over grade 8 hardware. I know its not a load bearing bumper, nor should it be used as a recovery point. I just have the stuff laying around is all.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Bumper! Lookin better already.

Gave my baby a wash...and started a little special something...

Also, pulled the stereo and speaker...anyone know what size this speaker is? How am I going to replace this sucker! haha.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Last edited by Dr. Marneaus; 06-26-2010 at 06:42 PM..
Unread 06-26-2010, 06:27 PM   #5
mikecrts
1983 CJ7 

Looks great already, I love Wagoneers.
Unread 06-26-2010, 06:33 PM   #6
KINGJB
1999 XJ Cherokee 

wheel it
Unread 06-26-2010, 07:03 PM   #7
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I envy you! I can't wait to get an old Wagoneer to fix up.

Looking foward to the progress, I'll be following this very closely.
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #8
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Déjà vu?
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2010, 07:16 PM   #9
tommyxj2000
2000 XJ Cherokee 

im loving it...keep us posted
tommyxj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2010, 12:02 AM   #10
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchrider View Post
Déjà vu?
huh?

Oh and believe me, I'll keep you all posted on everything.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 06-27-2010, 12:08 AM   #11
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You gonna trim the fenders at all? I think if you did a clean job it'd look real good and would fit those 33s a lil better.

Like I said before man, great lookin Jeep!

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2010, 12:38 AM   #12
Bane7962

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I want a Waggy!!!
Working with cars is a little like a really awesome date: you start out expecting this to be something simple and straightforward; four hours later you're laying under her, panting and cursing, and things are a lot more complicated than you thought.

When my Jeep stops making strange noises, I become concerned. That usually means I have to go back and find whatever fell off.
Bane7962 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2010, 12:47 AM   #13
warrior99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach06 View Post
You gonna trim the fenders at all? I think if you did a clean job it'd look real good and would fit those 33s a lil better.

Like I said before man, great lookin Jeep!
I think you should keep it original. Don't hack something that nice up because you never know how it will turn out.

Looks awesome though!
[z] . [z]--O-[z]
warrior99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2010, 04:49 AM   #14
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That is one sweet Jeep Marn. Welcome back to the Jeep life.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2010, 07:33 AM   #15
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I don't know what it is, but the Wagoneer is just one hot Jeep. It is both classic and bad *** at the same time. I can't wait to see that bumper put back on.
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
1973 , build up , dr. marneaus , grand wagoneer , jeep , wagoneer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.