From Mall Crawler To Rock Crawler - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 06-16-2014, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Prestrong
2008 JK Wrangler 

From Mall Crawler To Rock Crawler

Decided to start this thread as a place for me to keep track of my progress on my Jeep build. After shopping for months on what car to buy and driving Toyota Tacoma's, hot hatch backs, mustangs etc.... I decided that it would be a good idea to drive a jeep to see how I liked it, it was perfect. I went home and started the search for my jeep. I test drove countless jeeps before I went into a dealership that had just got in that day a 2007 jeep wrangler and said that if I bought it that day they would make me a great deal. I came home with it that day.

Username: Prestrong (Steve Prefontaine, Lance Armstrong)
Year: 2007
Make: Jeep
Model: Wrangler
Trim: Sport (2-Door)
Color: Flame Red
Mileage: 68,000 (When Bought In March 2014)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The Chrome Wheels are a ton of fun to clean! and I was wondering if anyone knew a good price to sell them at?

[IMG][/IMG]

This is my first car and first manual car and it was a ton of fun to learn how to drive. I would suggest that anyone who buys a car to get a stick.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Mods:
-2" Suspension Lift (Unknown type)
- 2/3" Spacers
- Smittybilt Tubular Chrome Bumpers all round (These have to go they have some dents in them and chrome doesn't get you home.!!
- 2x 3" PIAA lights
- Custom Red accents in interior
- 17" American Racing ATX Wheels
-Good Year Wrangler Duratracts
-Rugged Ridge Sun Shade

Future Mods:
- Smittybilt Src Front Bumper
- Warn Winch
- Smittybilt Rear Bumper
- Poison Sypder Rock Rails
- NIB bushwacker flat fenders
- E-lockers (If my dad will let me mess with the diff.)
- Swaybar Disconnects
- Bedliner Interior (Scared that i will mess up and I don't want to pay $400 to get it done)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-10-2014, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Prestrong
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have not been on this thread in a while but my jeep has gone threw a lot of changes. I have lost all of the chrome! For my birthday my parents got me a XRC 9.5K Smittybilt Winch which seems to have pretty good water proofing which is very important in Houston. To replace my front bumper I went with the Smittybilt SRC front bumper due to its cost and overall appearance.

When I got my bumper and winch installed I headed up to Marble Falls for the weekend. It made me realize how much more I need to do to my jeep. (Ex. Sway bar Quick Disconnects and true rock sliders)

Here are some pictures from marble falls.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20140621_105929.jpg   IMG_20140621_164022.jpg   IMG_20140621_163941.jpg   IMG_20140621_130946.jpg   IMG_20140621_142529.jpg  

Attached Images

post #3 of 9 Old 07-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Donnelly
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looks like fun! Did you end up getting to try out the new winch?

post #4 of 9 Old 07-10-2014, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Prestrong
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnelly View Post
Looks like fun! Did you end up getting to try out the new winch?
Not yet but I will probably use it next week when I go mudding with some friends.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-10-2014, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Prestrong
2008 JK Wrangler 

Got my Olympic Rear Rock Bumper in yesterday and put it on this morning it seems to be built very well and I like the small clean look it has on the back of the jeep. I did not want a bumper that went all the way to the stock fenders because I plan on replacing them sometime.

My next thing I am going to do to my jeep is that I going to get a pair of rock sliders because I go doorless 90% of the time and my dad wants me to have something between me and a car it i get hit on the side then there is something else between me and the car. I am looking at the Rubicon Rock rails or the Poison Spyder Rock Rails.

ALSO if anyone knows where to get a new clip for the windshield wiper at that would be great because I don't want to replace the whole assembly.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20140710_152932.jpg   IMG_20140710_152939.jpg  
Attached Images

post #6 of 9 Old 07-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Fergi_1264
2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Most cars dont fit in between the wheel base of a 2 door jeep...ha!! Rock slides are good if the car goes under you. Look in to tube side doors for protection from impacts with tee-boners!!!
Attached Images

*Live Free or Die Spent*

12 JK SAHARA GECKO GREEN FABTEC 4" 35X12.5, Custom Hood Gecko, DIY trimmed fenders, DIY bumpers, and many more!!
post #7 of 9 Old 07-12-2014, 12:03 AM
Aaleck
2011 JK Wrangler 

Good place to start-- looking forward to see your progress
post #8 of 9 Old 07-13-2014, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Prestrong
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergi_1264 View Post
Most cars dont fit in between the wheel base of a 2 door jeep...ha!! Rock slides are good if the car goes under you. Look in to tube side doors for protection from impacts with tee-boners!!!
Thanks for the information I will look into the tube door for protection.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-28-2014, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Prestrong
2008 JK Wrangler 

I haven't made any large changes to my jeep yet but I have taken it mudding a few times and had to pull a couple of people out. I also got stuck for the first time. I am getting a light bar tmr that I will be used to fish at night and some offroading at night. I am still looking for some rock sliders on CL and am trying to find a good oil pan skid.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20140718_155957.jpg   IMG_20140720_132205.jpg   IMG_20140720_123733.jpg  
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.