A Maine XJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Maine XJ

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Reply
Unread 11-10-2008, 10:41 PM   #16
Higgs98XJ
Senior Member
 
Higgs98XJ's Avatar
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Great Falls, VA
Posts: 511
always will. good work. I'm def gonna keep up on this thread. I've been thinking about trimming and herc'n. I may copy you

__________________
2001 WJ Laredo
4" IRO lift w/ front long arms, Bilstein 5125s, 32" BFG KM2s on JK Moabs

Past: '98 XJ Sport

Last edited by Higgs98XJ; 11-18-2008 at 08:18 AM..
Higgs98XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2008, 06:49 PM   #17
XJclassiciceman
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Central IN
Posts: 124
Good looking rig! I'm just getting going on mine too. I've had it for a while as a driver while I build my mustang into an 800 rwhp & 700+ torque street legal drag monster. Now I am moving to this project and will be on the look out for a new driver if this gets to be more toy than transport

I'm starting small with a 3.5 Rub. exp. lift and will have a similar build thread if I can get enough posts to allow photos
XJclassiciceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 09:11 AM   #18
4pointOH1998
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waterville/Bangor, MAINE
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs98XJ View Post
always will. good work. I'm def gonna keep up on this thread. I've been thinking about trimming and herc'n. I may copy you
Haha sounds like a good plan. I'm going to most likely wait till spring to do my trimming that way I can do some more rust repair while I'm at it
__________________
-Bryan- ΚΔΦ-MΘΣΝΔ
Fighting the rust since April '08...
A Maine XJ Nightcrew!
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 09:12 AM   #19
4pointOH1998
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waterville/Bangor, MAINE
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJclassiciceman View Post
Good looking rig! I'm just getting going on mine too. I've had it for a while as a driver while I build my mustang into an 800 rwhp & 700+ torque street legal drag monster. Now I am moving to this project and will be on the look out for a new driver if this gets to be more toy than transport

I'm starting small with a 3.5 Rub. exp. lift and will have a similar build thread if I can get enough posts to allow photos
Thanks man
Sounds like you have a good plan for yours too. I want a Mustang with that kind of power
__________________
-Bryan- ΚΔΦ-MΘΣΝΔ
Fighting the rust since April '08...
A Maine XJ Nightcrew!
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 09:14 AM   #20
4pointOH1998
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waterville/Bangor, MAINE
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXCarson92 View Post
Maine FTW! Nice Jeep! Where abouts are you located?
Missed this post. Oops

Live in Waterville. Going to college up at Husson in Bangor. What neck of the woods are you from?
__________________
-Bryan- ΚΔΦ-MΘΣΝΔ
Fighting the rust since April '08...
A Maine XJ Nightcrew!
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 01:06 PM   #21
phmaris
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Harrison, Oh
Posts: 384
I have the same plans for the 99 I just aquired.

How much did the OME set you back and where did you get it from? Would you recommend the medium or heavy duty? I have heard the OME lift is better than stock on road. What is your opinion?

And what did you paint the bumpers/trim with?
phmaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 01:41 PM   #22
4pointOH1998
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waterville/Bangor, MAINE
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by phmaris View Post
I have the same plans for the 99 I just aquired.

How much did the OME set you back and where did you get it from? Would you recommend the medium or heavy duty? I have heard the OME lift is better than stock on road. What is your opinion?

And what did you paint the bumpers/trim with?
If I remember correctly the kit cost me about 850 from Quadratec. I went with the medium duty because I usually don't have any kind of extra weight in the rig. If you haul any sort of substantial weight in the Jeep or tow with it, I'd go with the heavy duty

The on road characteristics of mine are better than it was when it was stock. Nowhere near as much body roll. It just feels more stable overall, the shocks are great. It does ride rather stiff though, but I think it's a great kit
__________________
-Bryan- ΚΔΦ-MΘΣΝΔ
Fighting the rust since April '08...
A Maine XJ Nightcrew!
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #23
bingolli
Registered User
1993 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: caracas, venezuela
Posts: 305
nice looking rig! i have very similar plans for mine, except i'm probly going with a junkyard lift. i wish i could get an OME kitfor my 93 but OME doesnt import kits for jeeps here in venezuela only for toyota an nissan and such... anyhoo, nice work!
__________________
'93 sport - 32x11.5 Maxxis Buckshot Mudders - 4 inch homebrew lift - Rancho shocks - Safari Snorkel knockoff - KC slimlites - silverstars - Midland CB - K40 CB antenna - rooftop tent
bingolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 04:02 PM   #24
4pointOH1998
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waterville/Bangor, MAINE
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingolli View Post
nice looking rig! i have very similar plans for mine, except i'm probly going with a junkyard lift. i wish i could get an OME kitfor my 93 but OME doesnt import kits for jeeps here in venezuela only for toyota an nissan and such... anyhoo, nice work!
Thanks a lot man. Good luck with the junkyard lift
__________________
-Bryan- ΚΔΦ-MΘΣΝΔ
Fighting the rust since April '08...
A Maine XJ Nightcrew!
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2008, 11:18 PM   #25
GettingDirty
Registered User
1989 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 62
How much did your rigs upgrade cost you? And I'm interested on the flare painting you did. What all did you use?
GettingDirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2008, 11:52 PM   #26
-Shoey-
Registered User
2003 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Harrisville, West Virginia
Posts: 1,672
Good lookin rig man.
__________________
2003 KJ Limited
USN Jeep Club #115
-Shoey- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 08:54 PM   #27
4pointOH1998
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waterville/Bangor, MAINE
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingDirty View Post
How much did your rigs upgrade cost you? And I'm interested on the flare painting you did. What all did you use?
Rims were around $200. Hooks were $75. Hitch was $200 (had it installed) Lift was $850 IIRC. Tires were used off Craigslist for $375. Baja lights were $25 at walmart.

The paint that is recommended is Krylon Fusion satin black
__________________
-Bryan- ΚΔΦ-MΘΣΝΔ
Fighting the rust since April '08...
A Maine XJ Nightcrew!
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 08:54 PM   #28
4pointOH1998
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waterville/Bangor, MAINE
Posts: 1,776
Thanks for the compliments everyone
__________________
-Bryan- ΚΔΦ-MΘΣΝΔ
Fighting the rust since April '08...
A Maine XJ Nightcrew!
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2008, 06:46 AM   #29
davo19
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: greenville, s.c.
Posts: 134
i cant believe how many sweet rides get posted on here. i missed this for a while. l like it....
__________________
davo19
davo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #30
4pointOH1998
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waterville/Bangor, MAINE
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by davo19 View Post
i cant believe how many sweet rides get posted on here. i missed this for a while. l like it....
Thank ya sir
__________________
-Bryan- ΚΔΦ-MΘΣΝΔ
Fighting the rust since April '08...
A Maine XJ Nightcrew!
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.