Maine-iac XJ part deux - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Maine-iac XJ part deux

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-27-2010, 07:22 AM   #31
bandit455
1997 TJ Wrangler 

how do you like the rough country trackbar/bracket? did it stiffen everything up?

Eagle scout jeeper #10

my build thread
The Things We Make, Make Us
bandit455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2010, 10:26 PM   #32
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit455 View Post
how do you like the rough country trackbar/bracket? did it stiffen everything up?
It works. It didn't stiffen anything up, but it does make lots of noises. The torque specs in the instructions basically have to be doubled if you want it to work without moving around. It's good for a budget and a mild rig but not the best choice. I'd suggest the IRO trackbar. (I got the trackbar at wholesale price, with connections, that's why I'm rocking it. )

The rocker project got pushed back a little, I'm a fireman and there was a fire in the town over so I took 4 hours off this afternoon to go play. Just a trailer though, but they stopped it. I got to pull ceiling looking for extension, so I had fun.

But I'm basically done the passenger side, need to do some finish work. For some unknown reason the trigger stopped working on the welder, not sure if there's a hidden fuse but I was tired at that point so I packed up shop and called it quits for the day. I'm going to try and do the drivers side tomorrow before I go back to school, assuming I can fix the welder.
4.5" lift of assorted brands, 33x10.5 KM2s on D-Windows, JCR rear bumper, Nates Slimline w/Champion 8k winch, custom half doors, roof rack, and tire carrier, Maine Woods dents and pin striping, and various other cool things.
www.maine4x4.org Maine Jeep Club Member #1 Firefighter Jeep Club Member Black Jeep Society Member #163Survivalist Jeep Club Member #14
1996BlackXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #33
VTEK1
1999 XJ Cherokee 

1996Black XJ, I heard good things about the IRO trackbar. I'm using the JKS trackbar, install was a bit of a PIA but mostly from a mistake I made. XJ looking good and venting buildings is always fun, I'm an EMT so I work very close with YOUR kind. hahaha. Come up north to Bangor sometime and come wheeling.

Black Beast Build

MΘΣΝΔ ΚΘΒΦΘΡ
VTEK1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #34
CTeunuch
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Sharp looking XJ, I really like the half doors. I've been thinking of it myself, and after seeing yours I can't wait to do mine. Where in Maine are you? If you're not far from NH/MA we should wheel sometime. That is if I ever finish my jeep...

EDIT: Saw what you said about the welder. Not sure about yours, but the Miller I use is just a 2 wire switch in the gun, its real easy to take apart and check with a meter.
99XJ 4.0/AW4/HP30/8.25 build coming soon...
www.undergroundjeeps.net
CTeunuch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2010, 11:07 AM   #35
fla_cracker
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Hows that rocker project goin? Would like to see some pics......

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2Fix View Post
"somewhere between really crappy and kind-of-crappy gas mileage."
fla_cracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #36
jsc7002
1966 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla_cracker View Post
Hows that rocker project goin? Would like to see some pics......
X2!! Lookin good so far!
Unread 11-08-2010, 05:07 AM   #37
gonejeepin04220
1995 XJ Cherokee 

howd those rockers come out? and what did you did with the floor as i could see in a picture the unibody was seperated from the floor. i have the same problem and looking for ideas
"my xj is so horny, sometimes im scared itll came right up in a wheelie"
gonejeepin04220 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #38
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Wow, so yeah.

Better late than never to update this, eh?

Let's update a few things here:

IRO Hack 'n Tap...goes great, very impressed. 0 vibes anymore.

HD Rockers, I got both replaced last fall but neglected to update this thread. I don't frequent JF as much anymore, I spend most of my time on my local 4x4 club's forum. (Being a staff member and all, keeps my time occupied more over there)

Pictures: (Not running the 31s anymore, still rocking the 33 KM2s)

Cut up some 1.5"x1/8" angle for "brackets"

I then took the 2x4 and tacked the brackets on the bottom so I could put the rocker up into place then tack the brackets, cut the other tacks, then fully weld the brackets into place on the inner wall. (Worked great to brace the overall rocker)

Brackets welded up for the most part. It's just sheet metal that I welded to so I couldn't go too crazy with the welds.

Then I put the 2x4 back in and welded that up.

And pounded the upper rocker down and welded that, then covered it with some bondo to clean it up a bit. This photo shows the clearances, etc.

Finished product.

And of course, I had to make sure they worked correctly.

Yes, that's both tires off the ground. (I chocked the wheels, for you safety gurus)
4.5" lift of assorted brands, 33x10.5 KM2s on D-Windows, JCR rear bumper, Nates Slimline w/Champion 8k winch, custom half doors, roof rack, and tire carrier, Maine Woods dents and pin striping, and various other cool things.
www.maine4x4.org Maine Jeep Club Member #1 Firefighter Jeep Club Member Black Jeep Society Member #163Survivalist Jeep Club Member #14
Unread 02-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #39
Jmalone9
2001 XJ Cherokee 

those half doors are awesome, maybe somewhere down the road for me... how are the KM2's holding up for you? I'm upgrading to 32" KM2's soon, just wondering how the tread ware is going for you?
Jmalone9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2011, 07:51 AM   #40
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmalone9 View Post
those half doors are awesome, maybe somewhere down the road for me... how are the KM2's holding up for you? I'm upgrading to 32" KM2's soon, just wondering how the tread ware is going for you?
The tread is holding up fine, and I expect a lot of miles out of them. I think I have somewhere in the ball park of 6-8,000 miles on them and they haven't worn too much. If I run them down to near the wear bars I'd say I could get 40,000 no problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.