So, a little updating is in order.
Put a hole in one of my new KM2s.
It was fun though, probably should have been aired down more, I was at 15psi and I was going up a 100% rock filled hill climb. I was following some friends with 34s and 35s locked front and rear so I had to push my Jeep, made it though! (and I'm on 33s open/open)
My plan is to buy a new tire, get this one patched/re-vulcanized at a truck tire shop and use it for a full size spare. Not sure on the price of that, though. I swapped on my spare 31in ATs for now until I get everything sorted out.
Funniest thing was I had read all this stuff about the KM2s having soft sidewalls and not being any better than the old KMs. Weird.
But I never read that stuff until AFTER I bought them. I guess I'll have to stop trying to be a rock buggy.
Other than that I've ordered some Brown Dog Motor Mounts in the poly bushing flavor, my factory mounts have 218,000 miles on them and they are shot!
And I started my HD rocker replacement mod, my inspection sticker runs out in August so I'm a little behind schedule but a few days into September isn't a problem.
Some pics of the progress,
Passenger side rocker, dented, smashed, and slightly rotten.
Most of it cut out
Opened up. I still need to cut out the pinch seam, I'll be welding some 1.5" angle iron against the floor facing outward and I'll attach the 2x4x1/8" box tube to that, then weld the top portion of the rocker to the tube as well for even more support.
I got a deal on 9 feet of 2x4 tube but I needed about 10 feet so I added 5inches to each length by using some scrap 1.5x3" tube I had laying around. Put them side by side and welded it up. The empty 1 inch space will be on the inside so no one will ever know.
Hopefully I'll finish this whole project tomorrow, if not then Saturday at the most.