Maine-iac XJ part deux - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Maine-iac XJ part deux

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-04-2010, 03:52 PM   #16
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsrock View Post
what size are the tires?
33x10.5

More pics will be up in just a minute.

4.5" lift of assorted brands, 33x10.5 KM2s on D-Windows, JCR rear bumper, Nates Slimline w/Champion 8k winch, custom half doors, roof rack, and tire carrier, Maine Woods dents and pin striping, and various other cool things.
www.maine4x4.org Maine Jeep Club Member #1 Firefighter Jeep Club Member Black Jeep Society Member #163Survivalist Jeep Club Member #14
1996BlackXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #17
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Pics:

I hit the front bumper with a quick coat of fresh paint, as well as the axles. I think it helped make the Jeep look cleaner now that it sits higher.

The tire carrier isn't on right now because I found that one of the welds did not penetrate enough to be safe so I'll get to that in a few days.

4.5" lift of assorted brands, 33x10.5 KM2s on D-Windows, JCR rear bumper, Nates Slimline w/Champion 8k winch, custom half doors, roof rack, and tire carrier, Maine Woods dents and pin striping, and various other cool things.
www.maine4x4.org Maine Jeep Club Member #1 Firefighter Jeep Club Member Black Jeep Society Member #163Survivalist Jeep Club Member #14
Unread 07-06-2010, 09:45 PM   #18
MXCarson92
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That is one sexy XJ, looks awesome!

2003 Chevy 2500HD | 6.0 w/ 4.10s | Keys | H2 Wheels/315 BFG's
98 TJ SE | 3.75" Rough Country | 33x12.5x15 DC Mud Country | Cobra 19DX/Firestik 4' | IPF X4 | Genright Steering Box Skid - SOLD

ΦΚΣ
My Build
MXCarson92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2010, 07:38 AM   #19
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXCarson92 View Post
That is one sexy XJ, looks awesome!
Thank you sir!

I've noticed I've been turning a lot more heads now that my tires look bigger than stock when I drive down the road. I went a lot of places offroad with those 30s but wow 33s kick ***!
Unread 07-07-2010, 08:59 AM   #20
RKaiser5
1998 XJ Cherokee 

That looks amazing, mine will look exactly like that with 32x11.50 KM2's i'm custom making my tire rack also. without the doors being cut.
RKaiser5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #21
garretmcd
1998 XJ Cherokee 

how are they km2's on the road? is their a fair amount of vibes and road noise.
garretmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2010, 01:16 PM   #22
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by garretmcd View Post
how are they km2's on the road? is their a fair amount of vibes and road noise.
Actually not much at all. They have a nice little hum to them, nothing near a TSL or the likes, though. They're a little bit louder than my old Cooper STTs but the Coopers had a tread pattern designed to make as little noise as possible.

They aren't murdering my gas mileage/acceleration with 3.55s as much as I thought either. (I don't floor it very much anyways)
Unread 08-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #23
VTEK1
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Looking good man, I'm a sucker for black XJs hahahhaha. You should come wheeling some time up in PV. Would love to see that thing in action. If you don't mind me asking where you got your tries. I'm riding stock still with a 3 inch lift. I knew it would look a little silly but I'm getting a little sick of it already.

Black Beast Build

MΘΣΝΔ ΚΘΒΦΘΡ
VTEK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #24
countrythang
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Man your rig looks very nice. I am in love with the KM2's. I really like the half doors though, Did you make them? I would like to get some of the newer style doors as an upgrade, then make my stock ones into half doors.

It definitely is a Jeep thing, but its a country thang.... you wouldn't understand....

jeepyjpsu- "I bet my cousins power wheel barbie jeep gets more "off road" time than that. She drives in the yard."

[quote=TYphoonXJ;9869020]Hahaha exactly :) 5.5" and no SYE or TC drop = more vibrations than pamela anderson could handle[/quote]
countrythang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 08:17 PM   #25
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEK1 View Post
Looking good man, I'm a sucker for black XJs hahahhaha. You should come wheeling some time up in PV. Would love to see that thing in action. If you don't mind me asking where you got your tries. I'm riding stock still with a 3 inch lift. I knew it would look a little silly but I'm getting a little sick of it already.
I would like to ride with PV4 sometime, I think I'm going to make it to the Rocky Mountain Park ride for a day but not positive on that yet.

The tires came from Sam's Club. If I remember right it was $750 for all 4. (But you need the membership to buy them though, that's $35/yr I think.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrythang View Post
Man your rig looks very nice. I am in love with the KM2's. I really like the half doors though, Did you make them? I would like to get some of the newer style doors as an upgrade, then make my stock ones into half doors.
I can't take full credit for the doors, but yes they're custom. I know a guy who had started them, but only got so far as cutting them and doing some small welding but when I got them the welds were mostly broken. (he used a small welder that didn't work very well) I basically finished them, I had to get some brackets off some other doors, things like that. It's actually very easy to swap the doors, the speakers have a quick connect plug so that's no problem.

Oh, and I guess I'll put a few more pics up. I haven't done any hardcore wheeling for a few weeks but there are plenty of wheeling trips going on for the fall. I'm in the process of getting another inspection sticker on it so that's taking my extra money.

Unread 08-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #26
VTEK1
1999 XJ Cherokee 

ya my family has a BJs club membership and hopefully I can find something. I already have one 31 BFG A/T on those same rims you have. but I like the red and blue pinstripe hahahaha. looking forward to some wheeling. gotta get bryan going again.

Black Beast Build

MΘΣΝΔ ΚΘΒΦΘΡ
Unread 08-13-2010, 05:38 AM   #27
4pointOH1998
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'll be in Bangor in a few weeks. Then I'll frequent the trails again.
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #28
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I liked the red and blue strip when I had the whitewalls out but now that I put them in I think it looks better with all black.
Unread 08-26-2010, 08:07 PM   #29
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

So, a little updating is in order.

Put a hole in one of my new KM2s. It was fun though, probably should have been aired down more, I was at 15psi and I was going up a 100% rock filled hill climb. I was following some friends with 34s and 35s locked front and rear so I had to push my Jeep, made it though! (and I'm on 33s open/open)

My plan is to buy a new tire, get this one patched/re-vulcanized at a truck tire shop and use it for a full size spare. Not sure on the price of that, though. I swapped on my spare 31in ATs for now until I get everything sorted out.

Funniest thing was I had read all this stuff about the KM2s having soft sidewalls and not being any better than the old KMs. Weird. But I never read that stuff until AFTER I bought them. I guess I'll have to stop trying to be a rock buggy.

Other than that I've ordered some Brown Dog Motor Mounts in the poly bushing flavor, my factory mounts have 218,000 miles on them and they are shot!

And I started my HD rocker replacement mod, my inspection sticker runs out in August so I'm a little behind schedule but a few days into September isn't a problem.

Some pics of the progress,

Passenger side rocker, dented, smashed, and slightly rotten.

Most of it cut out

Opened up. I still need to cut out the pinch seam, I'll be welding some 1.5" angle iron against the floor facing outward and I'll attach the 2x4x1/8" box tube to that, then weld the top portion of the rocker to the tube as well for even more support.

I got a deal on 9 feet of 2x4 tube but I needed about 10 feet so I added 5inches to each length by using some scrap 1.5x3" tube I had laying around. Put them side by side and welded it up. The empty 1 inch space will be on the inside so no one will ever know.

Hopefully I'll finish this whole project tomorrow, if not then Saturday at the most.
Unread 08-27-2010, 07:15 AM   #30
VTEK1
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Bryan just got done replacing his not too long ago, can't wait for more pics. good luck man.

Black Beast Build

MΘΣΝΔ ΚΘΒΦΘΡ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.