MAGNUM FORCE, a Mopar man's build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > MAGNUM FORCE, a Mopar man's build

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #46
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

so then you can run pump gas nice!

Unread 10-13-2012, 06:13 AM   #47
Copperhead89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
so then you can run pump gas nice!
Absolutely. If it had aluminum heads, I could have run another full point to a point and a half more compression.
Unread 10-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #48
Copperhead89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woods9898 View Post
thats a huge project, good luck
You should have seen my last project. Just to cite one example, I had to completely cut out the firewall, and move it back 2.5" just to fit the engine in. This Jeep project is a walk in the park compared to that one.
Unread 10-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #49
contdevelop
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Great choice on the CJ front end...i admit i was disappointed with the YJ at first, but after reading you are making a killer jeep!! Cant wait to see more. How hard was it to keep the frame square since you built the back half?
contdevelop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #50
Copperhead89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by contdevelop View Post
Great choice on the CJ front end...i admit i was disappointed with the YJ at first, but after reading you are making a killer jeep!! Cant wait to see more. How hard was it to keep the frame square since you built the back half?
Thanks, man. About keeping the frame square, I just took my time, and kept measuring from various body mounting points, and using an angle finder, sometimes two of them. I'm a mechanical designer by trade, so the frame work, particularly maintaining the proper geometry of it, wasn't too difficult for me.
Unread 10-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #51
Copperhead89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

My engine builder sent me some progress pics. The bullet is almost done! We'll be breaking her in on the dyno in a week or two.

Unread 10-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #52
Copperhead89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Bilstein 5125's for the rear came in today. The 5165's that I ordered for the front are on national back order. I'm hoping that I'll get them before Christmas.

Unread 10-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #53
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet!!!! Subbed for Mopar Madness!!!!

My idea of help from the man above is a sniper on the roof.
Diverdown87 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #54
1Badboy
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Enjoyed your build progress...Sub'd
1Badboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #55
Copperhead89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The T-Bird electric fan came in today. I laid it on the radiator the typical way (top side up), and saw how much it covered the side tanks, along with one of the hose tubes. For kicks, I rotated it 90º, and BAM!!, it instantly became an absolutely perfect fit between the side tanks. I'm going to mount it like that, but first, I need to shorten the now bottom portion of the shroud as much as possible, and then close it off and seal it. Better to have the hacked part on the bottom where it won't be noticeable. Of course, the four useless mounting ears will need to go, too.

Unread 10-19-2012, 06:53 AM   #56
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead89 View Post
The T-Bird electric fan came in today. I laid it on the radiator the typical way (top side up), and saw how much it covered the side tanks, along with one of the hose tubes. For kicks, I rotated it 90º, and BAM!!, it instantly became an absolutely perfect fit between the side tanks. I'm going to mount it like that, but first, I need to shorten the now bottom portion of the shroud as much as possible, and then close it off and seal it. Better to have the hacked part on the bottom where it won't be noticeable. Of course, the four useless mounting ears will need to go, too.

When doing the shroud mod I would measure and cut a strip from it to try and splice it back together using the bottom part of the shroud for a more factory seal and not have to fab some sort of lip for it to fit the bottom of the radiator like it does the top.

Would be kind of a pain but it is possible.

My idea of help from the man above is a sniper on the roof.
Diverdown87 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2012, 11:37 AM   #57
bigdhamYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Oh man... This rig looks to be coming along nicely! I love that color orange man, you should repaint it that color once you get it all back together! Looking forward to watching this one.
bigdhamYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #58
Copperhead89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdhamYJ View Post
Oh man... This rig looks to be coming along nicely! I love that color orange man, you should repaint it that color once you get it all back together! Looking forward to watching this one.
No go on the orange paint. Whenever I see an orange vehicle, I see it as a 4 wheeled pumpkin. At this point, I'm going with Intense Blue Pearl. I like red, but there's a million red Jeeps, and I'm wanting to do a color that isn't common.
Unread 10-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #59
bigdhamYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Mmm yea go with blue! Everybody loves a good blue jeep! My blue YJ and my buddy's blue CJ7 behind mine. Looking forward to seeing the rest if your build!
image-3312957675.jpg  
bigdhamYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #60
topalmer4
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I will second the blue idea plus it goes along with the mopar emblem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.