M 94 Red YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > M 94 Red YJ

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 04-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
mbeck94
1977 CJ7 

M 94 Red YJ

So now that my old XJ has gone to my sister I got a YJ! Picked it up on Thursday April 28th 2011 and around 8:30 at night. Heres some basic specs and one pic, More when its light out

99,000 miles
5 speed
4 cyl
3 different tires, haha
red
hard top and full doors
a crappy stereo the PO put in
Nice interior

oh and I only paid $3,000

so far I have put a new battery in, new plugs, and a general pb blasting of things

To DO:
4.0 TB
Spacer
exhaust needs work
untangle the mess of wires the PO made
fix all the rust and repaint
lift
tires
soft top
bumpers
herc the tub, after replacing the floor which is non existant
por 15 the frame
some lights and probably a light bar
rack for kayak
paint flares, or get new ones, haven't decided
LED gauges and interior lights cause its so dark
More im sure

SO this should be interesting but a pretty typical build.

too cold to work any more tonight, however I got the new battery and plugs in, fixed the heat and temp linkage, PB Blasted some misc. things. A good once over looking for rust and other problems. aimed the headlights because you could see around a 90 degree turn with them. and thats about it.
More to come

img_0527.jpg  
mbeck94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #2
mbeck94
1977 CJ7 

well that picture worked out well huh? Ill take some in the morning
Unread 05-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
mbeck94
1977 CJ7 

Long time since an update, lots has been done. New floor pan, and drivers side rocker welded in, rocker fiberglassed and bondo'd and sanded, primed, ready for paint. All the flares are off thanks to the air hammer and those are painted and cleaned up. Over the long weekend I plan to fix the passenger side rocker and hopefully fix my frame hole.

I WILLL take pictures tomorrow.

comments and suggestions go below.
77 CJ- sold
Unread 05-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #4
Jeeperez
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Lookin' good. Can't wait to see s'more pictures

[QUOTE=daverubino;10133980]Sell your YJ???? Why would anyone do that. You dont sell YJ's you just keep them until they become parts heeps for your next one.[/QUOTE]
Jeeperez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2011, 11:29 PM   #5
Mark-96-XJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

More updates, more pictures. Pwease?

[CENTER][COLOR="Green"]1996 XJ 5 Speed, 100% Herculined, Rough country 4.5, BFG A/T 33's[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="DarkRed"]2012 Honda Ruckus, Stock for now, 114 MPG, Daily Rider[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/marks-highschool-build-slow-1068542/"][COLOR="Red"]96' Build[/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
Mark-96-XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.