Ludski & The Black Widow - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Ludski & The Black Widow

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 09-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #31
ludski
2009 JK Wrangler 

I then was going to sell the Jeep. so returned her to stock. so i could pick up a new 2012 sport on payments. but after being screwed over by a buyer, decided ill just keep this Jeep till the diesel is released.

then more recently. Got asked to show the Jeep for SEMA this year. So trying to get the Jeep show worthy.

poison spyder rocker knockers
poison spyder BFH trail tinger
traded my 3.5" for my buddies 2.5" (kept my 6" shocks)
took off the body lift
sold the AEV control arm brackets
buddy gave me a smittybilt CRES net top
home made mesh screen top
put in a 3rd row seat from a TJ
pulled off the rollcage covering and painted bare metal (preparing for aftermarket rollcage)

had to fix a fuel line problem. a buddy got me a late birthday present 2 Dually LEDs with diffusion lenses on them. so through them on as my reverse lights. bought back my old subs from my buddy. and got a temp sub box he made till i fiberglass my own. and will be upgrading to 2 10" CVT kicker subs. homemade bump stops (hockey pucks)

Unread 09-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #32
ludski
2009 JK Wrangler 

made my own paracord grab handles.

first design (black and camo were the only ones that cabellas had)

second design (black base, black widow on top)

Unread 09-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #33
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Okay that's two things have me curious now...tailgate, and what size is/are your amp(s), and are they mounted inside of the box you built below your rear seat? That design inhibits your seat from folding flat now, or no?
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #34
ludski
2009 JK Wrangler 

home made drop down tailgate. all parts from home depot. at first i just used a fence hinge, so i could get it all in working order, was planning on then getting some hood hinges (so it would look stock) they could hold 150lbs before they would start to bend (fence hinges). ended up taking it off because i was planning on selling the jeep.

The nut holding my driveshaft at the transfercase end blew out. and my driveshaft fell while i was 70 miles from home (atving all day) so ended up pulling it off on the side of the tollway. tom woods sent me a new one free of charge. without me even asking him to. he sent it, and then called me and told me he sent it.

Unread 09-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #35
ludski
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutup Oprah View Post
Okay that's two things have me curious now...tailgate, and what size is/are your amp(s), and are they mounted inside of the box you built below your rear seat? That design inhibits your seat from folding flat now, or no?
^posted about tailgate.

and for amp, there are many places you can mount them. a 12x12" amp will fit under the passenger dash by their feet, upside down (out of the way) or you can cut out the back of your glove compartment and mount one in there (Same size)

i just bought a cheapo boss one that i am putting on the center of the sub box on the top side (left enough space between box and the seat to fit one there)

and yes, the seats can no longer fold down with that under there.
Unread 09-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #36
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Right on, thanks man. Tailgate gives me some good ideas
Unread 09-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #37
ludski
2009 JK Wrangler 

for future reference, if i could do it again, i would make sure i put the wire that holds the tailgate BELOW the latching part of the tub.

because everytime i closed it, the wire would get jammed between the tailgate the locking latch.
Unread 09-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #38
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludski View Post
for future reference, if i could do it again, i would make sure i put the wire that holds the tailgate BELOW the latching part of the tub.

because everytime i closed it, the wire would get jammed between the tailgate the locking latch.
hahaha, hate when you look over those little things

I just happened to have bought a full set of bubbled up stock hinges from a guy for $40. Was going to sandblast, paint, and sell, but perhaps I'll find a way to use these for this
Unread 09-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #39
ludski
2009 JK Wrangler 

now, the hood hinges (like i wanted) are different than reg door hinges. the hood ones have a bend that would go perfectly with the bottom of tailgate and the tub (since they arent level with each other)

if you want to use stock door hinges, youll have to make some sort of 1" (or so) spacer so the mounts sit level.
Unread 09-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #40
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludski View Post
now, the hood hinges (like i wanted) are different than reg door hinges. the hood ones have a bend that would go perfectly with the bottom of tailgate and the tub (since they arent level with each other)

if you want to use stock door hinges, youll have to make some sort of 1" (or so) spacer so the mounts sit level.
Sounds like I'll sell the door hinges and buy the hood hinges
Unread 09-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #41
ludski
2009 JK Wrangler 

and make sure to reinforce the inner (and outer if you choose) of the bottom of tailgate, as its not incredibly thick.

swagoffroad makes a drop down tailgate kit, but its $300+

i based mine off of his, but with homedepot parts.
Unread 09-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #42
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Yeah a lot of the kitted crap for the JK costs a small fortune, and is comprised of inexpensive, hardware store parts.
Unread 09-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #43
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

At least your bump stops are set up correctly. That's probably more than most modified JK owners can say.

And it doesn't look like you have a quick-disconnect bracket for the fire extinguisher. You'll never get that thing pulled in time if you ever have to actually use it.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #44
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austeezy View Post
Haha it's pretty pathetic how many grown men take time out of their day to flame kids with nice jeeps (sick jeeps in this case). Jealousy isn't a good color on any of ya'll haha.
Im 20 years old. Jealous? Na, its obvious he was just handed this.

His signature should read "Bought, Not Built #1"
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #45
ludski
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
At least your bump stops are set up correctly. That's probably more than most modified JK owners can say.

And it doesn't look like you have a quick-disconnect bracket for the fire extinguisher. You'll never get that thing pulled in time if you ever have to actually use it.
the top is held on by a velcro strap. so it comes off in a matter of seconds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJXJ91 View Post
Im 20 years old. Jealous? Na, its obvious he was just handed this.

His signature should read "Bought, Not Built #1"
too bad i did buy AND build it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.