Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

LT-J Dos... Nope.

32K views 185 replies 40 participants last post by  Hendrix 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Finally!

Boatside it!

#7 ·
This one is being built to see Colorado and without the use of a trailer. I am going to build it to be comfortable on longer highway drives but still very capable once we leave the pavement. L-TJ was very capable off-road but on road was lacking.
So the build plan is pretty basic. It revolves around the use of 32-33" tires which makes things easy, even more so starting with a Rubicon.
I have already removed the BB and the BL & MML are coming out next. Suspension will be 0-1" lift in the rear and 2-3" in the front. Nothing fancy, just dialed in to work well on both highway and off-road.
Fuel tank skid, AEV/Nth transfer case - trans and oil pan skids, HD steering and diff covers.
Basic stuff, I cant wait to get it started though. :cool:

Oh yeah, and of course BOATSIDES!

#10 ·
I am going to build it to be comfortable on longer highway drives but still very capable once we leave the pavement.
So the build plan is pretty basic. It revolves around the use of 32-33" tires which makes things easy, even more so starting with a Rubicon.
Nothing fancy, just dialed in to work well on both highway and off-road.
hmmm....33s, basic, low lift, highway/off-road mix, sounds familiar :D Can't wait to see what you get worked up!

I notice you went with a 6-speed this time :rofl: Let me know if you need help wrenching. Would be good to chat again. :cheers:

We definitely need to hit the trails this year....should be an early season with how little snow is up there.

#22 ·
I used TJ LD OME's in the rear of L-TJ and TereFlex 3" in the front. That combo worked perfect with no BL and 37's. That is the set-up that I was running when I sold it and by far the best out of the NINE different combos that I tried. I also plan on trying that set-up on The Rubicon when that time comes.
This Jeep has reminded me of what I really love about TJ's. They are just fun to drive and I need a rig that is FUN (not just tolerable) to drive on the street.

Sean,

Good to see you around with a new Rubi. You need anything at all let me know. Life looks like it has taken a turn for the better.

Gerald
Turn for the better is a good way of putting it.;) I had a "bad taste", so to speak, about the whole "Jeep thing" for a while but that has passed. I just needed to get away from it all for a while.
Though this build will be minimal, I do plan on using parts that you just happen to produce and that just happen to be engineered by one of the best in the business, Mr. B... I will be in touch, Thanks Gerald.

#28 ·
Man, I dont even remember my jeep being that clean. Nice Sean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.