LS1 DD softcore sleeper juggy - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > LS1 DD softcore sleeper juggy

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONS

Unread 04-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #106
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crateampscal View Post

fair enough. lol I just remembered that the Savvy guys ran a flat skid on their KOH rig with the LS engine. I could always ask gerald. and here i thought the US only made ridiculous regulations lol.

with that being said, im really happy to see someone who has done this in a very clean, very complete way. i like how you got the gauges, electric fan working and actually putting a decent exhaust on.

WELL DONE, SIR!
Glad you like it. Thanks!

The second most restrictive authority is the wife actually ... the TJ is her DD (or was ... loool) and it is always hell to get her used to any mod I do ... (and if I remove anything later she gets mad as well).
The only way to do the swap was keeping it "wife friendly"! I am still worried about her getting used to the V8 ... ahhemm.

chmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #107
oalali
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Did she drag race anyone yet ?
Unread 04-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #108
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalali View Post
Did she drag race anyone yet ?
LOL ... before the swap she jumped off a traffic light. She did not notice the police car was stopping beside her ...
When they caught up with her they could not hide their grin after realizing the female driver ... hehehe.

I'd rather not picture what she will do with the LS1 powered "sluggy" ...
Unread 05-06-2013, 01:08 AM   #109
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

UPDATE:

my spal fan which came from Novak (as part of their Radiator/shroud/fan combo) a year ago and has been working fine since last September failed on me last weekend.

was running with A/C all morning for about 5 hours ... the ECU switches fan to full time on when A/C is switched on.

on the last km's coming back home from the desert I noticed a creeping increase in coolant temps on the high way ... 210 ... 220 ... 230 ... I slowed down ... baaaam ... shooting up to 260 ... so I immediately rolled to a halt and noticed the fan been OFF and the overflow bottle boiling. I switched off the ignition and let it cool down for 30 mins.

It turned out not only the 60amps fuse of my Spal FRH-HO kit (spal high output wiring harness with HO relay) was gone but the wires coming out of the fan motor melted to the motor housing.

after the coolant reaching safe temperatures again switched off A/C, heater ON and full vent I managed to drive the Heep to the next workshop avoiding city traffic and another overheat.

upon inspection of my Spal VA33-AP71/LL-65A the motor inside turns out to be fried
... and I thought all genuine Spal fans are made in Italy and hassle free!?!?

because of the lack of Taurus/Mark VIII fans here and because of the Heep being a DD I ordered the strongest Spal fan from a local conversion shop which they have on stock here (it has a slightly bigger and stronger motor) ... really curious how the new VA33-AP91/LL-65A will hold up.
Unread 05-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #110
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

My new VA33-AP91/LL-65A came in a Spal box today ... Spal Italy explicitly mentioned.

Seems like this slightly thicker motor with the slightly higher throughput and current draw is a european model.

Fan went in today ... after repairing some of the fan FRH-HO wiring harness ... (my test with a bridged fuse box probably damaged some of the wires).
A test of the heavy duty HO relay showed nothing to worry about ... but somehow I am still worried ... might want to order the HO relay again

But: Sluggy alive again ...

Did ANY ONE experience anything bad with Spal fans/harness lately?

Are Spal fans good for full duty cycles?
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #111
TheDoc25

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok simple question, this weekend I drove all over Dubai trying to find AEV. Didn't find it, the coords for their shop tried to place me in the water near Atlantis... They show a replacement K&N filter on their webpage.
I need a new K&N Airfilter for the TJ. Cool air type cone shape with about 3-4" inlet.

Do you know where I can get a new filter, I went to Offroadzone but they only had the whole kit, not spare filter elements.

Thanks,
Nick
TheDoc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #112
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc25 View Post
Ok simple question, this weekend I drove all over Dubai trying to find AEV. Didn't find it, the coords for their shop tried to place me in the water near Atlantis... They show a replacement K&N filter on their webpage.
I need a new K&N Airfilter for the TJ. Cool air type cone shape with about 3-4" inlet.

Do you know where I can get a new filter, I went to Offroadzone but they only had the whole kit, not spare filter elements.

Thanks,
Nick
Ok ... there are two coordinates on the AEV.ae website:
N25 09.544, E055 14.285 is their workshop
N25 09.488, E055 13.866 is their showroom <- !

Either of the coordinates simply pasted to maps.google.ae works JUST fine.

Anyway ... I personally did not visit them for quite a while and usually buy from either "http://www.icon-auto.com/ef.html" (N25 09.602, E055 14.338) (aFe!) or "http://www.ramy4x4.com/category.php?id_category=28" (K&N).
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:59 PM   #113
TheDoc25

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Great thanks, I new you would have an alternative..
Really appreciate it.

Nick
TheDoc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 11:16 PM   #114
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

One year after:

My 5.7 LS1 / 4L60E / Bilstein+OME+Currie suspension combo is keeping up with all those 285-300 HP 4x4s around me (well ... sometimes topping them ... it's a TJ )
Before with my 4.0 I6L / 42RLE some maneuvers were not possible ... not enough juice

In the most amazing dunes of the empty quarter :

Unread 10-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #115
2trucks
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, those are some great times! A bit different than rock crawling in Moab. Thanks for posting!
Unread 10-12-2013, 04:46 AM   #116
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

u r welcome!
As much as I am enjoying this roller blade half pipe style here I really admire those big boulder crawls you guys do!
Especially if I watch clips of experienced people choosing their lines without spotter and how suspension and weight shifting are working to get vehicle and driver "safe" over some crazy pile of brutal rocks. Looks like adrenaline too

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 10-13-2013, 02:12 AM   #117
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Wow, great build thread and nice rig! From your video, it looks like it would be fairly easy to roll a vehicle out there. Wild ride!
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 03:49 AM   #118
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

yup ... three years ago I took a nose dive with my first TJ and had a hard landing on the roof.
Too much speed and taking off coming straight over one of those sharp crests.

Since then I have learnt a lot ... and actually in the video I am going muuuch slower the the beast could do. LOL

Thats why my beast is named SLUGGY and not lightning ... it is the custom muscle chopper/cruiser TJ among the ordinary jeeps in our club

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 10-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #119
oalali
1998 TJ Wrangler 

How does it compare to the VTCs and Pentastars in the group ?
Unread 10-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #120
MG97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice build! I' like the way that you maintained the stock transfer case loaction. I plan on doing the same with the novak adapter out back and fabbing my own engine bracket using the range rover mount as you have. Two questions, I see you have a body lift listed earlier in your build, is that something you had to do for firewall clearance or for other reasons? Do you think there is enough firewall clearance using the stock tc location with no body lift? Thanks
MG97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4l60e , conversion , ls1 , novak , v8

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.