LS1 DD softcore sleeper juggy - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 163 Old 04-17-2013, 10:42 AM
TheDoc25
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oman
Posts: 326
Do you have a snapshot with the new tyres mounted???

TheDoc25 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 163 Old 04-17-2013, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
chmo
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc25 View Post
Do you have a snapshot with the new tyres mounted???
2mrw

"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know"
my LS1 swap build thread
THE cheap progressive bump stop solution
chmo is offline  
post #93 of 163 Old 04-18-2013, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
chmo
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,292
cooper STT s, 33x12.5x15, OWL showing, Ultra 164 wheels.
(hmmm ... next tire rotation will be on the wheels ... black side wall showing)

cooper_fr_angle.jpg

cooper_r.jpg

cooper_r_angle.jpg

cooper_fr.jpg

"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know"
my LS1 swap build thread
THE cheap progressive bump stop solution
chmo is offline  
post #94 of 163 Old 04-18-2013, 01:53 AM
oalali
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 788
nice !

not planning for a 50" LED bar ?
oalali is offline  
post #95 of 163 Old 04-18-2013, 03:09 AM Thread Starter
chmo
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by oalali View Post
nice !

not planning for a 50" LED bar ?
thx!

50" led lightbar has VERY low priority (zero priority?!)

1. I have enough lumens at the moment ... I would rather think about reducing current draw by eliminating all remaining conventional lights and swapping trucklite genII led driving lights in and doing rear led lights. (low priority!)

2. engine oil pan and transmission skid has to come first ... either
option a) with modular UA tummy tuck (and redo exhaust setup ) ... or option b) a skid row or ucf engine skid connected to my stock TC skid (keeping my brand new custom SS exhaust system)

3. am thinking of either
- putting Staun II internal beadlocks on my polished wheels (cheapest and very functional ... but I somehow dislike my polished wheels)
- Interco Birddogs (I know ... fugly in some eyes ... but at least black ) (semi beadlock ...)
- ATX SLABs (want them badly ... but major expense and single sided beadlock)
all of those solutions are relatively light!

"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know"
my LS1 swap build thread
THE cheap progressive bump stop solution
chmo is offline  
post #96 of 163 Old 04-18-2013, 05:50 AM
TheDoc25
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oman
Posts: 326
I like your rear carrier did you install that? Could you shoot some close ups open and closed
TheDoc25 is offline  
post #97 of 163 Old 04-18-2013, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
chmo
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc25 View Post
I like your rear carrier did you install that? Could you shoot some close ups open and closed


well ... that is a ORFAB tire/can carrier. I installed it myself ... yes. It took about 8 hours without a helping hand. Make sure you have the right tools ... one of the drill bits needs to be extra long ... hehe. You are going to perforate your toy quite a bit!
Somewhere on JF there is a write up ...

close ups when I get to it in the next days ...

"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know"
my LS1 swap build thread
THE cheap progressive bump stop solution
chmo is offline  
post #98 of 163 Old 04-18-2013, 06:37 AM
sgt_moore
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 20
Awesome man!
sgt_moore is offline  
post #99 of 163 Old 04-18-2013, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
chmo
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_moore View Post
Awesome man!
thx

"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know"
my LS1 swap build thread
THE cheap progressive bump stop solution
chmo is offline  
post #100 of 163 Old 04-18-2013, 10:03 PM
crateampscal
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Petaluma
Posts: 743
have you looked at the clearance between the transmission/transfercase and the body? how much can you lift those pigs up(tummy tuck)?
crateampscal is offline  
post #101 of 163 Old 04-19-2013, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
chmo
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by crateampscal View Post
have you looked at the clearance between the transmission/transfercase and the body? how much can you lift those pigs up(tummy tuck)?
I already have a 1.25 BL ...

did not systematically test clearance above transmission ... but with the stock skid it looks like I have plenty of air above the tranny!

My main concern is bell housing to firewall clearance ... I would think. (but eventually moddable ... just eventually a PIA)

"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know"
my LS1 swap build thread
THE cheap progressive bump stop solution
chmo is offline  
post #102 of 163 Old 04-19-2013, 12:58 AM
crateampscal
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Petaluma
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmo View Post
I already have a 1.25 BL ...

did not systematically test clearance above transmission ... but with the stock skid it looks like I have plenty of air above the tranny!

My main concern is bell housing to firewall clearance ... I would think. (but eventually moddable ... just eventually a PIA)
im starting to do my research on a 5.3 swap. I saw your post about belly clearance on the pirate thread. with the pictures you posted showing a side view of the engine bay, it looks like you have plenty of room between the engine, and electric fan. if the engine could be pushed forward a hair, do you think youd have more clearance for the bell housing, or would it not be enough to gain anything?
crateampscal is offline  
post #103 of 163 Old 04-19-2013, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
chmo
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by crateampscal View Post

im starting to do my research on a 5.3 swap. I saw your post about belly clearance on the pirate thread. with the pictures you posted showing a side view of the engine bay, it looks like you have plenty of room between the engine, and electric fan. if the engine could be pushed forward a hair, do you think youd have more clearance for the bell housing, or would it not be enough to gain anything?
ok .. just got back home ... I need to check where my crank pulley sits right now to be able to say more.

I will take some pics from below.

As you might have noticed I was forced to use the stock unmodified frame horns as mount points ... so a quite unusual engine position and eventually angle already. (interestingly we managed to keep the stock front driveshaft and the TW extended spline CV rear.)

The frame no mod regulations here dictated and restricted my build quite a bit ... so I am not sure if I have a margin at the firewall. And finding out seems quite challenging as well

"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know"
my LS1 swap build thread
THE cheap progressive bump stop solution
chmo is offline  
post #104 of 163 Old 04-19-2013, 09:10 PM
crateampscal
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Petaluma
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmo View Post
ok .. just got back home ... I need to check where my crank pulley sits right now to be able to say more.

I will take some pics from below.

As you might have noticed I was forced to use the stock unmodified frame horns as mount points ... so a quite unusual engine position and eventually angle already. (interestingly we managed to keep the stock front driveshaft and the TW extended spline CV rear.)

The frame no mod regulations here dictated and restricted my build quite a bit ... so I am not sure if I have a margin at the firewall. And finding out seems quite challenging as well
fair enough. lol I just remembered that the Savvy guys ran a flat skid on their KOH rig with the LS engine. I could always ask gerald. and here i thought the US only made ridiculous regulations lol.

with that being said, im really happy to see someone who has done this in a very clean, very complete way. i like how you got the gauges, electric fan working and actually putting a decent exhaust on.

WELL DONE, SIR!
crateampscal is offline  
post #105 of 163 Old 04-20-2013, 06:32 AM
oalali
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by crateampscal View Post
... and here i thought the US only made ridiculous regulations lol.


WELL DONE, SIR!
We consider you guys to be living I modification heaven !

Almost everything is legal around here ..
oalali is offline  
Reply

Tags
4l60e , conversion , ls1 , novak , v8

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Sleeper Built Stocker hoovail Jeep Builds 215 12-03-2015 08:59 PM
Rebel Offroad: Sleeper 2011 Unlimited REBELOFFROAD Jeep Builds 4 10-03-2011 10:07 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome