After me spending one day in the workshop
ANOTHER SIGNIFICANT PROGRESS REPORT:
(yeah ... electrical extras are not really 7p's favorite job! So did it myself )
modified the Jeep pcm harness to accept the tachometer/RPM signal from the GM computer!
Here you can see the original jeep gauges working properly ... including the RPM gauge ... yesss
stepping a bit on the throttle ...
need to figure out how to disable some stupid "check engine light" and "check gauges" from the jeep computers
all what was needed was the little Novak black box called tach emulator to convert the GM rpm signal to a Jeep crank shaft position signal:
- another important step: finally got the fan controlled by the GM computer as Fan#1 ... had to do some smart programming myself to ignore missing A/C pressure signals and to adjust speedo thresholds as well
- coolant overflow bottle: managed to reuse the original Jeep coolant overflow bottle by choosing a smart location where it still fit ...
- connected the brake/TC lock out signals to the original jeep brake switch ... by cutting out the cruise control lines there (pin3 and pin4) and reusing the switch to interrupt 12v when pedal is pressed to unlock Torque Converter ... easy peasy
- routed pin 6 (Backup Light Signal!) from the original jeep auto transmission connector (10 pin 42RLE transmission range sensor connector) from under the tub to the cabin to be connected to the Lokar shifter sensor Backup Light signal
- Sahara did a nice exhaust job with the parts I supplied ... the "only" thing they had to do was to bend some tubes from the headers to the Magnaflow Y pipe (well they forgot the sensor bungs ... then did some completely useless bungs at the backside of the Y legs ... then 7p fixed it) then to weld the moroso spiral flow resonator and then the Magnaflow 12589 Muffler and then the ready made 3" afe tailpipe together and to fabricate some hanger brackets ...
note the nice flex pipes which Sahara put there on my request!
how it sounds? aaawwwwsomme ... quieter than so many borlas out there but with a subtle and deep V8 rumble
- The right upstream O2 sensors have been mounted by 7p at the new mounting bungs below the headers!
- Transfer Case shifter cable modified ... Shifter adjusted by 7p!
- VSS speedo sensor adjusted by 7P, the transmission now shifts correctly!
- The Derale transmission cooler with fan came with a temp switch ... here is the location directly at the transmission housing:
(sorry for the blurry pic!)
still testing if it will turn on as planned
- cleaned up the engine compartment to hide as many as possible "naked" wires in the right plastic looms
- tested the HVAC controls ... all working! (vacuum for the blend doors and fan speeds)
Still to do:
- Lokar CIND gearshift decoder and indicator need to be correctly mounted/adjusted/wired up!
- Dashboard and cabin needs to be cleaned up ... the center console and the shifter boot ... etc ...
- A/C work !!!!
AND THEN ... FUNNNNNN