LS1 DD softcore sleeper juggy - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > LS1 DD softcore sleeper juggy

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 10-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #136
Lo2aY
Spider LJ

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalali View Post
Nice !

You better order things from AEV soon then. Who knows how many kits they have left!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc25 View Post
I thought Lo2ay all ready had the brute kit from his last container load from far away....
Yup That's correct. Also shipped the highline with it.

How much do LS1s cost in UAE? for a good clean one that is. our prices here are ridiculous

LJ Build thread - Spider

TJ Build thread - Chinook

JK Build thread (soon)

J8 Build thread (soon)

Brute Build thread (soon)
Quote:
This hobby is not about who can shop the best, it's about creating things that did not exist before. It's about giving a machine a soul and making it an extention of your persona.

There is always someone who can spend more than you can. Don't measure your self worth against others. You can create, you can be fast and you can fail. It's all part of life.
Lo2aY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #137
oalali
1998 TJ Wrangler 

You can buy a whole Running Caprice with LS1 engine and 4l60e transmission between AED5k ($1.3K) to AED12k ($3.2k) in here.

If you want something stronger then you can go for a newer Caprice. They come with an L98 engine and 6l80e transmission. That will give you 361 bhp, 391 lb-ft, and 6 speed automatic transmission for about AED25K($6.7k) for the whole car. Or you can find the engine and transmission in the Junk Yard for AED16k ($4.5k).

Some people think that an L98 is inferior to an LS2 but that can't be further from the truth.

the L98 got the same LS2 block. So, it is basically an LS2 engine. But there are three main differences:

1- the L98 uses L92 heads; which are identical to the LS7 engine.
2- the L98 uses L76 intake. the L76 got bigger ports and larger runners. (basically identical to ls3 intake)
3- The L98 also comes with a bigger 90mm throttle body and 39lb/hr injectors.

The things that makes the L98 produce less power than an LS2 are the cams, exhaust, air filter, and tune. Swap in a hotter cam, Spring valves, headers, cat back, reprogram it, and you are looking at 500HP+ and 460lb-ft+ !
Unread 10-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #138
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I got my 2001 LS1 drive by cable Caprice for AED 11k with 75k km on the clock and drove it around for 8 months before I finally tore it apart
Engine, transmssion, pcm and some A/C fittings were reused ... the rest was sold for AED 2500 ( I could have asked more ).

While the engine was out the shop swapped LS6 valve springs and new valve seals in and a new waterpump .It was a good opportunity to replace the weak composite head gasket for a MLS gasket and to inspect the cylinders/pistons. All good.
I had to relace a stuck injector later though ... so a cleaning job while doing the swap might be a good idea too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
chmo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #139
jlp437
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Amazing build!

So for the 2006 Jeep PCM to run the Tach, it only needs the crank sensor signal from the Novak Tach Emulator?

is it a 4 wire hookup?
power
ground
gm input
jeep output
jlp437 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #140
UTWJ2000

That is a bad *** build
UTWJ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #141
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp437 View Post
Amazing build!

So for the 2006 Jeep PCM to run the Tach, it only needs the crank sensor signal from the Novak Tach Emulator?

is it a 4 wire hookup?
power
ground
gm input
jeep output
Thanks

Yup ... basically that's it... 4 wires to the Novak Tach Emu Box!
But note ... the input to the box coming from the GM PCM is a "tach out" where usually a gauge is driven ... and the Box transcodes THAT to a Jeep crankshaft position signal which now goes to the Jeep PCM ... et voila ... dash gauges complete!

So far I have been too lazy to mask my stock dashboard MIL led ... because Jeep PCM is really confused now ... crank is turning and non existing rest of the engine
Unread 11-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #142
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTWJ2000 View Post
That is a bad *** build
thx a lot ... it has one big disadvantage ... the more I love my Jeep the more I am scared to destroy it doing "mean, wild things"
Unread 11-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #143
jlp437
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Chmo, thanks!

No cam sensor hookup right?
Unread 11-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #144
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp437 View Post
Chmo, thanks!

No cam sensor hookup right?
not for the 2005/06 pcms and Novak boxes ... some older Jeep pcms require additionally the cam shaft signal and have seperate/different part no's for the Novak box.
Novak does send wiring instructions which cover the different Jeep model years and boxes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 11-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #145
jlp437
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I've been trying to figure out if an 05-06 Tach Emulator will work for the 4cyl also. The NGC computer (in 2.4 and 4.0) uses the same crank pulse for both so I'm good to go I believe.

Last edited by jlp437; 11-01-2013 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: To fix my non-existent sentence structure
Unread 12-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #146
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

it is alive and kicking

latest "mod":

I had to remove my rear Bilstein 5160s (for 3" lift) due to one of them having lost all pressure and most of the oil ...

Until I decide what is going to happen next (replacement of one shock, rebuild of the broken, complete change to something else ) I just dropped a pair of STOCK JK gascharged shocks in the rear (freeby!).
Their expanded lengths do not unseat my coil springs ... and compressed they need an inch more BS extension (in total 2.5").

After putting them in I immediately noticed a improved ON ROAD ride with less body roll and a dryer yet not more uncomfortable response in the rear.

So I decided to go for another premiere last weekend : my first ever ROCK tour in one of the omani wadis. (Wadi Khamis for the googlers)

Non Poser Shot:
noposer.jpg

... and I liked both: the "new" rear shocks AND the terrain
it is more "demanding" than the dunes and one of our friends snapped the inner ears of his hardened chromoly front axle shaft (he was on 37" tires on a built JK ... but no matter how built a JK D30 can be ... not enough for 37s )
Unread 01-04-2014, 05:48 AM   #147
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

after a weekend trip to my favourite playground at the periphery of the "empty quarter" (Liwa) I come to the following findings:

1. rear Bilstein 5160s for 3" lifted TJs were to soft (from factory) on the compression damping side! My actual stock JK shocks in the rear were by far BETTER in controlling the rear!!! I explored speeds between 50 and 70 mph on non even non sandy desert ground ... and despite getting airborne from time to time all was in check! (no typical donkey kicks back there from bouncing off my bump stops)

2. Only a custom tuned shock is a good shock ... Brand name is not enough:
A properly set up JKU with King off the shelf (with C/A) shocks and King hydro bumps was doing a wild dance in front of me ... until I took over hehehe

3. If I want to revive my rear Bilsteins I am going to retune/rebuild!!!
(waiting on the 3" FOX/savvy coup to come end of the month though ... pretty sure now a wayne tuned FOX stock mounted combo for 3" suspension lift would give me even more!)

Tags
4l60e , conversion , ls1 , novak , v8

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.