Low Fund Jeep Cherokee Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Low Fund Jeep Cherokee Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-26-2009, 11:41 PM   #1
sotik
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Low Fund Jeep Cherokee Build

So guys, I am hoping this will work. I was thinking this could be an over time interactive build that you guys suggest what improvements to do, and when I get the chance I add them and update as needed. However there is a catch, I am a student, with a low cash income. I got this jeep for $500 and want to fix it up to be a beast of an off road/ rock crawler/ mud slinging monster. So I was hoping that if I made a post here you guys could help me find cheap alternative ways to do such a tune up.

What I would like to do first

Rebuild the front and rear - upgrade them and protection for them
Upgrade the brakes
Better Intake system
Differential lockers
Higher lift
35 tires
Get a CB
Fender Flares
Mud Flaps

Now what would you guys suggest that I do first?

Here is what I am working with just in case you guys wanted to know how it looks. Once I get it to be a reliable vehicle I plan to replace some of the exterior body parts and paint it a camo pattern.

sotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2009, 08:28 PM   #2
jeepmanjc
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i wouldnt worry about a higher lift or bigger tires, you have a pretty good settup there. focus on the lockers and some small stuff like a cb. then go for a bumper and winch. maybe some wheel spacers mite help. also a cherry bomb exaust, its cheap and awsome
Unread 12-31-2009, 10:28 PM   #3
ruff88xj

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Nice start, I painted my 88 camo

ruff88xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.