Louie4's YJ - Page 68 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Louie4's YJ

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Building a Bumper?

Unread 02-08-2014, 12:27 PM   #1006
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Good job brother. I need to do a clutch and throwout bearing mine sometime.

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 02:51 PM   #1007
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Well I don't have any real updates. However, my buddies and I are wheeling at Adventure Off Road Park in TN July 26-28th. Should be a good ride and hopefully the park is fun.

I have thought about my future plans for the jeep and I figured I'd make a list on here to remember and stay on track.

SOA: I have a need for more articulation out of my jeep. I want to get some 0" lift springs or stock rears, maybe even Waggy springs. I already have the steering in place to make this possible. I would just flip my drag link to the top of the Tera flex arm. I will need a traction bar and a good way to mount it. I've seen many build threads about them so I will just have to do the research.

Dual Batteries: I am finding that I use a lot of juice when wheeling and just driving. I have the Taurus fan and I will wear the battery out with the winch. I also told my wife I would fix the A/C for her at some point. That means the fan will be running as well as the compressor and blower motor. So I think it's a must. I have been reading up on a few write-ups.

High amp alternator: I figure this will get lumped into the dual batteries. My current alternator is from a 1990 Cherokee that I swapped in after mine bit the dust. It's only a matter of time until this one goes.

35" x 12.50 Tires: I'm tired of 33's. They get the job done but I bash too many rocks.

High clearance skid: May get the UCF and get the one for better clearance. I already have a 1" body lift so that's a plus.

These upgrades probably won't happen until I'm finished with my masters this December. But once I'm done and have a full-time engineering job I will be acquiring a better welder and all the parts needed. I can currently make the dual battery tray so that might be the first thing I do.

Just got caught up on the last year!

Sounds like we might be on the same page... Thinking SOA next year / winter build. Bought a new Harley last Nov and all the $$ went to that,.

You'll love the Alternator mod, GC works and dual batts... Did that all last year in my frame swap...

Belly up in the plans, but not sure how the shaft brake will work. Might be to tight to the tub...

FYI. I did the Durango box last year, and haven't had any over heating issues with the ps to the best of my knowledge....

Keep it going !!!
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 04:48 PM   #1008
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
Good job brother. I need to do a clutch and throwout bearing mine sometime.
I just figured I'd do all of that mainly because I wanted to put the true neutral plate in. Then it just snowballed.

Oh and I got a job interview in Raleigh next month. We'll see how that goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHfireYJ View Post
Just got caught up on the last year!

Sounds like we might be on the same page... Thinking SOA next year / winter build. Bought a new Harley last Nov and all the $$ went to that,.

You'll love the Alternator mod, GC works and dual batts... Did that all last year in my frame swap...

Belly up in the plans, but not sure how the shaft brake will work. Might be to tight to the tub...

FYI. I did the Durango box last year, and haven't had any over heating issues with the ps to the best of my knowledge....

Keep it going !!!
That's the bucket list once I get a better paycheck. I may go ahead with the dual battery tray at least.

Today I got the bellhousing on the AX-15 as well as the fork and the throwout bearing, then I realized I didn't have the fork retainer spring. So I ordered one from Quadratec for $1.99.

I also cut the Flowmaster out and chopped the pipes on either side. I fitted up the new tailpipe and I'll finish it up tomorrow. Pics to follow.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 09:10 AM   #1009
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

A couple of pics. I couldn't find anything to use to install my AX-15 input shaft oil seal. Finally, I noticed my 8.8 spider gears in a small box doing nothing. Fit perfect.

I also chopped my Flowmaster off so I can put my new tailpipe in. I took it to a shop a year or so ago and they didn't do that good of a job now that I am looking at it.
img_0536.jpg

img_0539.jpg

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 02-11-2014, 08:32 PM   #1010
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well I'm waiting on my spring for the clutch fork. Per FedEx it will be here this Saturday...ugh. Here is where I'm at and a comparison of where I was.

So, I decided to tackle the exhaust. I bought the new tailpipe so now I needed to install it.

I bought a hanger off of eBay for the rear, same as the one the exhaust shop put on before I ripped it off.

On the new tailpipe I had to cut the rear hanger rod off the pipe because it wasn't lining up too well. I moved it back maybe 2 inches and angled it properly.

I also prepped the Flowmaster by pulling the old pipe out of the ends. I was about to use the pipe expander I borrowed from Autozone but found it was too big. I need to go get the smaller one. Once I expand the pipes between the converter and the Flowmaster I can burn in the tailpipe. I may just put a clamp between the cat and the Flowmaster just so I remove each part separately.

I also picked up some plugs out of a GC t-case so I can get rid of the larger ones on mine.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 02-12-2014, 06:14 AM   #1011
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I also picked up some plugs out of a GC t-case so I can get rid of the larger ones on mine.

I like that. Year / model of the GC case?
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014, 06:53 AM   #1012
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHfireYJ View Post
I like that. Year / model of the GC case?
It was a '96 or later Grand Cherokee and I believe the t-case was an NP242. I'll probably just put a layer of teflon tape and call it good.

I've also seen these plugs on TJ t-cases.

Does anyone have good idea for the fill plug on my AX-15? I finally got it off. It's chewed up from my vise-grips and every time I tighten it up I have a time getting it back off.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 02-13-2014, 08:00 AM   #1013
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I am displeased that my jeep is quarantined during this awesome snow we had. The Civic was taken to work...lame.
image-1548592255.jpg

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 02-14-2014, 05:54 PM   #1014
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

It would have been worse if you had gotten stuck!
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 04:57 AM   #1015
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermatt View Post
It would have been worse if you had gotten stuck!
Big time. Luckily it didn't stick around long and the city did a great job of plowing and salting the roads.

I have the Flowmaster cleaned up and I got the proper tube expander to slide the front of the Flowmaster into the existing pipe. I'm going to weld the tailpipe to it and have the front use a clamp so I can have a point of disconnect without chopping it every time.

I'm hoping this comes in today so I can start putting my drivetrain back in.
clip.jpg

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 02-16-2014, 07:10 PM   #1016
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like I haven't learned much from my past experiences.

I checked on my order for the spring pictured above. It was coming FedEx and they said it was going to be delivered February 15. I checked that day and it said it was delayed to February 18th. Well, this weekend was looking for working on the jeep so I said screw it. I called the dealer and they had one for $4.75 (tax included). I went by and got it, no problem. I came home and my wife and I took the dog for a walk and checked the mail as we always do. It turns out I got a package from Quadratec...which contained my spring...ugh. Apparently, FedEx got USPS to ship it. So now I have an extra.

The good news is I got the transmission installed as well as the t-case. Filled both up with fluid and reconnected the shifters, plugs etc. I also may have forgotten to mention I jerked the wiring out of the reverse light switch when I took the transmission out so I had to fork out the $56 for a new one at Autozone. I also bought a master/hose/slave cylinder on eBay for under $25 shipped...well it's crap. So now I just ordered a new master/slave/hose kit from Summit Racing for $102 shipped.

So for now I've welded the Flowmaster in and need to finish bolting all the exhaust up and I'm now waiting on the master/hose/slave cylinder kit to finish everything up.

Some pics.
img_0563.jpg

img_0561.jpg

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 02-16-2014, 08:54 PM   #1017
W_A_Watson_II
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Apparently, FedEx got USPS to ship it.
Happens to me a lot with Fed-X. they have had a package pass out place on their trucks two or three times, then handed off to the USPS just to they don't delivery early. UPS gets my business when ever I have a choice.
W_A_Watson_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 12:52 AM   #1018
moomoomage
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for sharing the yj! I love everybit of it!
moomoomage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 06:24 AM   #1019
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by W_A_Watson_II View Post
Happens to me a lot with Fed-X. they have had a package pass out place on their trucks two or three times, then handed off to the USPS just to they don't delivery early. UPS gets my business when ever I have a choice.
I knew they did it and I was never a fan but what can you do. I personally don't mind using USPS nor UPS, I just don't like it when they go between each other. Of course it's only $4.75 lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomoomage View Post
Thanks for sharing the yj! I love everybit of it!
No problem. I'll try to keep the updates coming. I'm hoping Summit ships my parts today and gets here soon so I can drive this thing.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 02-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #1020
Timglide

High Five Lou............. I like the way you think and do. We have similar YJ's and have traveled many of the same roads through their morphings. One thing that has pleased me much is the trans swap. After replacing the clutch slave cylinder the third time, I promised to upgrade to a 3550 on the next failure. It happened and I am so happy in that respect. After seeing your comment in another thread about the coolant fan, I will be heading in that direction too.

Great thread and trail rig ya have!
Timglide is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.