Louie4's YJ - Page 66 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Louie4's YJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineVisit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #976
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantYJ View Post
Congratualtions on graduating! The world needs more EITs.
Thanks! I'm hoping at the end of next year I'll be a P.E. I think I'm going to sign up for the test this Spring and take it in the Fall. I should be eligible with my prior work experience under a P.E. and my masters counting 1 year. I'm hoping that will be my last test...ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJWookiee13 View Post
Hey, Congratulations on graduating! I have something similar I just installed on mine, they're pretty bright!
I like them. I won some off eBay this weekend and they should be here today or tomorrow. I've heard they are just as bright, if not brighter, than the stock ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varangian View Post
Congrats on finishing school!
Thanks! It feels good and my wife says I'm not such a Debbie Downer anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermatt View Post
Congrats on that. Next big step for most of us is when you get that student loan paid off. You did this masters so fast you'll tear that up too. Being out of school, doing real work and making real money us so much more fun in my opinion.
I agree. I would much rather work which gave me the incentive to beast it out. I don't know if I mentioned it but my wife was living in TN for a year before I started school which means...in-state tuition. What was more awesome was we were not married before I started school so I had to pay out-of-state. Once October came around and we were legally married they made my tuition in-state and retroactive back to the beginning of the semester which means I got a refund. As of now my masters is going to cost about as much as my 2009 Honda I bought with 25 miles on it...base model that is. So I'm hoping I get it paid off quickly.

For the true neutral plate I'm going to try and find a template to modify my existing one. RikRotorhead did that so I'm going to see if he has one. I will also be installing the backup lights in a week or so. I'm toying with the idea of an external slave swap but I need to see if I can source a bellhousing. I looked up all the other stuff and it didn't seem too bad to get or too expensive. The bellhousing and the external slave cylinder will be the big money items.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #977
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Hey lou good job on the masters and sticking it out!!
I just happen to have an external slave bellhousing. Since my V8 swap I'm no longer in need of it if your interested pm me and we can hash out a price. Its just the bell you would still need the retaining plate and all that jazz.
Unread 12-29-2013, 07:22 AM   #978
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj View Post
Hey lou good job on the masters and sticking it out!!
I just happen to have an external slave bellhousing. Since my V8 swap I'm no longer in need of it if your interested pm me and we can hash out a price. Its just the bell you would still need the retaining plate and all that jazz.
Sweet!

I'll shoot you a PM.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 01-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #979
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I got my LED bolt lights in the other day and I did most of the wiring inside because I have a cold and it's a bit nippy outside. I did manage to hook one up and it's bright as hell.

I plan on putting them on the inside of the tail lights having one on top and then bottom kind of like this ==> O: :O
img_0436.jpg

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 01-04-2014, 05:43 PM   #980
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Got my LED lights installed. It was pretty straight forward and I'm very satisfied with the results.

Here is the start of my install. I had to make a connector to wire the single reverse hot wire to both lights.

Here it is illuminated.

Both lit up.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 01-05-2014, 07:11 AM   #981
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The lights look great I bet they make it a lot easier to see. I've been eyeing the ones form lifetime led for awhile.
Unread 01-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #982
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyj94 View Post
The lights look great I bet they make it a lot easier to see. I've been eyeing the ones form lifetime led for awhile.
Thanks. I'm toying with the idea of adding a switch to the reverse light circuit to turn them on when I want so I can use it for camping or working on stuff off the hitch.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 01-05-2014, 05:35 PM   #983
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well I changed the oil in the jeep. I don't remember the last time I did but it's been a while. I also just placed an order for a true neutral shift mode selector for my NP231. I want to have the option of flat towing if I need to.
true_neutral.jpg

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 01-18-2014, 08:22 AM   #984
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Leaving Belize today. My wife and I finally went on our Honeymoon after getting married in October of 2012. It was a great time. Here is my view every morning while we drank our coffee.
image-3041323615.jpg

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 01-18-2014, 09:03 AM   #985
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 09:16 AM   #986
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Very nice Lou! Glad you finally could get away and relax! Now come down to savannah and see the new man cave! And of course drink beer!
trailrider787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 08:36 PM   #987
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider787 View Post
Very nice Lou! Glad you finally could get away and relax! Now come down to savannah and see the new man cave! And of course drink beer!
You just need to give me a date and I'll be there.

Well we are back from our getaway and we had a great time. I can post a bunch of pics but I'll try to be selective. Here is a jeep related one though. I took a picture of this CJ-7 and later and a bar nearby I was getting a beer and this lady sitting there looks at me and says "I saw you taking pictures of my jeep." I said I thought it looked good and well built. Apparently she bought it that way in Colorado and she was from Ohio and moved to Belize. She had it shipped in a large container with other stuff for around $4,000 and the taxes were based on blue book so about $650 BZD ($325 USD). I saw many Toyota Hilux D40's out there and they were all the newer models. Only saw two jeeps. The other was a CJ-5 that I didn't think highly of. It had a 3" BL and was missng the back two body mounts.
sam_1287.jpg

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 01-19-2014, 09:34 AM   #988
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I was wondering if I should try to put some beefier parts in my NP231J since I'm putting in the true neutral shift mode selector?

I was thinking about snagging an NP231C in hopes of getting a wider chain and maybe a beefier planetary gear set but I'm thinking it may be more trouble doing that. I've never had a problem with strength on my NP231J but I am toying with the idea because I will have mine apart. I also do not want to put a 2Lo kit or 4 to 1 either, the money isn't there yet. If I went that route I would just get an Atlas.

Thoughts?

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 01-19-2014, 12:16 PM   #989
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I don't because they are $125 at the junkyard and are hard to destroy. I don't hear about too many people breaking these aside from bad driveshaft lengths.
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 02:02 PM   #990
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermatt View Post
I don't because they are $125 at the junkyard and are hard to destroy. I don't hear about too many people breaking these aside from bad driveshaft lengths.
That's what I was thinking.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.